PDA

View Full Version : Crashing - does this help?

shikasta2004
10-27-2004, 12:00 PM
I have been unable to play for more than 10 minutes without crashing then I tried this and have played without crashing for the past couple of hours (fingers crossed!). I have an nForce2 system board - I installed the latest drivers. Then I reduced the amout of time the game music plays from over 50% to 30%. I have a home network so I disabled the network connection on the game computer while I am playing. Something has worked. I suspect the nForce network card keeps paging the rest of the network (is this possible?).

shikasta2004
10-27-2004, 12:00 PM
I have been unable to play for more than 10 minutes without crashing then I tried this and have played without crashing for the past couple of hours (fingers crossed!). I have an nForce2 system board - I installed the latest drivers. Then I reduced the amout of time the game music plays from over 50% to 30%. I have a home network so I disabled the network connection on the game computer while I am playing. Something has worked. I suspect the nForce network card keeps paging the rest of the network (is this possible?).

maztec
10-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Entirely possible. The network cards associated with nForce2 systems have been known to cause issues with other things. I've had endless driver issues with them on one of my boxes, anytime I upgrade to the version that offers the features I want my network all goes to pot. . Soon as I downgrade back to the old stables, works fine.

Maz