PDA

View Full Version : Something new with the AI?

3.JG51_BigBear
11-27-2004, 04:47 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=9831019542

This is a thread started by Bearcat99 who believes that the AI has been modified so that they no longer have the ability to see through clouds. Several other community members also believe that they have seen this change in the AI. As I said in this thread, my testing of the AI and their ability to see through clouds produces different results. I was just wondering if it would be possible to get some sort of official word on this. If this is truly the case it has to be one of the biggest leaps forward for the sim but I can't figure out why the AI would continue to have the ability to shoot accurately while in a cloud if their ability to see through clouds has been changed. Any information would be great. Thanks.

tsisqua
11-28-2004, 08:25 AM
Bump

I've lost ai in clouds 3 times som far, without pulling hard maneuvers . . . just gently changing course, left then right. I got shot up once, but the Zero was so close that I could smell saki.

However, the more that I think about it, the more I would think that Oleg would have certainly mentioned such a wonderful change in AI behaviour. I am probably losing the AI due to their many inexplicible antics.

Still like to hear from Oleg about it, though.

Tsisqua

Udidtoo
11-28-2004, 08:33 AM
I've been testing this on and off since Bear 1st posted. While I really really wish it was so I am not seeing any big difference.

%wise I still get hit in the clouds more or less the same as before. If you can manuver radically enough you have always been able to make the AI just seem to *forget* it was trying to kill you just a second ago and its do able in a clear cloudless sky. Flying almost exclusivly offline for 1 1/2 years I wouldn't call it a common occurance but it does happen.

ICDP
11-28-2004, 08:37 AM
No change from my tests.

Simjock
11-28-2004, 09:03 AM
The people who are seeing this AI feature in the clouds have all done a recent re-install of the merged version.

I've lost a few zeros in the clouds. I think you have to have some range on them to lose them.

A word from Oleg would surley clear this up.

RocketDog
11-28-2004, 09:31 AM
I took a Hyabusa and floated around in a cloud at 200 kph with an AI veteran Hellcat on the other side. It got me every time. Doesn't look any different to me.

Regards,

RocketDog.

Bearcat99
11-28-2004, 10:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tsisqua:

Still like to hear from Oleg about it, though.

Tsisqua <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmmmmm After yesterday I wonder when he will come back here. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

tsisqua
11-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Bearcat, the most relief I felt all day was when Oleg posted in another thread not to worry, that he would "continue method of operation", or something like that. I think that he certainly must have seen by now that his supporters are coming out of the woodwork to encourage the team.

Those posts were from a very vocal minority, IMHO. We just need to be at least as vocal as they are with our support.

He'll be back. Like I have said, he's not just the developer . . . he is one of us.

Tsisqua

SeaFireLIV
11-28-2004, 01:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Those posts were from a very vocal minority, IMHO. We just need to be at least as vocal as they are with our support.

Tsisqua <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Extremely true.

Good social researchers (people who do public polls, Human research) have always known that getting a FAIR representative view of a subject can be warped and twisted by a VOCAL MINORITY because they make themselves HEARD, wheras a pleased, relatively happy majority is unlikely to voice as much or as loudly.

It means on these forums a MINORITY VIEW may appear to Oleg as a MAJORITY VIEW. I have seen unsound changes made to this sim (in my view) simply because I, as well as others did not act and simply say, `I don`t agree`.

I also know that some minority LOUD screamers can INTIMIDATE rare posters who may otherwise have posted. To the rare posters - do not be afraid of intimidation. All you need to do is make your point and leave it at that. don`t even respond to intimidation. It`s just the net. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Those of us pleased with the Sim must make ourselves heard,especially when a minority view is in danger of putting across an UNFAIR aspect of the IL2 series to Oleg and therefore endanger the constructive improvement of this simulation.

robban75
11-28-2004, 02:34 PM
I've noticed that planes like the P-47, D-9 and P-51 now extends after the first pass and maintains a higher speed during manouvers. This is the best AI so far, but there's always room for improvements. Still, great job Oleg and staff! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif