PDA

View Full Version : Time compression question

jonpfl
04-09-2007, 04:59 PM
All,

Is there any way to change your time compression limits dynamically? When I am close to my home port I don't want my time compression to reset to 1 but when I am in enemy waters I do.

Is this possible? It is really annoying to have to keep speeding up every time I have a contact near my own port.

Thx
jonpfl

Foehammer-1
04-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Sorry, no luck there. You can only select "land proximity" for all kinds of land. I put mine on 64x and it is fine that way. Whe you plot a course into the enemy port, zoom in all the way to spot small islands and such

gadflyjs
04-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Try SH3commander, you can change time compression of different situations up to x4096. But be careful if you set the time compression near lands, or you may dead due to crash without knowing it.

jonpfl
04-10-2007, 05:52 AM
So, if I install SH3Commander, will I bet able to dynamically change the time compression depending on the situation?

When I first leave my home port, I do not want to have my time compression reset to 1 every time I spot a ship but once I get in enemy water, I do.

Would this be possible with SH3Commander?

Thx
jonpfl

cnelsoniii
04-10-2007, 07:58 PM
I believe with SH3 Commander you can change TC for Enemy Ships by itself.

gadflyjs
04-11-2007, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by jonpfl:
So, if I install SH3Commander, will I bet able to dynamically change the time compression depending on the situation?

When I first leave my home port, I do not want to have my time compression reset to 1 every time I spot a ship but once I get in enemy water, I do.

Would this be possible with SH3Commander?

Thx
jonpfl

Yes, you can change the time compression of encounter enemy. Also, enemy planes, near landmass, radio report of enemy ships, hunting, hunted, and more.

Just in case you didn't find the SH3commander:
SH3 Commander 2.7 (http://www.subsim.com/subsim_files/patches05/SH3Cmdr27.exe)

Try it and love it!

jonpfl
04-11-2007, 05:33 AM
Ok, I downloaded and installed SH3 Commander.

Do I have to load up SH3 Commander everytime I play SH3? Or do I just load up SH3 when I want to modfiy/change parameters?

Also, I do not remeber seeing anything in the options where I can select 1 day for fuel cows. Is that automatic?

Thx
jonpfl

Foehammer-1
04-11-2007, 08:04 AM
Run Commander from a shortcut, do all the changes you want, then press the "Launch SH3" button. I believe it does the 1 day at milk cow automatically. Check the date in-game. If not, you can always set it manually.

If you don't load the game with commander, it says you might get some funny issues with crush depth and reload times, but I have yet to see something like that..

Oh, and don't make any changes when the game is still running