PDA

View Full Version : Major SHIII problem - please help!

MIKE_HK
10-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Ok so here's the situation - I have recently bought SHIII and I was really happy about it but the thing is - after I installed it - I click "play", than the screen goes all black (like there was going to be the ubisoft intro) and...it stays that way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif nothing happens and the screen stays black all the time. Now let's go into details - after the installation the game is checking my system if it is ok with the game. I got AMD Athlon 2.4 Geforce 7600 GS, 1GB DDRAM, a decent dvd-rom and others so everything is ok (all green).
I tryied to download and install patches however this thing was appearing every time I was trying to install older patches:
"this program cannot update the installed version of SH 3 v1.2 to 1.4 Polish because of the following reason: C:\.....SH3\anim.act: unknown version ".
and this when I was trying to install the newewst one:
"this program cannot update the installed version of SH 3 v1.2 to 1.4 Polish because of the following reason: C:\...\data\Air\AFB_P38J_en.log: unknown version ".

I had no such problems with any other games (naturally including Ubisoft games such as Splinter Cell CT), so it should be all ok, still something is wrong...any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Michiel_88
10-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Do you have the polish version of the game, or the english one? If you have the english one, and you try to update to 1.4 Polish you're bound to have problems. If not I haven't got a clue, maybe someone else will.

MIKE_HK
10-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Well, yeah I got the Polish one, however a friend of mine has the same game (same edition etc) and he has no problems...

lecek
10-03-2006, 12:58 PM
The unknown version could mean one of two things (err..that I know about.)

1) You are using the patch for the downloaded game when you installed off a CD (or the otherway around.)

2) You installed mods first and then tried to patch the game.

If non of those is correct it could be that your particular install is bad.