PDA

View Full Version : Release the key for other player

samkaming
08-16-2010, 09:50 PM
I would like to know is it possible to release the key to other player? I had finished the game and wanna to pass to game to my friend to play, but I don't want my friend to use my account as I am currently playing other games such as Prince of Persia & Splinter Cell.
Thanks!

primerib69
08-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Welcome to the forums, Sam!

If you have a Xbox 360, then no.

If you have a PlayStation 3, then no. Sort of.

Each beta code is only good for one person, so you can't give it to someone else so they can use it. It's the industries way of making a profit, just like with pre-ordering games. They come shipped with DLC codes, but they are 1-time codes and go void after you activate them, so you can't give them to a friend or sell them.

samkaming
08-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by primerib69:
Welcome to the forums, Sam!

If you have a Xbox 360, then no.

If you have a PlayStation 3, then no. Sort of.

Each beta code is only good for one person, so you can't give it to someone else so they can use it. It's the industries way of making a profit, just like with pre-ordering games. They come shipped with DLC codes, but they are 1-time codes and go void after you activate them, so you can't give them to a friend or sell them.

Thanks for your explanation!
I just don't want to place the game inside my drawer so I want to share the game with my friend. You know this may not very interesting to play a game again after finished. Or maybe left the game to my son http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif(he is still 6 years old) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

primerib69
08-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Hahahaha yeah i know what you mean and your welcome! But hey, once the actual game comes out, you can share it with as many people as you like!

I don't mean to offend you or try to say anything at all that might go the wrong way with you. But letting your son play Assassin's Creed might not be a very good idea. He is 6 years old after all! Again, I'm not trying to do or say anything bad to you, your family, or anything! You have all the right to do whatever you want. So that's my 2 cents. Hope I helped, and didn't offend. That's the last thing I would want to do http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

bokeef04
08-17-2010, 05:02 AM
@primerib it sounded to me like he meant AC2, not the brotherhood beta, also Ubi don't make money from the beta, the codes are given out for free(they didn't even ask if i actually had a pre-order let alone for proof when i got mine)

@samkaming if your talking about the PC version of AC2, which it does sound that way, then it is still no, your friend would have to buy another CD key from ubisoft, and i'm unsure if that invalidates the one you have

Mr_Shade
08-17-2010, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by samkaming:
I would like to know is it possible to release the key to other player? I had finished the game and wanna to pass to game to my friend to play, but I don't want my friend to use my account as I am currently playing other games such as Prince of Persia & Splinter Cell.
Thanks! Are you playing on PC?

If you are, then the game 'key' is not transferable, once it's linked to your ubi account, it's linked for good,unless you give your ubi account away - and therefore all of your other games linked to that account.

The terms and conditions in the EULA do state this.

You can contact ubisoft support and buy a new CD Key though, which will be cheaper than buying the game again, and simply give your friend the CD to install from.

samkaming
08-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by primerib69:
Hahahaha yeah i know what you mean and your welcome! But hey, once the actual game comes out, you can share it with as many people as you like!

I don't mean to offend you or try to say anything at all that might go the wrong way with you. But letting your son play Assassin's Creed might not be a very good idea. He is 6 years old after all! Again, I'm not trying to do or say anything bad to you, your family, or anything! You have all the right to do whatever you want. So that's my 2 cents. Hope I helped, and didn't offend. That's the last thing I would want to do http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Haha, I think I made you misunderstood! What I meant was keeping the game for my son after he growing up to adult so I could tell him "See, my son! Your dad was playing this game while I still young!" Haha! So I may need to keep the Xbox Controller as well! (Both the game and controller will become antique, haha!)