PDA

View Full Version : New Gameplay - what did you like?

keepth3beat
11-23-2009, 11:33 AM
So as we know AC2 brought in a lot of new gameplay mechanics to address the complaints in the first ones. What were some that you guys liked? What didn't you like? What would you have liked to see more of?

Personally, I thought all the new blending mechanics were pretty sweet, and using courtesans to distract the guards always ended much better than random stealth kills to use the body as a distraction. I always had a band of courtesans tailing me... not only to look like a pimp, but to hide if I was notorious and walking past some guards. >>

The parkour, as always, was my favorite part of the game, but I was a bit turned off by some of the fixed camera angles in some of the assassin/templar dungeons. It made it a bit easier to figure out what I was supposed to do in order to get to the next ledge, but at the same time, it almost made it more difficult to perform because I'm used to playing around with the camera at my own leisure. Plus, I get vertigo really easily while playing this game (yay, severe acrophobia), so it really throws me off to suddenly have the camera switch up on me.

I kind of wish we could have seen more of the side missions tied into the main story. How funny would it be to get information out of a woman by agreeing to beat up her cheating husband?! I just feel as though we didn't do enough information-gathering in this game, it was all pretty much fed to us.

What about you guys?