PDA

View Full Version : Oleg, Enlarge Non~SET AI Ground Attack Radius

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 08:41 PM
Not Beta report, just FB request.

Often I need to let planes "free hunt" for targets, instead of setting targets. Now (FB 1.11) they will attack targets only within a circle of 0.7km from the (non SET) attack waypoint.

My idea is that for battlefield or rear area targets, aircraft were often directed to target areas, away from originally planned waypoints, or flew around looking for targets. Now I must set dozens of waypoints to cover an area fairly well, and if they do use their weapons in a ground attack early, they will continue flying the rest of their waypoints empty, in the combat area, and that does not seem correct as in real life they should return to base to ready for next mission. Or eat lunch. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif A much larger detection for attack range will fix this, letting us set fewer waypoints.

just set....Free_Ground_Attack_Radius = 2.0

Or is it not that simple? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Thanks FB Constructor Oleg. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 08:41 PM
Not Beta report, just FB request.

Often I need to let planes "free hunt" for targets, instead of setting targets. Now (FB 1.11) they will attack targets only within a circle of 0.7km from the (non SET) attack waypoint.

My idea is that for battlefield or rear area targets, aircraft were often directed to target areas, away from originally planned waypoints, or flew around looking for targets. Now I must set dozens of waypoints to cover an area fairly well, and if they do use their weapons in a ground attack early, they will continue flying the rest of their waypoints empty, in the combat area, and that does not seem correct as in real life they should return to base to ready for next mission. Or eat lunch. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif A much larger detection for attack range will fix this, letting us set fewer waypoints.

just set....Free_Ground_Attack_Radius = 2.0

Or is it not that simple? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Thanks FB Constructor Oleg. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Also, the AI fighters' engagement range, can it be lowered?

..... AI_Fighter_Engagement_Range = 5.0

Thanks. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 05:12 PM
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif Zero cannot start engines off FB airfields. I know its batteries or starters. I have never seen a battery or starter on any FB airfield. If somebody could post the game option that lets you see them, Thanks!

We need to make missions where player and AI flights take off from airfields smaller than the ones in FB. In Italy the Germans flew Fw190s from airfields designed to support no more than 2-4 aircraft. US Army Air Force flew P~38s from fields bordering Italian towns.

In late 1941 near Moscow, Bf109s inability to protect German troops from Soviet ground attack aircraft forced them to fly to small airfields closer to the frontline, operate from there during the day, and return to primary base at sunset.

Of course 109s and 190s can start engines off airfield now, but some important aircraft cannot...Stuka and Zero most notably. Just need a way to simulate very small airstrips beyond the official FB air bases.

Set.... Off_Airfield_Engine_Start=1 for all aircraft,

Thanks, /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

The aircraft below, either player or AI, cannot start engines except on official FB international airports (the US Army Air Force Bases on the FB maps /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif ....

I~153
I~16
Ju~87
He~111
He~162
Me~262...this *should* be restricted to larger airbases I think. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
G~50
Zero
Me~323
....and possibly several other non~combat aircraft.

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 05:25 PM
That may be question for Starshoy. Also may need create some machine gun AA. Maybe some telephone poles with wire cross as Had know some record that planes fly into wire. Some survive some not so.

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 05:28 PM
I would be very surprised to see every airplane being able to start it's engine outside an airfield. They would first need to be equipped with an electrical starter. No every plane had such an equipement.
Most of them require ground crews to start the engine, as well as external batteries. Obviously, one cannot be at the same time turning the starter handle standing on the ground and turning on the ignition switch, priming fuel, maneuvering the throttle at the same time from inside the cockpit...

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 05:38 PM
Heinz_Knokke::
-- They would first need to be equipped with an electrical
-- starter. No every plane had such an equipement.

Please help me! Where in FB do I set the option to see these ground crew and starters on the FB airfields.

Thanks! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif