PDA

View Full Version : Help! Cannot install AEP

Etneral
01-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Hi!

I am sorry for posting this here, but I cannot find any forum dedicated to FB-AEP on the site...

I am trying to install AEP on top of a clean IL2-FB installation, but it doesn't not work. Everything go smoothly until the installation reaches between 35% and 41%. The programs just freezes and I have to end the installation. The problem seems to be happening the program is working on a file called XX_3d06.SPS (can't remember the first letters/numbers).

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Simon

Etneral
01-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Hi!

I am sorry for posting this here, but I cannot find any forum dedicated to FB-AEP on the site...

I am trying to install AEP on top of a clean IL2-FB installation, but it doesn't not work. Everything go smoothly until the installation reaches between 35% and 41%. The programs just freezes and I have to end the installation. The problem seems to be happening the program is working on a file called XX_3d06.SPS (can't remember the first letters/numbers).

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Simon

FluffyDucks
01-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Go to community help sounds like a dvd/cd problem,some dvd drives dont like AEP but it is a well known problem, you will find answers here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/49310655

Tully__
01-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Sounds like an impatience problem. That is one of the largest files in the installation and the install will actually seem to pause for quite some time while that file is installing. There are one or two others that will also make the heart race in the same way if you're impatient. Try your install again and just go make dinner or something. Come back to your machine after about 30-40 minutes, I think you'll find all is well. If not, post back here or in the community help forum and we'll try to find the problem.

Etneral
01-26-2006, 08:23 AM
Shouldn't the % bar still be going up even though the same file is showing so we know that the installation is still going on?

But you may be right...

However, I posted a more complete description of my problems in the Community Help forum. Since I am a complete newbie in this (I was a CFS3 player... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif), I don't know where to start...

Thanks!

Simon

Platypus_1.JaVA
01-26-2006, 10:43 AM
CFS3?

Hail the CFS3 convert, for he has been walking in the dark shadows for a long time. Hail the CFS3 convert, for he has seen the light!

I hope you enjoy this sim and it's community.