PDA

View Full Version : Demo on Laptop

Ciris
08-23-2005, 12:24 PM
I'm not sure what the compatibility will be with the final product when it comes to laptops, but the demo worked perfectly on my Dell Inspiron 9100 512 ram, 128 mb ati radeon 9700 graphics card. With the basic startup settings of the demo, there was no choppiness even when running and just rotating the view a full 360 dedrees over and over again. I cranked the settings as high as possible, and there was a noticable slowdown but not too bad. Still, there was no choppiness or freezing.

A note about my video card. When I played Myst IV, there were no problems until two freezes at the very end in Serenia. When playing Uru, there was constant freezing in the desert, thus I could not even make it past the cleft. I change my video card drivers to Omega drivers and have had no problems since with any games.

Ciris
08-23-2005, 12:24 PM
I'm not sure what the compatibility will be with the final product when it comes to laptops, but the demo worked perfectly on my Dell Inspiron 9100 512 ram, 128 mb ati radeon 9700 graphics card. With the basic startup settings of the demo, there was no choppiness even when running and just rotating the view a full 360 dedrees over and over again. I cranked the settings as high as possible, and there was a noticable slowdown but not too bad. Still, there was no choppiness or freezing.

A note about my video card. When I played Myst IV, there were no problems until two freezes at the very end in Serenia. When playing Uru, there was constant freezing in the desert, thus I could not even make it past the cleft. I change my video card drivers to Omega drivers and have had no problems since with any games.