PDA

View Full Version : Flight Control w/ CH Flightstick & Keyboard

jg1234
11-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Hi again folks,

Pardon all the posts - but I am just starting to get into this game for the first time.

I have an old CH Flightstick ( 10 years old ) with the latest drivers but it seems like the planes are real senstive and tough to fly. I have tried to change the "Dead Zone" feature in setup but my planes react to the slightest changes in flightstick or keyboard controls.

When I used to play EAW I would push my stick to the left and I could make the plane almost stand at a 90 degree angle - no such luck in IL-2. I know that the planes probably would not act like that in real life - but I would like to know if I can make the controls stiffer ??

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

jg1234

Tully__
11-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Click the "Joysticks & FB" link under my sig picture and read. Of particular interest to you will be the section on Setting up Sensitivity.

RobertNighthawk
11-08-2004, 02:59 AM
I had the same problem and you need to uninstall/reinstall the new joystick drivers. Until you do your stick will have inordinate (and thus nearly uncontrollable) amounts of sensitivity particularly in the roll axis.

Hope this helps.

S!

Alexi_Alx_Anova
11-08-2004, 03:06 AM
jg1234,

The best way I've found for adjusting my CH Fighter stick is to set the X and Y axis to 100% across the board in FB/AEP/PF. NO dead zone. Then go to the CH Manager (latest version is 3.5) and adjust the X and Y axis gain and response settings by clicking once or twice on the up arrow so that the straight line graph looks like a shallow letter S.

Alexi

jg1234
11-08-2004, 06:32 AM
Thanks everybody. I really appreciate how helpful folks are on this forum.

I will look into this stuff tonight and get back to you all. One last question - when you say set the x & Y axis to 100% - does that mean in the profile section on the input setup ??

jg1234