PDA

View Full Version : possible assassin styles



alorne
01-14-2010, 10:18 PM
There must have been assassins all troughout history; however, im not just content with knowing where and when they where. I want to know what they looked like, and im sure some of you do to. So, I have put together what I think an assassin in 60-50 BC Rome (when Julius Caesar ruled) might have looked like.

http://i348.photobucket.com/al...rhide/Untitled-1.jpg (http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q328/brandondollarhide/Untitled-1.jpg)

like it? hate it? perhapes youve made your own? feel free to share.

nukelukespuke34
01-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Um....how does that look anything like Roman dress at all?

alorne
01-14-2010, 10:30 PM
how do altairs clothes look like the ones during the crusades, and how do ezios look like the ones during renaissance italy?

Azugo
01-14-2010, 10:51 PM
Actually, Altair's clothes are spot on -- Ubisoft got their inspiration for Assassin's Creed from a book. Now, the book is based on a true story about the Assassin's during the Crusades. I haven't read the book, but apparently it describes the Assassin costume like the ones in the game.

alorne
01-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Azugo:
Actually, Altair's clothes are spot on -- Ubisoft got their inspiration for Assassin's Creed from a book. Now, the book is based on a true story about the Assassin's during the Crusades. I haven't read the book, but apparently it describes the Assassin costume like the ones in the game.

Well, I diden't know that, thanks for the info.

the amolang
01-14-2010, 11:08 PM
to me, it looks like it has a bit too much cloth, in a way I think it should be more simplistic...

Azugo
01-15-2010, 02:05 AM
Amolang... You and simple... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

BK-110
01-15-2010, 02:54 AM
I only made a possible costume for Desmond.

(Quoted from fan works thread)

Originally posted by BK-110:
So, I finally scanned in some sketches I made. They show how I could imagine Desmond with an Assassin outfit:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs7...tfit_by_FrostDMC.jpg (http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/013/b/a/Desmond_Miles_Assassin_Outfit_by_FrostDMC.jpg)

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs7...fit2_by_FrostDMC.jpg (http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/013/3/2/Desmond_Miles_Assassin_Outfit2_by_FrostDMC.jpg)

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs7...fit3_by_FrostDMC.jpg (http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/013/5/7/Desmond_Miles_Assassin_Outfit3_by_FrostDMC.jpg)

Hope you like it.

Azugo
01-15-2010, 03:04 AM
I don't like the coat on Desmond much. It looks too Anime-ish.

InfernalTyrant
01-15-2010, 03:16 AM
I agree with Azugo.
If we do play with Desmond, and he just wears his hoody, then I'll be like AWW YOU SUCK!

Azugo
01-15-2010, 03:24 AM
Yeah but he has to blend in with the modern world. His hoodie could be all he can wear, if you know what I mean.

BK-110
01-15-2010, 05:28 AM
I know what you mean. I'm just kinda trying to emulate some of the details from Alta´r and Ezio's clothes. That includes the "beak", the shirt-like parts and collars of Ezio's clothing and the concept of "long" clothing to emulate an eagle's tail - which is why I added the long coat. But yeah, in the end, he might just use his hoodie, although I think there will be some form of modifications to his outfit, seeing as he most likely will be out in the field at some point. Well, depending on the location. If it's just gonna be city environments, where equipment, aside from a hidden blade or two and some hidden knifes, isn't needed it could easily just be his current outfit.

InfernalTyrant
01-15-2010, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Azugo:
Yeah but he has to blend in with the modern world. His hoodie could be all he can wear, if you know what I mean.
Haha, that never stopped Altair or Ezio :P
They didn't blend in at all!

Silhouelle
01-15-2010, 09:01 AM
like it? hate it? perhapes youve made your own? feel free to share.
Personally I think it looks like Altiar's gear combined with Ezio's cloak and chest, with Jak's arm and boots (Jak being from the Jak&Daxter games) with a bit of Garrett from thief thrown in for the hood and shoulder wrap.

Having looked at the pic, obviously, without Roman having been mentioned in the OP, it would never have popped into my head. To me it simply looks like a warrior monk.

dorido
01-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Aquilla "Roman Assassin" - not sure if its official but it's there if you look for it

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/4932/as3j.jpg

i love it when people make concept art of assassins from different eras. I personally made a mongol assassin myself named Alshain (which i think translates to peregrine falcon, the fastest animal on earth, which is very assassiny). I even figured how to the eagle hood "logically" lol. Would post but scanner is out.

BK-110
01-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Damn, that's what I call a Roman Assassin. I don't like the chest plate much, but it looks really... well... Roman!

Azugo
01-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by dorido:
Aquilla "Roman Assassin" - not sure if its official but it's there if you look for it

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/4932/as3j.jpg

i love it when people make concept art of assassins from different eras. I personally made a mongol assassin myself named Alshain (which i think translates to peregrine falcon, the fastest animal on earth, which is very assassiny). I even figured how to the eagle hood "logically" lol. Would post but scanner is out.

I'm pretty sure he is official... There's a comic book on the iPod AppStore about him. It's seven bucks AUD so I probably won't get it, it's not in English anyway, judging by the screenshots.
If you wanna have a look at it, just search up "Assassin's Creed" and it'll be one of the last ones.

Hooray! 500th post! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

Avl521
01-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Hey! I've been working on 2 costumes for Desmond.
I'm taking him as a modern day Assassin so Bulletproof vest included and stuff.
I made 2, the first one is Desmond as a rookie Assassin (white clothes) and the 2nd one which is still being made would be the Ultimate Armor (Black, kinda like Altair's Master Assassin Armor)

nukelukespuke34
01-16-2010, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by BK-110:
I only made a possible costume for Desmond.

(Quoted from fan works thread)
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:
So, I finally scanned in some sketches I made. They show how I could imagine Desmond with an Assassin outfit:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs7...tfit_by_FrostDMC.jpg (http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/013/b/a/Desmond_Miles_Assassin_Outfit_by_FrostDMC.jpg)

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs7...fit2_by_FrostDMC.jpg (http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/013/3/2/Desmond_Miles_Assassin_Outfit2_by_FrostDMC.jpg)

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs7...fit3_by_FrostDMC.jpg (http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/013/5/7/Desmond_Miles_Assassin_Outfit3_by_FrostDMC.jpg)

Hope you like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That looks awesome! I always envisioned Desmond's assassin outfit with a trenchcoat, if only to keep the long, bird-tail theme going. His current hoodie was always too plain compared to Altair and Ezio's outfits.

Also, wearing an open trenchcoat allows him to keep his blades, throwing knives, (gun?) and other gear hidden.

Good job on the outfit.

thebutcherhead
12-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by alorne:
There must have been assassins all troughout history; however, im not just content with knowing where and when they where. I want to know what they looked like, and im sure some of you do to. So, I have put together what I think an assassin in 60-50 BC Rome (when Julius Caesar ruled) might have looked like.

http://i348.photobucket.com/al...rhide/Untitled-1.jpg (http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q328/brandondollarhide/Untitled-1.jpg)

like it? hate it? perhapes youve made your own? feel free to share.
Ahhh!!! Your picture's gone! It was awesome I missed it. Must post it back!