PDA

View Full Version : Last call for 3d models

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 09:35 AM
First, let me say thanks to all who have created and contributed so much-
from the skinners to the 3d modelers, and of course 1C Maddox - for making it possible-
Although I am not a programmer, or 3d modeler per se, I am somewhat familiar with the concepts involved ( made a few maps and objects using WorldCraft-bet you are laughing now, hehe )......

Any way, I realize that poly count is of prime consideration- and that getting the effect with as little as possible is what its all about.......

That being said , here goes:

How about a few simple things to add 'atmosphere' ?

- Aircraft hanger buildings with open doors- (so objects placed inside would be partially visible, much like the planes placed under the camouflage netting are now)

- A stack of two or three tires -or other 'spare parts' placed next to the stationary aircraft could create the impression of maintenance taking place-

-Simple wooden cargo crates could be placed near parked planes, trains at depots, or next to ships - helps to give the impression of activity taking place-

And Perhaps not so simple......

-Various stationary aircraft with propellers ,cowling,and/or engines etc. removed - as if they were undergoing maintenance and not flight ready-or undergoing major repairs from heavy battle damage, etc.

Hope I've not covered ground that's been done already, and that some one may be inspired to create the simple objects- as IL-2 and FB development wind down this may be the last chance to get things included, so I felt it better to toss these ideas out there- :-)

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 09:35 AM
First, let me say thanks to all who have created and contributed so much-
from the skinners to the 3d modelers, and of course 1C Maddox - for making it possible-
Although I am not a programmer, or 3d modeler per se, I am somewhat familiar with the concepts involved ( made a few maps and objects using WorldCraft-bet you are laughing now, hehe )......

Any way, I realize that poly count is of prime consideration- and that getting the effect with as little as possible is what its all about.......

That being said , here goes:

How about a few simple things to add 'atmosphere' ?

- Aircraft hanger buildings with open doors- (so objects placed inside would be partially visible, much like the planes placed under the camouflage netting are now)

- A stack of two or three tires -or other 'spare parts' placed next to the stationary aircraft could create the impression of maintenance taking place-

-Simple wooden cargo crates could be placed near parked planes, trains at depots, or next to ships - helps to give the impression of activity taking place-

And Perhaps not so simple......

-Various stationary aircraft with propellers ,cowling,and/or engines etc. removed - as if they were undergoing maintenance and not flight ready-or undergoing major repairs from heavy battle damage, etc.

Hope I've not covered ground that's been done already, and that some one may be inspired to create the simple objects- as IL-2 and FB development wind down this may be the last chance to get things included, so I felt it better to toss these ideas out there- :-)