PDA

View Full Version : Does Devs or community managers read these forums?

Nalafein
03-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Im wondering if they ever eavesdrop, read what we actually are saying about the game?

You guys with previous experiences about older installments, was there ever a communication between us, the buyers of the product and them the creators?

Shawn85
03-26-2011, 01:13 AM
They claim to be 'working closely together with the forum community fanbase', but so far I've seen no real connection. Even worse I hardly even see responses to questions.

znork
03-26-2011, 02:03 AM
There are strong guide lines to what they are alowed to answer to the public. But yes they read the forums.

Metamagician
03-26-2011, 11:52 PM
I asked this a couple of times too, no response of any kind in any topic from a developer.

This is really clueless and arrogant behavior since developers like Bethesda, Bioware, Crytek, Relic, Tripwire regularly respond on their own official forums.

Actually, this is the first forum where there is ZERO response from developers.

thepyro_13
03-26-2011, 11:55 PM
If you were a developer would you read your games forums?

Of course! But they wouldn't post. If they said they liked the sound of an idea that someone posted then people assume they'll implement it, then they've accidentally made some sort of 'promise' to the community and people get ****ed when they don't uphold it.

You have to be vary careful when talking to people about your work. People assume you represent the company or that you even have control over what content and features are in the game, and you can easily make a lot of trouble by saying things that really shouldn't mean much or shouldn't be taken too seriously.

znork
03-27-2011, 02:21 AM
There are many reaasons for not answering youre questions. They might not know, it might be planed for a later realse.

Nalafein
03-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Metamagician:
I asked this a couple of times too, no response of any kind in any topic from a developer.

This is really clueless and arrogant behavior since developers like Bethesda, Bioware, Crytek, Relic, Tripwire regularly respond on their own official forums.

Actually, this is the first forum where there is ZERO response from developers.

I could add s2games and Blizzard for that matter to the same list. but those games are intierly diffrent, and usually needs balancing and patchupdates frequaintly..

It would sort of be nice if this trend came to the heroes Enviorment to, patching in new heroes for selection and items or maps, even factions instead of adding expansionpacks for money dumps to the future..

KingImp
03-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Fabrice, the producer of Heroes 5, was pretty good at communicating with the general community. At the time it didn't feel like enough, but compared to his successor Erwan who has never once engaged the community, Fabrice was here a lot.

Thunion
03-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Well another good example are Riot games,they are pretty young.And well by now they only got League of Legends.Well i know its online games and Developers are more active in online ones.But LoLs forumas are very active,and i see A red post(a post from someone from development team) every at every 3-4th thread(i mean if we count serious threads where developers should answer,becouse the more active forum the more trolling it will have :/,+ some are just diccusions between players,but we can see someone from developers appearing there to)

kleaneasy
03-28-2011, 08:11 AM
We do indeed read the forums, and while we can't always answer your questions we are listening. The community developer and some of the dev team also have close discussion with community representatives who they talk to regularly.

I hope that helps answer your question

Nalafein
03-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Thunion:
Well another good example are Riot games,they are pretty young.And well by now they only got League of Legends.Well i know its online games and Developers are more active in online ones.But LoLs forumas are very active,and i see A red post(a post from someone from development team) every at every 3-4th thread(i mean if we count serious threads where developers should answer,becouse the more active forum the more trolling it will have :/,+ some are just diccusions between players,but we can see someone from developers appearing there to)

dont play LoL, PLAY HoN! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
---

@ Ms-kleaneasy Thank you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I have a question, is a FAQ released? if not, is it in progress?