W.E.S.P
01-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Hopefully they will fix it

My thoughts as to what could fix it.

. Reduce the ground to ground assassination range

. Speed up the time it takes the gates to close

Jack-Reacher
01-12-2011, 11:42 AM
I haven't had it happen to me, but I have done it to someone. It was basically lag, I jumped from a roof next to him mashing square as he ran through and I got him as he ran through, but it looked like I went through the door. Range had nothing to do with it

Daassassinspwn
01-12-2011, 11:49 AM
ok to all of the people saying reduce the assassination range... if they did that they pursuers in a chase could never catch their targets. All characters run at the same speed so the pursuer has to cut corners and stuff to catch up. If they reduce the assassination range then you would have to be about 2 feet and the runner would just drop a smoke and the chase is over.

ArcadeSole
01-12-2011, 11:51 AM
It happens, it's lag. You can't kill someone whose standing on the other side of a closed gate, but if they just ran through it and you're mashing the kill button you may be able to get the server to register the kill around the same time the gate is closing.

WESP, please can you post something constructive and stop whining. You're hurting my head.

W.E.S.P
01-12-2011, 12:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ArcadeSole:
WESP, please can you post something constructive and stop whining. You're hurting my head. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then stop reading.

Hows it not constructive when there is an issue with chase breakers. Im trying to get it fixed. I think thats constructive. No?

EscoBlades
01-12-2011, 12:07 PM
*whistles innocently*

Rainie
01-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Im In my experience the lunging and jumping through chasebreaker kills (whether im the target or pursuer) only occur when both are running. I dont think the assassination distance is that great (except for air assassinations), if both my target and i are walking or fast-walking i have to be at the most 3 steps away before the button prompt appears for the assassination. However if im chasing them im mashing the assassinate button the entire time so the moment that im in that 3 step range the kill animation begins...and all kills from a chase have jumping animation making it look like a 40 ft lunge (to some people). I would attribute it to lag but on the pursuer's screen they were able to get close enough to see that button prompt. And like i said, this is just from my experience its only happened when both are running, i dont get into many chases so i dont see it often

W.E.S.P
01-12-2011, 12:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack-Reacher:
I haven't had it happen to me, but I have done it to someone. It was basically lag, I jumped from a roof next to him mashing square as he ran through and I got him as he ran through, but it looked like I went through the door. Range had nothing to do with it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you tried running through a gate in sync with a friend? I can do it all the time as long as the runner dosent mess up.

ArcadeSole
01-12-2011, 12:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W.E.S.P:
Hows it not constructive when there is an issue with chase breakers. Im trying to get it fixed. I think thats constructive. No? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a lag issue. Which is already an issue i'm 110% sure the devs are aware of. No need to shove it down their throats.

W.E.S.P
01-12-2011, 12:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daassassinspwn:
ok to all of the people saying reduce the assassination range... if they did that they pursuers in a chase could never catch their targets. All characters run at the same speed so the pursuer has to cut corners and stuff to catch up. If they reduce the assassination range then you would have to be about 2 feet and the runner would just drop a smoke and the chase is over. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why wouldnt they catch the targets? You would have to be more stealth on youre approach, knife or chase expert. Yeh we run at the same speed unless you got chase expert on, but its the targets that have more a of job of getting away, purusers just follow the targets cleared path.

W.E.S.P
01-12-2011, 12:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ArcadeSole:
It's a lag issue. Which is already an issue i'm 110% sure the devs are aware of. No need to shove it down their throats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? I beg to differ.

Shove it down their throats. You might want to get youre facts right mate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ArcadeSole
01-12-2011, 12:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W.E.S.P:
It's a lag issue. Which is already an issue i'm 110% sure the devs are aware of. No need to shove it down their throats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? I beg to differ.

Shove it down their throats. You might want to get youre facts right mate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've tested it. It's a lag issue. And you're not being very clear, are you trying to tell me the Devs don't realize there's issues in this game? Are you serious?

W.E.S.P
01-12-2011, 12:33 PM
No thats just you drawing youre own failed conclusions again. Why wouldnt they be aware of it. Ive reported it and tones of other people have reported it. Did i really need to point that out. Were do you come up with this stuff.

If you havent got anything "constructive" to add about the gate kill then please stop posting. I dont want to get in any flame war with you even though youve have insulted me a few times.

ArcadeSole
01-12-2011, 12:35 PM
No thats just you drawing youre own failed conclusions again. Why wouldnt they be aware of it. Ive reported it and tones of other people have reported it. Did i really need to point that out. Were do you come up with this stuff.

If you havent got anything "constructive" to add about the gate kill then please stop posting. I dont want to get in any flame war with you even though youve have insulted me a few times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seriously, is English your first language?

marq08
01-12-2011, 12:38 PM
It happens. It's lag. Same reason people think they are getting shot around corners. On your pursuers screen they even look like they go through the gate sometimes. It has nothing to do with the range because I've run through partially closed gates without hitting assassinate and had pursuers run through them without pushing it either.

Mr_Shade
01-12-2011, 12:41 PM
The Devs are well aware of the so called issue.

If they deem it worthy of fixing, they will... however they will only fix it if it's a genuine issue.

So I suggest those of you who have the problem, report it directly to Support.

But as already suggested - please make sure that it is indeed a problem and not lag on your connection. They are constantly tweaking multiplayer to try and make it as lag free as possible.

Anyone with the issue, should report it directly to Ubisoft Support, rather than post on the forum, since Support are able to collate the issue.

luth411
01-12-2011, 12:43 PM
It's not a big deal. It's no different than a counter-kill or smoke bomb kill. It's just a timing issue across the host and clients. There's nothing to fix, and I see no reason to alter the game mechanics to circumvent an issue of narrow scope and little consequence. If it makes you feel better, just remind yourself that you were actually dead before you got to the gate. You don't see your hunter complaining that you jumped through the gate after he killed you.

BTOG46
01-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Let's cut out the personal insults people, if you have something constructive to post, then do so, but if all you want to do is hurl personal insults, then cut it out and don't post at all.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

EDIT:

Damned Ninja Forum Managers.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

obliviondoll
01-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Yes, it is a lag issue.

It can't make sense for it to be anything else.

Increasing or decreasing the range of assassination can't logically be blamed for people appearing to pass through solid objects.

Here's a question for you?

The other day, I was on a rooftop in Rome (running for my life after stunning a pursuer and being blinded by a second with FC). I dropped off the roof, and into a blend group, which I hid in. Then I got shot by someone through the wall I was next to (he was on the other side, and on HIS screen he fired the shot before I dropped - on mine I'd already blended, but because he still had me in sight on his screen, he got the kill through a wall.

Can you honestly tell me that reducing the range of the hidden gun would stop this happening?

If you can, then you're incapable of rational discussion on this topic, and I'll be leaving the thread. If you can't, then you should be able to see why lag makes sense as a probable cause, and assassination range doesn't.

Mr_Shade
01-12-2011, 12:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:

Damned Ninja Forum Managers.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Where....?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

EscoBlades
01-12-2011, 12:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:

Damned Ninja Forum Managers.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Where....?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*waves hand*....wait...wrong forum http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

W.E.S.P
01-12-2011, 12:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
The Devs are well aware of the so called issue.

If they deem it worthy of fixing, they will... however they will only fix it if it's a genuine issue.

So I suggest those of you who have the problem, report it directly to Support.

But as already suggested - please make sure that it is indeed a problem and not lag on your connection.

Anyone with the issue, should report it directly to Ubisoft Support, rather than post on the forum, since Support are able to collate the issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Mr Shade. I thought I would do the poll after you suggested it but I did say I would get grief doing so.

My intentions are not to hate on this game. The poll was fare and not biased in anyway. Its the most enjoyable game i have ever played. I see a problem i report it, if many people ingame say the same thing then i thought i should bring it up in hopes that they can fix a GREAT GAME. I have tested it and If I can do this ever time then imo its an issue. Like i have said before no matter what it is something is wrong and needs to be looked at.

@ Arcade im not being a tool even though you have behaved this way. I would suggest you have a think about what you are saying next time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

obliviondoll
01-12-2011, 12:54 PM

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There was a ninja Global Mod a second ago too.

They appear to have both disappeared into the crowd now, though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

W.E.S.P
01-12-2011, 12:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mpagano411:
It's not a big deal. It's no different than a counter-kill or smoke bomb kill. It's just a timing issue across the host and clients. There's nothing to fix, and I see no reason to alter the game mechanics to circumvent an issue of narrow scope and little consequence. If it makes you feel better, just remind yourself that you were actually dead before you got to the gate. You don't see your hunter complaining that you jumped through the gate after he killed you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suggest you take a look at this. We was all communicating through the test with 4 people confirming the same things.
When they got through the gate, if the gates closed etc.

GATEKILL (http://www.youtube.com/user/InForItBigTime?feature=mhum)

Mr_Shade
01-12-2011, 12:57 PM

Cheers Mr Shade. I thought I would do the poll after you suggested it but I did say I would get grief doing so.

My intentions are not to hate on this game. The poll was fare and not biased in anyway. Its the most enjoyable game i have ever played. I see a problem i report it, if many people ingame say the same thing then i thought i should bring it up in hopes that they can fix a GREAT GAME. I have tested it and If I can do this ever time then imo its an issue. Like i have said before no matter what it is something is wrong and needs to be looked at.

@ Arcade im not being a tool even though you have behaved this way. I would suggest you have a think about what you are saying next time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well juding by that poll - it appears it's cause is Lag..

This is hard to fix, due to the end users connections being partly at fault sometimes - however the Devs are working on making the Multiplayer as lag free as possible.

So while I can see that only some people have issues, so it may not be a problem with the game as such, more the netcode or the connection.

If it's a problem with the game, they will look into it.

I suggest people with the problem check their connections etc and report it to support.

I would also remind people to cut down on the insults..

If this problem does not affect you, then please do not drag the topic down.

If it does affect you - do not try and boost the problem...

W.E.S.P
01-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Thats true but it dosent mean it is. 30% dont want that assassination range reduced http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Can anyone else share youre vids on youre efforts of proving its lag. I would be interested to see if you are able to do pull it of or would like to see some attempts at it. If you know how to do it you would be able to get 1 gate kill every20/30seconds.

I hope it is a problem with connection but my observations are telling my otherwise as is that video.

I hope they do look in to it because this game is amazing. I just want it better. Whats the harm in that.

I know its not my connection but i will report it.

By the third insult id had enough, but i hear ya.

obliviondoll
01-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Seen that video before, W.E.S.P

It provides support to the theory of lag being the cause.

The ones with the Courtesan chasing the Hellequin ALL show the gate still partially open when it cuts to the kill animation - the target's through the gate, but it's not shut - the pursuer is slipping through during the delay in the chasebreaker activating.

The one with the Courtesan running from Hellequin shows the chasebreaker hasn't started closing yet when the Hellequin lands the kill.

The final kill is shown from 3 perspectives. I'll describe each in the order they appear in the video.

Bench player - he sees the pursuer run, and catch the target BEFORE THEY REACH THE CHASEBREAKER. it closes even though on this angle NEITHER player appeared to cross the threshold at any point, but the target did appear to slide backwards just before the kill, then back to where he was almost in the doorway as the pursuer pounced.

Target: He runs through the chasebreaker, but doesn't have time for the chasebreaker to close before dying, and the kill animation is different from the what other two perspectives saw.

Player behind chase-breaker: He sees the target run through the chasebreaker, then "teleport" backwards when killed - dying as if he was killed before reaching the chasebreaker.

If you had the pursuer's perspective as well, I'd expect him to have seen the same thing as the player on the bench - target didn't reach the chasebreaker, died, and the gate closed even though he was killed before he passed it.

It's possible he saw the target cross the gate, but the chasebreaker hadn't yet closed, but that still supports the theory that lag is the cause.

So far, that is the best kill you've provided in terms of the ability to be analysed, and no angle showed the chasebreaker fully closed before the kill animation began. The others, also, show clearly that the kill began before the gate was closed.

It really does look like a combination of lag and you overstating the problem (or ignoring the more reasonable explanation in favour of blaming something that doesn't seem even potentially relevant to the problem).

Keep in mind, I'm not arguing that this isn't odd, I'm not arguing that all of those kills are realistic and fair, and I'm not arguing that the assassination range is fine - I think it should be decreased slightly.

I'm just pointing out that, in my opinion, you're putting the blame for this issue in the wrong place.

EDIT: 2 typos, plus an addendum - The discrepancy between kill animations - 2 matching, the third different - is a strong suggestion that lag is at work - the kill animations are linked to the movement of the target and pursuer - the target saw an animation that shouldn't happen while he's still running, implying he'd slowed just before seeing it happen, while the other two players saw that he was killed before he'd started slowing down.

W.E.S.P
01-12-2011, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Seen that video before, W.E.S.P

Youre theory would be good but everything like position, gates closing was confirmed by all four people. The hellequin. I agree that i hadnt got through the chase breaker in time.

You got a clan. record upload it. I honestly cant belive people are not having that its the animation taking regardless of were the gate is. If its not fully closed they can get you. I keep saying it, but if i can do it ever time then it aint lag. I'll look forward to seeing your video, but i hinestly still wouldnt take youre word for it. Sorry.

obliviondoll
01-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Youre theory would be good but everything like position, gates closing was confirmed by all four people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Really?

Then how come I can clearly see different from the three perspectives you showed?

And how does me having a clan mean I have recording equipment? I don't. If I did, I'd be getting help from other people who do to set up and test it, and I'd be posting the results, along with a full analysis from every angle I could get. At the very least, you need the pursuer, the target, and one bystander to be watching.

And you seem to have ignored the fact that you've now agreed with me by saying "if it's not fully closed they can get you" - EXACTLY what I was saying all along. Having the chasebreaker interrupt movement before it's fully closed would require it to register as closed earlier in the animation, and that would be less fair, because you couldn't judge as easily when it's too late. If you provide a video from the pursuer's perspective where the gate has FULLY closed and they STILL manage to jump through it, I'll acknowledge a glitch.

Until then, as I've said, my opinion is that lag is the probable cause. You're welcome to continue disagreeing, but I've presented my opinion, and the grounds on which it's formed. I'll have a look if you intend to provide new evidence, but for now, I think we're best agreeing to disagree, and I'll bow out until I have more to add, or something I can reply to that I haven't already answered here.

ArcadeSole
01-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Seriously, i'm curious as to whether or not English is your first language, WESP.

EscoBlades
01-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Guys just leave him be. He's stubborn to the point that a fact could hit him in the face and he'd deny it.

He has his opinion, and the mods have informed him how to CORRECTLY go about voicing his game concerns.

Don't feed the antagonistic nature that usually follows one of his posts. Whether he means to do so or not, its bringing the mood of these forums right down.

Agree to disagree and move on. Alternatively, ignore him and have a discussion with someone who will actually listen to your point of view.

Jack-Reacher
01-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Just watched the video and I gotta ask, what has the assassin range got to do with this problem? If you thought the assassin range was too far in each video you are insane, they were basically right next to each other.

In most of them that I watched they pressed X BEFORE the gate closed, its an animation bug and it really isnt a problem imo, its so rare.

papartusedmcrsk
01-12-2011, 08:07 PM
I put assassination range, just because I feel people without the hidden gun shouldn't be able to kill be through two blend groups and a haystack. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif It is most likely just lag, though, in this case.

On the gate issue, it's happened to me before as the target and pursuer, and I can't say what other players screens looked like, but in W.E.S.P.'s vid, the pursuer never sees the gate close. I've killed my target when on MY screen the gate is closed. All the way. I'm spamming the square button and then the gates close and I'm like "damn.... oh wait that's a kill http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif" Still lag, not denying that.

The absolute WORST scenario I've encountered is being killed by a swift kick to the temple, as I lay helpless after being stunned. That Courtesan who killed me must have been the Hulk in disguise.... that or *****s can kick through gates nowadays. (Yes, I was laying on one side, while she stood on the other.)

-EDIT-

W.E.S.P. I miss your video signature. It was awesome.

W.E.S.P
01-13-2011, 02:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack-Reacher:
Just watched the video and I gotta ask, what has the assassin range got to do with this problem? If you thought the assassin range was too far in each video you are insane, they were basically right next to each other.

In most of them that I watched they pressed X BEFORE the gate closed, its an animation bug and it really isnt a problem imo, its so rare. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like you said it is rare. I belive that when the gate kill happens its because youre pursuer got to the assassination range just in time resuting in the gate kill. Reducing slightly imo would make it almost impossible to pull off unless you was testing it. The chase breakers shouldnt have to be fully closed half is more than enough. A chase breaker is exactly that, but dont work in this case like the others that work perfectly fine and always do.

@ papartusedmcrsk

I tried using it for the poll but it changed to my current one. I will bring it back you can count on it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

TheF00L82
01-13-2011, 08:49 AM
This was a simple test to do in a private match.

Myself and 2 friends made a private room to test the gate kill because we were honestly curious. We don't have recording equipment to show but you can perform these tests easily yourself.

First test was a simple "Can you kill thru a closed gate?" So, I ran thru a gate, closed it, and walked up against it. My friend spamed the kill button and we got nothing until the split second the gate began to open. Myth Busted on this one.

Second test was the lunge. Instead of trying to time a chase to clear the gate, we had a different approach. We started a chase near a gate. My friend gave himself enough space to fully free run to the gate. I ran thru gate, gate closed, friend ran while spamming kill button, and we got no lunge kill thru the gate.

We did both tests multiple times with the same results. With this I must say that the gate kill is purely lucky timing and/or lag. I must call this myth Busted. Yeah, that's 2 references to mythbusters lol.