PDA

View Full Version : Frankenstick Utility! Might be usefull

Waldo.Pepper
06-01-2005, 11:21 PM
This might be useful.

From the website...

FranknStik defines a virtual game device and allows you give it life by mapping physical game device input to its components from a single or multiple game devices. You then select the virtual device in the game as you would a physical device. FranknStik will work with any combination of USB and game port devices. As long as you can see the device listed under the Windows game controller panel, it should be usable. Uses include: piloting mechs with 2 hands instead of one, utilizing an existing second controller as a throttle stick for flight sims, freeing your hands from the KB/mouse first person shooter standard by using multiple joysticks or using a joystick in combination with the mouse.

From this site:

http://www.franknstik.com/

BTW I have no connection to this software. Just thought I'd pass it along to any adventurous mates.

Waldo.Pepper
06-01-2005, 11:21 PM
This might be useful.

From the website...

FranknStik defines a virtual game device and allows you give it life by mapping physical game device input to its components from a single or multiple game devices. You then select the virtual device in the game as you would a physical device. FranknStik will work with any combination of USB and game port devices. As long as you can see the device listed under the Windows game controller panel, it should be usable. Uses include: piloting mechs with 2 hands instead of one, utilizing an existing second controller as a throttle stick for flight sims, freeing your hands from the KB/mouse first person shooter standard by using multiple joysticks or using a joystick in combination with the mouse.

From this site:

http://www.franknstik.com/

BTW I have no connection to this software. Just thought I'd pass it along to any adventurous mates.

PlaneEater
06-02-2005, 01:27 AM
Hot ****, I've been looking for something like this for a long time now.

Awesome.

hobnail
06-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Interesting, payware, but still interesting.

Platypus_1.JaVA
06-03-2005, 10:12 AM
"as long as it is in the Windows game controller panel, you can use it"

Well, my X-52 is setup just nicely. It works in PF, FS-2004 (a bit of tweaking required) and Lock-on. Why do I need a program like that?

Unburied_Nat
06-03-2005, 12:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Platypus_1.JaVA:

Well, my X-52 is setup just nicely. It works in PF, FS-2004 (a bit of tweaking required) and Lock-on. Why do I need a program like that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be an ideal setup tool for a homemade throttle controller or cockpit, I would think.
As it is now it's a bit of a trail-and-error to get running.