PDA

View Full Version : Tired crew?

alodude
04-09-2005, 02:58 AM
Hi,

How do I manage my tired crew. It's annoying to put them in the crew quarters and switch up all the time. WHat's a good way to do this?

cheers

alodude
04-09-2005, 02:58 AM
Hi,

How do I manage my tired crew. It's annoying to put them in the crew quarters and switch up all the time. WHat's a good way to do this?

cheers

quillan
04-09-2005, 07:11 AM
That really is the only way to do it. Because of that reason, once you crank time compression up above 32x, crew states are frozen. Fresh guys don't get tired, tired guys don't recover, wounded don't heal (or die), and morale doesn't drop or improve. I set the sub up the way I want it at the start of the patrol, and start running on time compression. Try to stay above 32x as much as possible, and you'll minimize the amount of switching you have to do. Also, I keep my quarters full most of the time. The only people in the forward torpedo room are those who can't fit in the quarters, unless I'm in action.

DeerHunterUK
04-09-2005, 07:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by quillan:
That really is the only way to do it. Because of that reason, once you crank time compression up above 32x, crew states are frozen. Fresh guys don't get tired, tired guys don't recover, wounded don't heal (or die), and morale doesn't drop or improve. I set the sub up the way I want it at the start of the patrol, and start running on time compression. Try to stay above 32x as much as possible, and you'll minimize the amount of switching you have to do. Also, I keep my quarters full most of the time. The only people in the forward torpedo room are those who can't fit in the quarters, unless I'm in action. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can only echo the above statement. However, I used to have a full crew compliment on my Type VII b but had to have 5 sailors in the forward torpedo room as the crew quarters were always full. I decided to get rid of the 5 extra sailors and sail with 25 sailors instead of 30 and it seems to work fine for me.