PDA

View Full Version : il-2 stick vs il-2 joycontrol

rclarkjr
12-16-2007, 08:55 PM
I have just gotten back into the virtual cockpit after a while and noticed via the forum there is now a new profiler ( il-2 joycontrol )by Oleg that appears to be a little more refined than the il-2 sticks( FoolTrottel) that I am still using. I am flying in both Il-2 Sturmovik and Pacific Fighters and was interested in trying this out,however I have learned to be careful with some things,so the question is should I keep things the way they are or use the newer profiler and if I do use this newer profiler are there any problems I should be aware of or careful to avoid such as what do you do with the old profiler,delete before or after installing and so on ? Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

T_O_A_D
12-16-2007, 09:28 PM
If your happy leave it alone. If not Fooltrottle gave a nice blessing on the finished work of Oleg on this utility.

VMF-214_HaVoK
12-16-2007, 10:02 PM
I prefer IL2 Joycontrol. Either of the two are much better then the default, especially when you have a Hotas and pedals. You can adjust your trim, pitch, and brakes with the third party utilities.

S!

rclarkjr
12-19-2007, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I believe Santa is going to be bringing me Il2 Sturmovik 1946,so I will be uninstalling these and starting fresh with this. I will probaably then go with the updated il-2 joycontrol then.-- Happy Holidays--