PDA

View Full Version : Knock them out

Redirection1991
02-27-2011, 08:13 AM
I was thinking while i was playing: why always violent against the guards..

Shouldn't it be more fun if you could choose to kill them very agressive or just knock them out? to get a reputation among the guards. i was just thinking but would it be a nice add or not?

itsamea-mario
02-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Well i suppose the hidden needle, could be filled with a seditive rather than a lethal poison, but apart from that there wouldn't be much ways to just knock out guards in a fight.

BioPulse.ps3
02-27-2011, 08:58 AM
well i think that if you use you hands in combat you dont actually kill them. right?

itsamea-mario
02-27-2011, 09:01 AM
This is true, i think, but those moves involve breaking necks and crushing windpipes, so if they did survive it would be the more cruel option anyway.
Plus it's not very realistic.

BioPulse.ps3
02-27-2011, 09:11 AM
well realistically not all the soldiers in the ac games are templars, meaning they are not all 'evil'. people who have families, children, etc... and maybe they deserve another day... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

itsamea-mario
02-27-2011, 09:30 AM
I mean not realistic as in NO one would go into a fight against 15 armed people using only hands, no matter how badass they are.
I can definately see why he wouldn't want to kill them.

Maybe altair/ ezio etc. are all just sociopaths.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
02-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Well, maybe they can add an option to knock out the guards with the hilt of the sword? Like instead of killing them just hit them in the head with it and knock them out.
But, the system could be useful in that the guards in the next game, if you knock them out, come back and know you don't want to kill them and they don't engage you in combat? Or even recruit guards to join your cause?

RebeccaLH
02-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Redirection1991:
I was thinking while i was playing: why always violent against the guards..

Shouldn't it be more fun if you could choose to kill them very agressive or just knock them out? to get a reputation among the guards. i was just thinking but would it be a nice add or not?

Welcome! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Since the guards are attempting to kill ezio/altair, the violence is returned.

screamwoork
02-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by geomart:
Well, maybe they can add an option to knock out the guards with the hilt of the sword? Like instead of killing them just hit them in the head with it and knock them out.
But, the system could be useful in that the guards in the next game, if you knock them out, come back and know you don't want to kill them and they don't engage you in combat? Or even recruit guards to join your cause?

i agree with you about the HILT thing..
but they can't let them get back awake after a couple of minutes.. so knock them DEAD by the hilt would be great!