PDA

View Full Version : VECTOR TO BASE

FA_Archangel
12-27-2004, 02:08 PM
Is it me or does the request for a vector to base when the base is a carrier give the wrong vectors half the time. I know many others with this complaint. Maybe the game is giving vectors for a landing pattern instead. If so, we don't need the game to tell us how to land. Just want a straight vector to the carrier- i'll take it from there. Vector to target also been a problem.

FA_Archangel
12-27-2004, 02:08 PM
Is it me or does the request for a vector to base when the base is a carrier give the wrong vectors half the time. I know many others with this complaint. Maybe the game is giving vectors for a landing pattern instead. If so, we don't need the game to tell us how to land. Just want a straight vector to the carrier- i'll take it from there. Vector to target also been a problem.

_VR_ScorpionWorm
12-27-2004, 02:27 PM
Vector to home base has always given the heading to the nearest friendly lines, even if you are over the ocean they will call out the fasted heading to safety, once you get there they will call out the heading to the base/carrier. This has been like this for quite some time, flying over Moscow and requesting vector to home base, sends me to the nearest front line for saftey(in case you are being pursued and need to bail to live).

FA_Archangel
12-27-2004, 02:39 PM
Actually, in Europe I have had no problems with the vector home, just the carriers. Besides, this happens even without Front Lines. Sometimes I even see the carrier at 090 and ask for vector to test it and the game will say 330 or something.