PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 WIRELESS CONTROLLER??!??!

M4GIKRU
04-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Can anyone tell me how to get a MICROSOFT xbox 360 wireless controller to
work? The menus are even set up in game for it! Can I just get the code for
it so I can set it up in my .cfg file?
BTW i tried UBI Support, i think they hire the dumbest people for the lowest minimum wage, NOT MUCH HELP.

SilentAce07
04-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Such a shame if theres no native support. Do you have the wireless receiver?

Assuming you do, theres a file they we used for assassins creed 2 to get it to work,its called xinput1_3.dll .

Ubisoft. Really? How lazy can you be? This is beginning to disgust me. To claim xbox 360 controller support and not support it unless its wired?

Really I hope its just the OP at fault here, and not Ubi. Its quite sad.

simplesim
04-27-2010, 10:49 AM
M4GIKRU
@M4GIKRU,

edited.

Ok, I tried it with my xbox360 wireless controller and it worked. This is how you need to do it. Before you start the game, turn on your controller. The game should pick up the controller device.
If it don't work, here's another option, use xpadder and turn it up, your controller should already ben turn on, then start the game, go to options, controller settings and click tick on the controller box

zurv
04-27-2010, 01:47 PM
oh the game offically supports it.

BUT IT DOESN'T WORK!

buttons are all mapped wrong. the right stick doesn't work.. *sigh*
this is more fail than with AC2.

The game will say.. hit "A".. but it responds to B..

A = B, B = X, push down right analog = start..
fail fail fail..

M4GIKRU
04-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Trust guys im no noobie, im well aware the controller needs to be on prior to launching the game. Im having the same issue zurv is currently having, i tried remapping the .cfg file various times but have given up. AC2 already rubbed me the wrong way with the lack of support for PC, but now this and especially no games for windows live, badly ported cut scenes, and 3rd world tech support?!? Ubisoft has just lost a long, long, long time customer. Peace.

simplesim
04-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by simplesim:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">M4GIKRU
@M4GIKRU,

edited.

Ok, I tried it with my xbox360 wireless controller and it worked. This is how you need to do it. Before you start the game, turn on your controller. The game should pick up the controller device.
If it don't work, here's another option, use xpadder and turn it up, your controller should already ben turn on, then start the game, go to options, controller settings and click tick on the controller box </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not for my case, it works.
Left trigger while holding and press A to another cover. Y to execute take down. Right bumper to tag enemy for execute take down. B for hand to hand take down. Left click ti reload. Right stick click to toggle zoom in aim. Right trigger to fire.
Maybe you should update your xbox360 wireless driver online.

zurv
04-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Are you saying that when it says "hit B to go back" - say in a menu... that is works? and you don't have to hit X?

that pushing in the right stick don't bring up the menu (it shouldn't as that should be mapped to start)

What OS are you running? no one else seems to have the X360 controller working other than you.

simplesim
04-27-2010, 02:40 PM
@Zurv,
Yes that's what I meant Bro.

zurv
04-27-2010, 02:44 PM
what OS?

wahoogoose
04-27-2010, 03:14 PM
I am having the same issue. Anyone else running Windows 7 64bit? -- or any other 64bit OS for that matter?

boomer3point0
04-27-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm having the same issue with Windows 7 64 bit. controller mapping is way the **** out of whack... and there's no option in the game itself to map the buttons.

Thanks Ubi...really glad you held this back a week from the console release to fine tune.

M4GIKRU
04-27-2010, 04:10 PM
<--win 7 64bit

RTDSpector
04-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Go into ProfileDefaultsPC.ini it shows how the Xbox 360 controller is mapped. The odd thing is in the .ini it is actually mapped correctly not sure why it isn't translating right inside the game.

LittlestCthulhu
04-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by wahoogoose:
I am having the same issue. Anyone else running Windows 7 64bit? -- or any other 64bit OS for that matter?

I'm having the exact same issue Win7 64, 360 wireless controller. The mapping is all wrong, right stick doesn't work, etc.

SilentAce07
04-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Same.

FredEx919
04-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Hello guys I am trying to track down the issue you are having with the wireless Xbox 360 controllers. Are you all using the Retail DVD or the Digital Download version of the game? Also did your system prompt for a game update when you attempted play?

MartyMcFly1988
04-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by FredEx919:
Hello guys i'm trying to track down the issue you are having with the wireless Xbox 360 controllers. Are you all using the Retail DVD or the Digital Download version of the game? Also did your system prompt for a game update when you attempted play?

Digital Download version here. Didn't prompt for update when playing (seemed fully updated when logging into Ubi?) Windows 7, 32 Bit. Wireless 360 Controller for Windows latest drivers. Same problem as these guys, controller registers but button mapping is messed up, B button=X, pressing right stick=start, etc.

EtownsFinest04
04-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Also having same problems digital download win7 64 no prompt for update

simplesim
04-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by zurv:
what OS?

My OS is winxp home edition
Retail disk package
Maybe for win7 users try to run the game under winxp, I remember there's a way to do it, no harm trying.

wahoogoose
04-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Hello guys i'm trying to track down the issue you are having with the wireless Xbox 360 controllers. Are you all using the Retail DVD or the Digital Download version of the game? Also did your system prompt for a game update when you attempted play?

Retail DVD -- and I had a brief update but I believe it was just the Ubi login software that was updated nothing related to the game.

SilentAce07
04-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Windows 7 64 bit and steam version. No update downloaded.

I tried running in XP compat but it goes into a loop when using the Ubi launcher and never actually starts the game.

Appreciate the help by the way. Thank you.

Fakeplastictoes
04-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Windows 7 64-Bit <<<<I think this is the reason based on all the posts i've read so far.

I'm using steam, and everything else in the game appears normal. No update prompt came up.

zurv
04-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Steam install. No update.
Window 7 x64
wireless 360 controller.

there are a bunch of ppl with the same issue on the steam forums too.
http://forums.steampowered.com...rumdisplay.php?f=383 (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=383)

MartyMcFly1988
04-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Fakeplastictoes:
Windows 7 64-Bit <<<<I think this is the reason based on all the posts i've read so far.

I'm using steam, and everything else in the game appears normal. No update prompt came up.

Same problem and I'm Windows 7 32-Bit remember!

M4GIKRU
04-27-2010, 07:29 PM
I have a retail copy. Is this 1.1 update true? If so when can we expect release?

veridiac
04-27-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm also having this issue, very annoying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Retail copy
Wireless 360 Controller

Fakeplastictoes
04-27-2010, 07:48 PM
If this bug makes the game unplayable with a controller, then how did it pass every phase of testing, including the delay for the PC version?

People paid 60 dollars for this, and it should of been caught, especially when the company offers a pre-order and take people's money in advance. Anyone trying to use a controller on Vista or Windows 7 could be having this issue.

I defended the DRM you guys use on the Steam boards, but am really wondering if you guys have your PC act together at all.

Buridoof
04-27-2010, 07:49 PM
It seems it's common amongst all the ones with the problem that A is B, B is X, Right Joystick button is Start, and joysticks only work in menus.

My setup:

Windows Vista Home premium 64-bit
Steam Digital Download
Wireless 360 Controller
And no, I was not prompted for an update. If there is an update, from what I've seen, everyone with the Steam version has v1.0.

RTDSpector
04-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Using wireless 360 controller the buttons are all mapped wrong. Using windows Vista 64bit. Bought the digital download version on steam and the game did not prompt me for an update.

betaleg
04-27-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm using a wired X-box controller same problem. This is utterly ridiculous

wahoogoose
04-27-2010, 08:25 PM
It is safe to assume the problem lies in 64bit driver support. Whichever mod is watching this thread, I hope this becomes a priority if it isn't already.

Zynga poker, here I come ... not for long, hopefully.

MartyMcFly1988
04-27-2010, 08:29 PM
It is safe to assume the problem lies in 64bit driver support. Whichever mod is watching this thread, I hope this becomes a priority if it isn't already.

I wish people would stop saying that. I'm using 32-Bit Windows 7 with the same problem!

wahoogoose
04-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by MartyMcFly1988:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wahoogoose:

Sorry....conditional response.

I wish people would stop saying that. I'm using 32-Bit Windows 7 with the same problem! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

zurv
04-27-2010, 08:46 PM
so far the only person that has it working is someone on XP...
that some fail QA if they only test stuff on XP.. which doesn't even support dx10/11 :P

MartyMcFly1988
04-27-2010, 08:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MartyMcFly1988:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wahoogoose:

Sorry....conditional response.

I wish people would stop saying that. I'm using 32-Bit Windows 7 with the same problem! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No worries :-P

keithleyson
04-27-2010, 09:21 PM
I have the same problem.

Going into optiong then enabling controller support...

B = X
A = B
right analog button = start
LT and RT = pan left and right

plus I always get the error: no dvd in drive cancel, retry, continue box. add to the the constant pop up "connection lost from server error" this is starting to be a real turn off. AC2 was manageable.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
8 gig ram
gtx260
10mbit dsl

this game feels like donkey ****!

zero53090
04-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Win7 64 bit
steam version (no update prompted)
wireless xbox 360 controller

the button mapping is all screwy =/

I would always let my friend play as Spies in Chaos Theory because he had a controller. Now that I have one, I'd like to be able to use it so I can be a faster ninja plz, kkthx..

MartyMcFly1988
04-28-2010, 06:06 AM
No update on this?

jsamson2
04-28-2010, 07:09 AM
Try using an older version of the Wireless 360 drivers

MartyMcFly1988
04-28-2010, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by jsamson2:
Try using an older version of the Wireless 360 drivers

Nah, I mean there aren't many older drivers knocking around for this anyway. Why would I downgrade a pad that works with all my other games? Braid, Sam & Max... not exactly huge games, but work perfectly (those are the most recent). Someone at Ubi needs to patch SC:C and sort this out pronto, it's kinda embarrassing!

keithleyson
04-28-2010, 07:55 AM
UBI no get their **** straight and fix all the bugs. WHERE the F.U.CK is the patch? Ubi are you fu.ck.ing listening?

MartyMcFly1988
04-28-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by keithleyson:
UBI no get their **** straight and fix all the bugs. WHERE the F.U.CK is the patch? Ubi are you fu.ck.ing listening?

No need to swear, it's only a game and they are working on it apparently.

wahoogoose
04-28-2010, 08:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keithleyson:

No need to swear, it's only a game and they are working on it apparently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whats your source?

MartyMcFly1988
04-28-2010, 08:28 AM

This indicates that they are working on it?

ZenGamer0811
04-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Hi I'm using Windows Vista 32 Bit SP2 and I'm having the same problem with the A/B button mapping as well I didn't even bother playing it yet I might get disappointed.

It seems that every Ubisoft new release have problems with the controller. I have the retail version as well and I'm based in Asia.

But its ok as long as they are fixing it.

MartyMcFly1988
04-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by maximuskain01:
Hi I'm using Windows Vista 32 Bit SP2 and I'm having the same problem with the A/B button mapping as well I didn't even bother playing it yet I might get disappointed.

It seems that every Ubisoft new release have problems with the controller. I have the retail version as well and I'm based in Asia.

But its ok as long as they are fixing it.

Yeah I haven't played properly yet either, still waiting.

Buridoof
04-28-2010, 10:53 AM
If this is getting added, collectively, to a patch. Would it be proper to make a request? Like maybe high mouse sensitivities? The current range is fine for small monitor users, but with a 24" monitor, even, it's hard to get anything done.

In any case, due to the controller issue and the mouse sensitivity being mediocre, this game is unplayable to me with either option.

I didn't pre-order and preload this game just to wait days, or even weeks from the looks of things, to play the game I purchased. If I could get a refund on steam I'd totally try to get that done.

RiNZL3R526
04-28-2010, 12:38 PM
I'am having the exact same problems with the controller and everything I want to say has pretty much already been said and I hope they come out with a patch soon cuz this is ridiculous and when I try to view the game in full screen and I put in vertical sync and max out the resolution the game still wont show in full screen. I end up having 2 black strips on the side. Any ideas?

Windows 7 (64 bit)
Retail DVD

MartyMcFly1988
04-28-2010, 01:45 PM
I am guessing we won't be getting a fix for this anytime soon, over 24 hours now, what the hell?!

FredEx919
04-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Please be patient guys, We know about the issue you are encountering and are working to resolve it. Unfortunately I do not have a specific time frame but the problem should be resolved soon.

zurv
04-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Please be patient guys, We know about the issue you are encountering and are working to resolve it. Unfortunately I do not have a specific time frame but the problem should be resolved soon.

Thanks for give us a heads up!

FredEx919
04-28-2010, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FredEx919:

Thanks for give us a heads up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Problem, I will post back once I have some more information for everyone http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

MartyMcFly1988
04-28-2010, 03:45 PM

Sorry for being impatient, thanks for keeping us all updated!

FredEx919
04-28-2010, 03:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FredEx919:

Sorry for being impatient, thanks for keeping us all updated! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No worries at all Marty, I also prefer using the Xbox 360 controller so I can relate. Hopefully I will have some more news for you soon though.

RiNZL3R526
04-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Please be patient guys, We know about the issue you are encountering and are working to resolve it. Unfortunately I do not have a specific time frame but the problem should be resolved soon. Thanx for keeping us updated

DarthAdrian
04-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Good to know they are working on it. Has anyone tried a Wired controller?

I remember Assassin's Creed having this problem.

UPDATE:

The Wired 360 Controller works fine.

ZenGamer0811
04-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Yup wired Xbox360 Controllers always works fine in PC for Ubisoft games. It's true for Rainbow Six Vegas 2, AC2 and now for Splinter Cell Conviction. Hopefully not every release is like this.

zurv
04-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by DarthAdrian:

UPDATE:

What OS are you running? XP?
other have posted the wired 360 controllers don't work for them in vista/win7

Fakeplastictoes
04-28-2010, 08:30 PM
This game looks great on max settings, except i have to bump AA down to 4x to get a solid frame rate.

Really hope you guys fix this soon so I can start playing. As far as I got is "LOOK UP, LOOKUP, LOOKUP FISHER!!".

I can't look up Grim. I can't....

betaleg
04-28-2010, 09:42 PM
According to Ubisoft customer service, if you download the Xinput driver it should fix the problem with wired controllers. I downloaded the driver, but my wired Xbox controller still didn't work. However, my wired Logitech controller now works,which didn't work before. You can get the driver here

http://www.microsoft.com/downl...5188B&displaylang=en (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0E989B12-576B-42F2-B7C1-2A17CE25188B&displaylang=en)

zurv
04-28-2010, 09:49 PM
This game looks great on max settings, except i have to bump AA down to 4x to get a solid frame rate.

Really hope you guys fix this soon so I can start playing. As far as I got is "LOOK UP, LOOKUP, LOOKUP FISHER!!".

I can't look up Grim. I can't....

we all know the feeling http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

M4GIKRU
04-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Funny how im getting more customer support on here than thru Ubisux them selves. Thanks FredEx919! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Zaph31
04-29-2010, 03:56 AM
I'm also having problems with my Xbox 360 wireless controller.

System
Windows 7 64bit
Core2Duo E6600
4GB RAM
Geforce 8800GTS (latests drivers from windows update)

Game
Conviction Retail disk
The game didn't update (but the launcher for the game did).

Problem
'A' is mapped to 'B'
'B' is mapped to 'X'
Right analogue stick doesn't work
(probably more but those are all I initially noticed)

MartyMcFly1988
04-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Kinda depressing on my week off waking up every morning hoping this will be fixed and it isn't. Sorry to be impatient but how did the game get released with this problem in the first place?!

Bought the controller specifically for this game because there were several interviews where it was assured contollers would work. I mean really, this was designed for the Xbox and then brought to PC. The settings even has a diagram of the Xbox 360 controller. What went wrong?

Furthermore, it would be nice if Ubisoft would address this issue rather than leaving us all to come here in desperation.

I really appreciate whoever is working on a fix. I also appreciate that one morning I will wake up and there will be a patch that sorts this.

But when you have waited 2 weeks longer than console players and then something so integral has been botched, you can't help but get a bad impression of both game and developer.

ZenGamer0811
04-29-2010, 06:20 AM
So......we are entering the weekend and there is still no fix, I hope they patch it at the end of the day before Friday night, I'm sure everybody is looking forward to a weekend of stealth butt-kicking. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

MartyMcFly1988
04-29-2010, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by maximuskain01:
So......we are entering the weekend and there is still no fix, I hope they patch it at the end of the day before Friday night, I'm sure everybody is looking forward to a weekend of stealth butt-kicking. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Yeah, especially as I work weekends!

TheTingler
04-29-2010, 07:27 AM
I don't know if this helps guys for the A=B, X=Y etc problem, but in the game's system folder:

default: Program Files/Ubisoft/Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction/src/system

There is a .ini file called ProfileDefaultsPC. If you open it there are all the 360 joypad settings under 'X360 reference mapping'. It lists what they SHOULD be like this:

; 204 = Joy5 = LBUTTON = HackingAction = HackingAction

The third is what they are on the 360, but the 'Joy5' I assume is what they are on the PC gamepad. For example with A and B:

; 200 = Joy1 = A = NormalAction = NormalActionPressed
; 201 = Joy2 = B = AggressiveAction = AggressiveAction

If pressing A on the 360 pad does the B function, maybe change the top one to:
; 200 = Joy2 = A = NormalAction = NormalActionPressed

And the go along like this, changing the ones that need changing. THIS IS A GUESS and may not work, so make sure you back up the file and everything you changed, but might be worth a try while you're waiting for a patch.

At least you guys can get into the damn game, I haven't even been able to get to the stage where I need to put in my serial key yet!

MartyMcFly1988
04-29-2010, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by TheTingler:
I don't know if this helps guys for the A=B, X=Y etc problem, but in the game's system folder:

default: Program Files/Ubisoft/Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction/src/system

There is a .ini file called ProfileDefaultsPC. If you open it there are all the 360 joypad settings under 'X360 reference mapping'. It lists what they SHOULD be like this:

; 204 = Joy5 = LBUTTON = HackingAction = HackingAction

The third is what they are on the 360, but the 'Joy5' I assume is what they are on the PC gamepad. For example with A and B:

; 200 = Joy1 = A = NormalAction = NormalActionPressed
; 201 = Joy2 = B = AggressiveAction = AggressiveAction

If pressing A on the 360 pad does the B function, maybe change the top one to:
; 200 = Joy2 = A = NormalAction = NormalActionPressed

And the go along like this, changing the ones that need changing. THIS IS A GUESS and may not work, so make sure you back up the file and everything you changed, but might be worth a try while you're waiting for a patch.

At least you guys can get into the damn game, I haven't even been able to get to the stage where I need to put in my serial key yet!

Thanks for trying to help! Unfortunately, even with A=B etc, not all buttons on the pad do anything at the moment. Therefore, it won't be as simple as just swapping buttons. The X and B buttons are reversed, and pressing the right stick in is as if pressing start. Nothing else responds at all. That's it!

Zaph31
04-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Can we can an update on this problem please?

I just can't play a game like Splinter Cell with a mouse and keyboard, it's designed for a controller.

Some people are reporting that a patch is already out, why can't the people who bought it at retail get the patch too?

MartyMcFly1988
04-29-2010, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Zaph31:

I just can't play a game like Splinter Cell with a mouse and keyboard, it's designed for a controller.

Some people are reporting that a patch is already out, why can't the people who bought it at retail get the patch too?

I bought the digital download and no patch for me atm either, I'm not even sure if it's true that there is one!

zurv
04-29-2010, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Zaph31:

we did get an update.. in this thread..

TLG1991
04-29-2010, 10:12 AM
i plugged my 360 controller in straight away turned it on in the setting and its worked fine.
i also have win7 64x. i have completed the game with it and played online no problems. although i do wish i had used the keyboard and got used to the buttons because the sticks are a bit slow for online compared the the mouse.

MartyMcFly1988
04-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by TLG1991:
i plugged my 360 controller in straight away turned it on in the setting and its worked fine.
i also have win7 64x. i have completed the game with it and played online no problems. although i do wish i had used the keyboard and got used to the buttons because the sticks are a bit slow for online compared the the mouse.

The majority of us with the problem have a wireless controller.

Itacua
04-29-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm not a big talker and read this thread and some on Steam forums for the same problem. My controllers don't work. I subcribe to the forum because I'm tired to wait for a fix.

I tried my wired MS X360 controller and the buttons are mixed, my Logitech Dual Action controller simply doesn't work.

That's funny because my Logitech Dual Action controller works perfectly with Assassin's Creed II (from Ubisoft Montreal).

So please (developpers) don't forget the problem happen too with wired MS X360 controller.

For my system specs : windows 7/64bits, Intel Core 2 Duo 3Ghz, ATI HD4670, 8GB RAM, with all updates available installed, the latest MS X360 drivers installed.

MartyMcFly1988
04-29-2010, 01:38 PM
I officially give up.

Fakeplastictoes
04-29-2010, 02:54 PM
This problem should be considered the same way as when the DRM blocks you from playing. I cannot play the game.

It has been days since i paid for this game in full and was supposed to be enjoying it. You guys should give out free games for this controller issue, just like the DRM with ACII.

Especially since in all the advertisements you clearly marketed it as working.

Rove75
04-29-2010, 03:01 PM
How in the world was this not caught by QA. Paying 60 bucks for a game thats not even QA'd properly is just wrong.

SilentAce07
04-29-2010, 03:22 PM
We are the QA/beta testers. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Buridoof
04-29-2010, 03:37 PM
It's funny how instead of fixing the actual problems most of their efforts are wasted on DRM related issues. Which is ironic because the pirates don't have to deal with DRM. I want to play the game I paid 60 bucks for.

DarthAdrian
04-29-2010, 03:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarthAdrian:

UPDATE:

What OS are you running? XP?
other have posted the wired 360 controllers don't work for them in vista/win7 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am using Windows 7 32-Bit.

Ubisoft seems to not like like the Wireless 360 receiver. I remember the Wired working for Splinter Cell DA, Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, and now for Splinter Cell Conviction. The Wireless was never supported. It's just really a simple matter of including a device driver in the code. Ironic, when you consider most PC games that come to market support the wireless 360 receiver.

darnokz
04-29-2010, 04:17 PM
lolz good for me I have saitek cyborg controller which looks and works like x360 controller xD

MartyMcFly1988
04-29-2010, 05:37 PM
You may as well all have a read of my review of the Xbox wireless controller for Windows while we wait for a fix: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller For Windows: Black Edition Review - Alternative Magazine Online (http://alternativemagazineonline.co.uk/2010/04/29/review-xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows-black-edition/)

I blame devs for lack of compatability, not the controller itself. However, here is my next question: should Splinter Cell: Conviction on PC be reviewed post or pre patch? And would you lower the score compared to the Xbox version due to all of the problems we have been reading here in the forums, especially to do with promised controller support which has evidently been botched? 3 days now without a fix! Not impressed for my first Ubisoft PC game I have to be honest...

Nomad0222
04-29-2010, 06:16 PM
The wired controllers don't work either, so it is not just isolated to wireless controllers

Xessive
04-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Assassin's Creed II has a problem with wireless X360 controllers for some reason. Although I believe there is a workaround.

I just tested the game with a wired X360 controller and it work perfectly fine. I just had to activate the controller from the game options since it didn't recognize the controller by default.

Once I checked "use controller" under "Control Options" it worked, and the button graphics display correctly too.

I don't know about the Wireless X360 controller, since I don't have one, but it seems that its driver is slightly different from the wired one, for no logical reason as of yet.

Good luck to all you trying to get it working.

RiNZL3R526
04-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Another day I turn on my computer and read this thread and still no answer?!?!...I guess im going to have to keep checking everyday and wait to see if someone comes thru for us http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif This is my first ubisoft game for PC too and its just not what I expected http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Itacua
04-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Xessive:
I just tested the game with a wired X360 controller and it work perfectly fine. I just had to activate the controller from the game options since it didn't recognize the controller by default.

Once I checked "use controller" under "Control Options" it worked, and the button graphics display correctly too.

That's exactly what I did with my wired MS X360 controller. The game recognize the controller but all the buttons/keys aren't correctly mapped.

Fakeplastictoes
04-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Who wants to make a bet that a user comes up with a solution before ubisoft.

DarthAdrian
04-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by N0m4D_808:
The wired controllers don't work either, so it is not just isolated to wireless controllers

I used my Wired 360 controller with no problem.

splinter_girl88
04-29-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm having pretty much the same issue as everyone else, except I have a wired 360 controller from Gamestop. Still waiting for the wireless receiver for my wireless 360 controller, but seeing as there's the problem with those too, what's the point?

Anyway, for me the button mapping is:
B=A
X=B
Start=RT
Back=LT
those are the only ones I remember atm.
The analog sticks work fine though.
If it was just the X, B and A buttons that were messed up, I could get used to it somehow and play it that way until it gets fixed, but who would ever be able to get used to shooting with the start button?

I really hope Ubisoft fixes this soon.

Itacua
04-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by splinter_girl88:
I'm having pretty much the same issue as everyone else, except I have a wired 360 controller from Gamestop. Still waiting for the wireless receiver for my wireless 360 controller, but seeing as there's the problem with those too, what's the point?

Anyway, for me the button mapping is:
B=A
X=B
Start=RT
Back=LT
those are the only ones I remember atm.
The analog sticks work fine though.
If it was just the X, B and A buttons that were messed up, I could get used to it somehow and play it that way until it gets fixed, but who would ever be able to get used to shooting with the start button?

I really hope Ubisoft fixes this soon.

Thanks for the exact description of the problem. I have EXACTLY the same problem.

SilentAce07
04-29-2010, 07:57 PM
People.
If you have a WIRED xbox controller, download xinput1_3.dll and put it in your splinter cell game folder. It WILL fix your game.

If you have a wireless controller, we are still waiting for a fix.

Xessive
04-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by ERICKIM973:

That's exactly what I did with my wired MS X360 controller. The game recognize the controller but all the buttons/keys aren't correctly mapped.

Have you tried hitting "Reset to Default" ? I had a similar problem with Tomb Raider Underworld, the X360 controller wasn't mapped correctly, I just reset all control settings to default and it worked. It might work for SC.

EDIT:
Oh, I had that problem with Batman Arkham Asyum as well, I just resolved it by updating my xinput and directx files. Try updating your X360 controller drivers (most likely through the Device Manager).

Itacua
04-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Thanks but everything is up to date. I'll try the xinput1_3.dll trick tomorrow.

Xessive
04-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by ERICKIM973:
Thanks but everything is up to date. I'll try the xinput1_3.dll trick tomorrow. Good luck! Let us know if it works.

Fakeplastictoes
04-30-2010, 02:16 AM
360 WIRELESS BUG FIXED
NO JOKE!!! I FIGURED IT OUT FOR WIRELESS!!

I started looking into the Assassin's Creed II Wireless controller fix, and finally found a rapidshare link with the 'Khemitude' fix from that forum post mentioned above.

Here is that link:
ACII_Wireless_360_Fix_by_Khemitude.rar (http://rs983.rapidshare.com/files/360926023/ACII_Wireless_360_Fix_by_Khemitude.rar)

I extracted the files to this folder: \src\system

I have steam so mine looks like this:
steamapps\common\tom clancy's splinter cell conviction\src\system

Do it now and start enjoying the game. I haven't even played it yet to test it. I got as far as turning the controller on in the options menu, only to hit A to confirm and it WORKED! Damn I let out a good chuckle when it happened. I had to tell you guys before getting to enjoy it myself, it wouldn't be fair.

So stop reading this dumb thread and enjoy your splinter cell weekend early!

Fakeplastictoes
04-30-2010, 03:02 AM
Who wants to make a bet that a user comes up with a solution before ubisoft.

lol

Just want to confirm that i beat the first level and the controls work great! Graphics look KICKASS (the entire reason i got the pc version).

valleam
04-30-2010, 03:19 AM
Hi Fakeplastictoes, thank you so much for helping us out!!

Controller works!

Don't want to nitpick but, can you shoot will in cover, because i can't...

If i press and hold the left trigger en then move the left stick up, left or right to aim and press the right trigger sam does not shoot..

Anyone has the same problem?

Fakeplastictoes
04-30-2010, 03:23 AM
I noticed the same thing.. Hm.

valleam
04-30-2010, 03:26 AM
No problem m8, you fixed 9 1/2 of the controls.

I can't say the same of Ubisoft, what a let down was that... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif
2 days later and no patch.. no nothing, same on you UBI!!!!

I have checked the x360ce.ini, i don't understand it lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

marvin036
04-30-2010, 03:48 AM
Confirmation.
It work! Enjoy....
Tip: If you have a racing wheel, you must turn it of otherwise SC won't recognize the Wireless controler. I saw it in the log files:

the racing wheel was connected:

11:28:54.2472725:: Device "F430 Force Feedback" with Index=0 initialized

The racing wheel was disconnected:

11:32:50.2708645:: Device "Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows)" with Index=0 initialized

keithleyson
04-30-2010, 04:00 AM
Hopefully UBIf-u-ck will release a patch soon that will fix all their $hit. We are customers who deserve to get the game that we paid for.

watagenius
04-30-2010, 04:32 AM
any update for it yet? and how can i tell if it auto patches or not?

Itacua
04-30-2010, 04:53 AM
My wired X360 controller still doesn't work even with the xinput1_3.dll trick in my game folder (Steam/SteamApps/common/tom clancy's splinter cell conviction/src/system)

SilentAce07, any other tips ?

Itacua
04-30-2010, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by SilentAce07:
People.
If you have a WIRED xbox controller, download xinput1_3.dll and put it in your splinter cell game folder. It WILL fix your game.

If you have a wireless controller, we are still waiting for a fix.

As I said the xinput1_3.dll trick doesn't work for my wired X360 controller, but there is a bunch of version of this file over the internet. Could you give us a link to the version you use ?

DarthAdrian
04-30-2010, 05:12 AM
Hopefully UBIf-u-ck will release a patch soon that will fix all their $hit. We are customers who deserve to get the game that we paid for.

Let's remain mature and civil. OK? I know many are frustrated, but getting nasty will not solve your problem any sooner.

MartyMcFly1988
04-30-2010, 05:35 AM
360 WIRELESS BUG FIXED

I started looking into the Assassin's Creed II Wireless controller fix, and finally found a rapidshare link with the 'Khemitude' fix from that forum post mentioned above.

Here is that link:
ACII_Wireless_360_Fix_by_Khemitude.rar (http://rs983.rapidshare.com/files/360926023/ACII_Wireless_360_Fix_by_Khemitude.rar)

Do it now and start enjoying the game. I haven't even played it yet to test it. I got as far as turning the controller on in the options menu, only to hit A to confirm and it WORKED! Damn I let out a good chuckle when it happened. I had to tell you guys before getting to enjoy it myself, it wouldn't be fair.

Amazing effort, thank you. I briefly felt overjoyed using the controller, but alas without it allowing you to shoot from cover it is still not worth playing in this state. So close to fixing it!

I am pretty disgusted that we have had no further update off Ubi, yet a regular player came so very close to fixing the issue. I won't get aggressive like some other members do but I have to admit this is an absolute joke. My opinion of Ubisoft has gone down the toilet, the DRM that punishes paying customers and doesn't affect pirates was bad enough.

DarthAdrian
04-30-2010, 05:58 AM
So close. . .

As others have noted, the RT(Right Trigger) function does not work in cover. Oh well, it was a great effort.

Good to know this works completely for AC 2, though. I was going to pick this up for PC, today.

triggerhappy686
04-30-2010, 08:51 AM
Hey guys, i found a PROPER fix...

uninstall your x64 360 wireless drivers

install the x32 360 wireless drivers

all buttons are now mapped correctly

my OS is x64 win 7 btw

So the problem was obviously the x32 drivers, hmmmm very strange

Could someone please tell the guys over at steam forums, thanks

edit- change drivers from device manager, i had to mess around a little

DarthAdrian
04-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by triggerhappy686:

my OS is x64 win 7 btw

I'm going to try this. Thanks. I really have no problem using the wired gamepad, but if the wireless works, why not?

Rove75
04-30-2010, 09:13 AM
hmm, its not allowing me to run the 32 bit version on win 7 64 bit. It's saying somes files are missing or damaged.

apoc.reg
04-30-2010, 09:14 AM
AGAIN!!!

You have got to be kidding me.

How lazy/ignorant/down right insulting can you be!

FIX YOUR GAMES!!

triggerhappy686
04-30-2010, 09:16 AM
extract drivers from the installer with winrar, set extracted folder for manual driver search through device manager, thats what i had to end up doing

deAerni
04-30-2010, 09:17 AM

my OS is x64 win 7 btw

edit- change drivers from device manager, i had to mess around a little

doesn't work for me. i have win7 x64 too but can't install the x32 driver.

triggerhappy686
04-30-2010, 09:19 AM
1. Right click on the x32 installer (Xbox360_32Eng) and extract here with winrar

2. Place extracted files in a folder

3. Go to device manager and update driver, select manual search and select the folder you put the files in

Hope this helps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Rove75
04-30-2010, 09:33 AM
triggerhappy, It keeps saying that the drivers I have installed are the latest

deAerni
04-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Rove75:
triggerhappy, It keeps saying that the drivers I have installed are the latest

me too!

triggerhappy686
04-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Remember you have to uninstall the original driver from device manager AND Programs and Features too, sorry i should have made that clearer

Instructions Final

1. Right click on the x32 installer (Xbox360_32Eng) and extract here with winrar

3. Uninstall original 360 wireless driver from device manager AND Programs and Features

4. Go to device manager again and update driver, select manual search and select the folder you put the files in

this is how my instructions should have read the first time lol, im trying to do this and get ready for work at the same time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

malibu-killer
04-30-2010, 09:50 AM
And what about the Xbox Accessories ?

Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories 1.2 x64

still installed ? or deinstalled or another version ?

splinter_girl88
04-30-2010, 09:50 AM
360 WIRELESS BUG FIXED

Here is that link:

Thanks a lot, man! It worked! Finally I can play Conviction with my controller http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif PS: This also works for wired 360 controller, at least it did for me.

triggerhappy686
04-30-2010, 09:51 AM
yes. thats the programs and features entry i was talking about (Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories 1.2 x64). remove it. also if you use the method in the above post (ACII_Wireless_360_Fix_by_Khemitude.rar) you cannot shoot from cover

3. Uninstall original 360 wireless driver from device manager AND Programs and Features(Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories 1.2 x64)

4. Go to device manager again and update driver, select manual search and select the folder you put the files in

MartyMcFly1988
04-30-2010, 09:58 AM
yes. thats the programs and features entry i was talking about (Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories 1.2 x64). remove it. also if you use the method in the above post (ACII_Wireless_360_Fix_by_Khemitude.rar) you cannot shoot from cover

What about people with the problem who are running Windows 7 32-Bit in the first place?

splinter_girl88
04-30-2010, 10:01 AM

3. Uninstall original 360 wireless driver from device manager AND Programs and Features(Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories 1.2 x64)

Would this help for the wired 360 controllers too? I'd love to be able to shoot from cover :P

triggerhappy686
04-30-2010, 10:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triggerhappy686:

What about people with the problem who are running Windows 7 32-Bit in the first place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmmm, good question. The only thing i can suggest is that you download the 360 wireless driver with the exact file name in my instructions (Xbox360_32Eng) and then follow the instructions again

malibu-killer
04-30-2010, 10:02 AM

The mapping is still wrong I don't know what you did but i don't think it's working

triggerhappy686
04-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Sorry guys im out of time and need to go to work http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. I will check this forum as soon as i get back tonight

MartyMcFly1988
04-30-2010, 10:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MartyMcFly1988:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triggerhappy686:

What about people with the problem who are running Windows 7 32-Bit in the first place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmmm, good question the only thing i can suggest is that you download the 360 wireless driver with the exact file name in my instructions and then follow the instructions again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done this several times over the last few days. In fact, this is the driver I have always used! Strange it doesn't work on the 32-Bit version of Windows it was designed for, but does work on the 64-Bit one. Amazing work though mate for those users who this solution has helped!

I am still pretty annoyed at Ubisoft tbh. We shouldn't be messing with our up to date drivers. The game should just bloody work!

triggerhappy686
04-30-2010, 10:10 AM
@ MartyMcFly1988... Your bang on the money there lol, it is weird that i have to use a driver i downoladed a year and a half ago, i might upload it to somewhere for everyone when i get back in tonight. Good hunting...

MartyMcFly1988
04-30-2010, 10:19 AM
@ MartyMcFly1988... Your bang on the money there lol, it is weird that i have to use a driver i downoladed a year and a half ago, i might upload it to somewhere for everyone when i get back in tonight. Good hunting...

Haha thanks. Yeah, maybe your old driver will work for 32 bit users too? I have the same filename but might not be the exact same build...

malibu-killer
04-30-2010, 10:33 AM
This seems to be the real deal:

http://www.techspot.com/driver...file/download/11299/ (http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/download/11299/)

It's the Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller Driver v 1.0 Beta for Windows 7 32-bit and it's working like a charm.

http://www.techspot.com/driver...file/download/11299/

Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller Driver v 1.0 Beta for Windows 7 64-bit

If anyone wants to try it.

MartyMcFly1988
04-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by malibu-killer:

http://www.techspot.com/driver...e/information/11300/ (http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/11300/)

It's the Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller Driver v 1.0 Beta for Windows 7 64-bit and it's working like a charm.

Any equivalent solution for us 32-Bit Windows 7 users?

DarthAdrian
04-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Tried it, but buttons still do not read correctly.

malibu-killer
04-30-2010, 10:48 AM
I POSTED A WRONG LINK MY BAD !

Please use the 32-bit driver:

http://www.techspot.com/driver...file/download/11299/ (http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/download/11299/)

And then it should work the way triggerhappy686 mentioned it before:

ryryryan1
04-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Controller not working for me properly either :/ Win7 64bit. I shall play with keyboard/mouse for now... but i expect a patch from ubi ASAP, otherwise they lose a customer for life (already not a fan of DRM etc) :/

malibu-killer
04-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by ryryryan1:
Controller not working for me properly either :/ Win7 64bit. I shall play with keyboard/mouse for now... but i expect a patch from ubi ASAP, otherwise they lose a customer for life (already not a fan of DRM etc) :/

Try the manual 32 bit beta driver install it is working.

Itacua
04-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Mine (wired X360) works now. I just uninstall everything related to the controller, unplug it, reboot. Then plug it again, Win 7 (64) install generic drivers and now it's ok.

Now, I have to find a way to fix that annoying nag screen (lost connection) each 5-10 sec.

Ubisoft: A wonderful experience http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

valleam
04-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Guys the problem, not shooting while covering is solved.

If you are running x64 bit.

1) un-install the Microsoft controller program
2) un-install driver from device manager.
3) Reboot and install http://www.techspot.com/driver...e/information/11300/ (http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/11300/)
4) delete the AC II x360ce.ini and xinput1_3.dll.

This helped for me, just wanted to let you guys know, hoping for you to http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RonBurgundy_929
04-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Win-7 64 bit.....360 wireless controller not working. so I haven't touched this game since tuesday.

so I woke up today and said "hmm, maybe I should try my wired controller? oh what da heck..." and I plugged in my old wired 360 controller, and WTF it works perfectly.

boy do I feel stupid. I should have done this days ago http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

SilentAce07
04-30-2010, 12:22 PM
By the way, this driver download works. 64bit Win7 here. Uninstall drivers and software, MAKE SURE YOU REBOOT, then install the drivers from the link above. Success.

+rep for triggerhappy. Thank you so much.

malibu-killer
04-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Had no success with the 64 bit BETA driver, thats why i relinked it to 32 bit.

I have posted both (32-bit/64-bit) links in my post now.

The 32 bit BETA manual install worked for me.

Don't know why but at least one of the versions should work for everyone here until ubisoft brings out a fix for it.

Foxwyvern
04-30-2010, 01:48 PM
I haven't read through this entire thread, but I figure I'd share my two cents.

With other similar games that support the 360 controller, it is impossible without additional equipment to use the Wireless 360 controller. Support for the 360 Controller is only for the Wired 360 controller.

DrunkenMasta420
04-30-2010, 02:06 PM
what about a fix for xp users? will this work for xp?

sgt.Smak
04-30-2010, 02:10 PM
I've tried both 32 and 64 drivers but still can't shoot from cover using wireless 360 controller under Win7 x64.

I un-installed Xbox 360 accesories through control panel, then drivers through device manager, restarted PC, installed either 32 or 64 drivers from links in this thread as advised. Now when I connect the usb wireless reciever Windows auto installs required driver and when I turn on the controller again Windows instals required driver - is this correct or am I being a n00b?

Leigh

valleam
04-30-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by sgt.Smak:
I've tried both 32 and 64 drivers but still can't shoot from cover using wireless 360 controller under Win7 x64.

I un-installed Xbox 360 accesories through control panel, then drivers through device manager, restarted PC, installed either 32 or 64 drivers from links in this thread as advised. Now when I connect the usb wireless reciever Windows auto installs required driver and when I turn on the controller again Windows instals required driver - is this correct or am I being a n00b?

Leigh

After the auto-detect(windows installing the device for you) install the Beta driver, that helped for me...

http://www.techspot.com/driver...e/information/11300/

So first un-install all the software of the Microsoft wireless controller.
Then restart, let windows auto-detect, then installer the one in the link.

luckybill13
04-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Does anybody have a fix for the wired one yet? I know a lot of you aren't having trouble with yours, but mine still does not work. I'm still getting the A for B button problem.

SilentAce07
04-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Yes there is. For the wired controller, download xinput1_3.dll

For wireless, the driver fix works.

As for xp users, this works too if you find the xp 32/64 bit beta drivers released at the same time as the ones suggested earlier.

Zaph31
04-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Can someone help me figure out how to fully uninstall the Xbox Wireless drivers?

I removed the device from device manager and uninstalled the software but when I try to reinstall the old drivers, the new ones get installed instead.

Is there anyway of completely removing the old driver files from Windows7 so they can't be installed?

marvin036
04-30-2010, 03:24 PM
I used the solution to copy the AC II x360ce.ini and xinput1_3.dll into the src\system directory. Then i noticed that i cannot shoot from cover. Then i used the Xbox 1.0 beta driver and it works. I can shoot from cover..
Iam glad i can play the game.

jcoreydavis
04-30-2010, 04:07 PM
All, this is what I got from Ubisoft support when submitting a ticket.

My original submission:
I purchased Splinter Cell Conviction through Steam, and I am unable to get my wireless Xbox 360 controller (First Party) to properly work with the game. The left thumbstick moves up and down. The B button functions as an A button. The Right Thumbstick button acts as the start button, and the y button functions as the X Button. No other buttons function.

I tested with my other games with enabled controller and the controller functions properly. (Left 4 Dead 2, Left 4 Dead, Bioshock, and Oblivion)

System:
Window 7 64-Bit
8 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5850
Xbox 360 Accessories Software 1.2 64-bit for Windows 7 (For wireless Xbox360 controller)
AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Quad-Core CPU 3.2 GHz

I can provide any other needed details upon request.

Response from their technician Jason:
Unfortunately, we cannot provide assistance with configuring controllers to work with the game, since there are hundreds of models available. I would suggest that you try the forums for the game at http://forums.ubi.com for additional information about this issue.

My reply:
Unfortunately, I have not asked for assistance in the configuration of a controller. I am asking for help to get a specific peripheral that the game, and game packaging clearly states is supported to function properly.

In regards to the forums I have been at the forums since 4/27/2010 when the game was released seeking assistance on this issue. Currently, there are 10 pages worth of individuals seeking resolution on this issue, and your forum administrator has clearly asked the people submit support tickets, as I have. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7211014258/m/3371051758/p/10)

I do not appreciate getting the run around from forum administrators, and people that do not investigate a problem prior to blowing a customer off. A customer that has paid in full for a product, that does not function correctly.

Please respond with suggestions that help resolve the problem, or possible request for further information so the issues can be resolved, not blowing me and the other people off that have paid for the product, and are attempting to go through the proper channels to seek resolution

apoc.reg
04-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by malibu-killer:

It's the Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller Driver v 1.0 Beta for Windows 7 32-bit and it's working like a charm.

If annyone wants to try it.

This file (32bit beta) plus trigger happys guide = Perfect.

Thanks you two (win 7 x64 here)

Edit: How? I followed trigger instructions

- uninstall receiver in device manager, uninstalled xbox accessories entry in programs

- downloaded the 32bit beta driver linked. use winrar to extract the content

- back to hardware manager, scan for new devices

- select the receiver when it pops up and update driver

- select the second option and to locate the file yourself

- navigate to the folder you extracted then */xbox360/setup/files/xusb21.inf

Note this works perfectly with COnviction but AC2 still requires the community fix

Zaph31
04-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by apoc.reg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by malibu-killer:

Thanks you two (win 7 x64 here) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How did you install it? When I try running the 32bit drivers in Windows 7 64bit, I get a warning saying the driver is incompatible with this version of windows.

yokii
04-30-2010, 05:41 PM
I try all, but it dose't work. i have unoriginal receiver and use this http://www.sevenforums.com/dri...gaming-receiver.html (http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/64905-xbox-360-pc-wireless-gaming-receiver.html) to install driver

plgod
04-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by apoc.reg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by malibu-killer:

Thanks you two (win 7 x64 here)

Edit: How? I followed trigger instructions

- uninstall receiver in device manager, uninstalled xbox accessories entry in programs

- downloaded the 32bit beta driver linked. use winrar to extract the content

- back to hardware manager, scan for new devices

- select the receiver when it pops up and update driver

- select the second option and to locate the file yourself

- navigate to the folder you extracted then */xbox360/setup/files/xusb21.inf

Note this works perfectly with COnviction but AC2 still requires the community fix </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Read though this entire post. Using Win 7 x64 with wireless controller. Above worked perfectly. If it seems unclear, go to device manager, select wireless receiver, I don't think you have to uninstall it, but select Update Driver, then Browse My Computer, then LET ME PICK FROM A LIST OF DRIVER (this wasn't clear), click "Have Disk" and select the .inf file in the driver installer you extracted. Hope this helps!

luckybill13
04-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Can someone please give me a step by step guide to fixing the wired controller. The game detects it but the buttons are all mapped wrong. It would be awesome!

kynexx
04-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to triggerhappy for working this out. Worked perfectly! Thanks dude!

Rove75
04-30-2010, 07:34 PM
have to say thanks to triggerhappy as well.

M4GIKRU
04-30-2010, 07:39 PM
All praise triggerhappy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif
Thansx bro, your that dude!

triggerhappy686
04-30-2010, 07:43 PM
Hey people, glad to see nearly everyone is getting this to work.

Thank you to all who were kind enough to say thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

For everyone still having problems remember to REBOOT your system after uninstalling the original driver

luckybill13
04-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Do you know hoe to fix the wired controller?

Velvetspacetime
04-30-2010, 10:08 PM
I am getting SO frustrated. I have the BETA driver, and windows has been told NOT to automatically update new devices or drivers. So what does Windows do? Everytime I restart after the uninstall, it automatically installs the newest driver. So, I try and update with the BETA, what does it say? Got the newest driver. What do I do? Uninstall, restart, what does it it? Reinstall with the newest driver.

This is what I like to call a vicious cycle of fail - and if Ubisoft would pull their thumbs out of their asses so I can actually play this game I've paid good money for with a device I've also paid good money for I'd be much obliged.

I swear to god, video games are multimillion pound investments - and they can't even get a chuffing input device to work. Ubi are relying on the kindness of people like Triggerhappy to work-around THEIR OWN GAME in order to keep the peace.

You wonder why people are resistant to buying games? Well, aside from them often being watered down, repackaged clap-trap - they've got more bugs than a 90 year old veteran ****** in the zoological society of Tring.

Rove75
04-30-2010, 10:29 PM
velvetspacetime, I had the same problem. When you select to update the driver, click on "browser my computer for driver software". In that screen there will be an option at the bottom to "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer". Assuming you tried to install the beta one, it should show up on the list.

Nomad0222
04-30-2010, 10:34 PM
I have a wired madcatz, it works well in Assassins creed 2. How do I get a wired one to work?

Icefallx
04-30-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm having the same mis-mapped button problem as many other people, don't feel like reading through 11 pages so I'll just give you my specs:

Wireless xbox 360 controller (Newest drivers installed)
Vista 64

Seriously guys get your stuff together, I paid $65 for a beta apparently. Some of us actually use controllers.

Icefallx
04-30-2010, 11:27 PM
And for the record I'm not hacking apart config files or installing beta drivers. Get it to work correctly - the right way.

Nomad0222
04-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Yea here are my specs. I have a madcatz 360 controller, I have Windows 7 x64 I did the same process as for Assassins Creed 2 to make it work.

I don't know what to do for conviction, is there an easier way to do it? Like replace the config file?

sgt.Smak
05-01-2010, 02:06 AM
Got this working now! Forgot to delete the x360ce.ini and xinput1_3.dll files, n00b!

big_long
05-01-2010, 03:56 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...481052858#1481052858 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=7211014258&m=1481052858&r=1481052858#1481052858)

DarthAdrian
05-01-2010, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by big_long:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...481052858#1481052858 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=7211014258&m=1481052858&r=1481052858#1481052858)

Actually that has been suggested already, but it leaves you unable to fire from cover.

HaxterWolf
05-01-2010, 04:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by big_long:

Actually that has been suggested already, but it leaves you unable to fire from cover. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used this method, and for me, it works like a charm! I can shoot from cover! I use xbox 360 accessories 1.2 My operating system is windows 7 home premium 64 bits.

Sorry for my bad english. I´m portuguese http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Itacua
05-01-2010, 06:27 AM
For everyone with a wired X360 controller I fixed mine (right buttons mapping) by uninstalling everything, unplug the controller. After, reboot, plug the controller, let win 7 (64) install generic drivers (like a common game pad).

Normally in the control panel you'll see a generic gamepad icon, then after a moment the icon will change for a X360 controller.

Hope it'll help.

Neos7
05-01-2010, 01:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by big_long:

Actually that has been suggested already, but it leaves you unable to fire from cover. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
u can't press the two trigger at the same time :/

raider89
05-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Just wait for the patch to come out, if you wanna use the 360 controller get the game for xbox.

Janno.BuzzBazz
05-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Hey guys!
I must first thank you all for fixing this problem, and for those who still are having problems, I made you somethinghttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H2HO1UIE

This file has a awesome Guide that will help you all with everything for the wireless problem...

And if you are still in doubt, I'll post the Read Me here. It should make things work for all of youhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

This is how you fix the Problems with the Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows 7 64-bit
and the **** it messes with Splinter Cell Convictions.

After some back and forth on the ubisoft forum for SCC I got the damn thing working, just follow the
instructions to the dot and you should have it working asap to, no more B is A and X is B stuff.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...58/m/3371051758/p/11 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7211014258/m/3371051758/p/11)

(all the files you need should be in the folder with this read me)

10 Step GUIDE:

1: Just plug in the wireless ****le and let Win7 update.

2: Install the latest Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller Driver (currently v1.2)

3: Open Device Manager and find the "Microsoft Common Controller For Class", there you should see
"Xbox 360 Wireless Reciever for Windows", Right click and press "Properties".

4: New windows says *Hey, no problems herehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif*, but you know it's bullhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Press the tab called "Driver" and you should get several buttons showing up.
Click "Update Driver"

5: Click on the "Browse my computer for driver software" to start being awesome.

6: Now click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" because you want to be awesome.

7: And because you are such a cool guy(or hot gamer chick), you press the "Have Disk" button.

8: Browse and find the epic folder you extracted to find this kick *** guide and a little file called
"xusb21.inf". Click that and click "OK".

9: Press the "Next" and let the driver install itself so your computer can become as awesome as you
just became and it should ask you to restart, because you know,
being awesome is tiresome in the long run.

10: When your computer starts again it should look the same as before, but you have a little secret,
it's got the Power Of Awesome in ithttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Strart the game and enjoyhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by apoc.reg, edited a bit by plgod, and made awesome by Janno BuzzBazz.
Hope you enjoy this game as much as the community has done helping you guyshttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Wanted_David
05-03-2010, 08:58 PM
can't really say if the above stuff works cuz my controller is wired, but i'm sure a lot of people will be glad for your post, Janno.BuzzBazz.

keithleyson
05-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Janno.BuzzBazz:
Hey guys!
I must first thank you all for fixing this problem, and for those who still are having problems, I made you somethinghttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Awesome dudes use megaupload and clearly you're an awesome dude.

Thanks dude, you're awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Janno.BuzzBazz
05-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Wanted_David:
can't really say if the above stuff works cuz my controller is wired, but i'm sure a lot of people will be glad for your post, Janno.BuzzBazz.

Sorry to hear about your controller, hope it get's back on track. Thanks man, I really hope people will be glad too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Janno.BuzzBazz:
Hey guys!

Awesome dudes use megaupload and clearly you're an awesome dude.

Thanks dude, you're awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, right?! You're clearly an awesome person since you made it work.
Together: *POWER OF AWESOME MEN!*http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But I kinda need feed back fo see if anyone has problems with the Read Me, the files, the game it just isn't working for you. Positive feedback is also much wantedhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Awesome AWAY!

Wanted_David
05-04-2010, 12:51 PM
i know it's already been posted here a tip on how to play with wired controllers, but just for the sake of it i'm gonna post it one more time. the reason i'm posting this is because i think the other posts don't explain some things they should.

keep in mind that (sadly) if you're using a controller (not to say an xbox360 controller, but also similar ones like madcatz) you won't be able to shoot from cover. this is because the trigger system uses an axis (Z axis), which value changes according to the trigger you're pressing. if you're not pressing any trigger, the value will be right in the middle of the axis' range of value (50%); if you press only the left trigger the value will be zero (%), and if you press only the right trigger the value will 100%. note that if you press both triggers at the same time, the value will also be 50% ((0 + 100) / 2 = 50), so it's pretty much like you weren't pressing any trigger at all.
now enough with the fancy explanations. that was just so you could understand why did method doesn't work with these type of controllers.

so finally, step 1:
- go to http://virusdev.ovh.org/files/ , open up the xinputemu sectio and download the lastest version of x360ce vibmod (currently 3.1.4.1). the package contains some files (including source code for ye geeks xD), but the most important are x360ce.ini and xinput1_3.dll. it also has a nifty XInputTest.exe to test out if your configuration is working properly.

step 2:
- if you haven't plugged in your controller, now would be the right moment to jam it in (but don't break it!), and start XInputTest.exe.
start pushing buttons just to see how we're doing with the mapping.
you should also open up the controller's settings (from the control panel), and bring up that window where you can see the numbers of the buttons you're pressing and the axis, etc.

step 3:
- open up x360ce.ini with a text editor (btw notepad++ ownz them all).
if you read thru the file, you'll see that there are 4 controller button mapps. this is useful if you're ever gonna use 4 controllers at the same time.
for now let's focus on the [PAD1] segment.

step 4: mapping the analogs
- now this is where it gets fun.
you should be familiar with the xbox360 controller button layout, so let's start with the mapping.
first let's map the axis (left and right analogs). open up that window from the control panel i mentioned before and move the left analog and see which axis change.
let's get back to the .ini file. find the line that reads "Left Analog X=" and "Left Analog Y=". these would take the value 1 and -2 respectively. if not, try values from 1 to 6 (7 disables it). also if the axis is right but the direction is wrong (ie: if you move up and it goes down), put a minus sign behind the number and it will be fixed.

do the same thing for the right analog.

step 5: mapping the buttons
- with the analogs already mapped, time to map the buttons (A,B,X,Y,Left/Right Shoulder, Left/Right Thumb,Back and Start).
bring up that control panel window and press the button you want to correspond to the A button and note the number that pops up. write this number right after "A=" on the .ini file. keep mapping the buttons* and save the .ini file.

*if you have an xbox360 controller or similar, the triggers use an axis. in this case, you must right not only the index of the axis, but also add an 'x' to map it as an half-range axis. like this:
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Left Trigger=x4
Right Trigger=x-4</pre>
also you can see that i put an '-' behind the axis index. that's because the triggers use the same axis, so the left and right trigger move in opposite directions of the same axis.

step 6: testing the configuration
- ok after you save the .ini file, open up the XInputTest.exe and test out the buttons. if something's wrong, close it and edit the x360ce.ini file again.

step 7: final step
- assuming you have the mapping done right, it's time to put it to use. copy the xinput1_3.dll and x360ce.ini files to the game folder (in this case "Ubisoft\Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction\src\system" and start the game. go to the control settings, enable the controller and play the game with a happy faic http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

SilentAce07
05-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Guys. Check the sticky at the top of the forums. There is a way to make wired AND wireless work. Even shooting from cover. You just need the older drivers for the controller.

eightball024
05-05-2010, 12:50 AM
100% Working Wired 360 Controller Fix Below
------------------------------------------------
Hey guys I found a fix for wired 360 controllers that allows both triggers to be used at the same time.
1: Download the ACII_Wireless_360_Fix_by_Khemitude.rar (http://rs983.rapidshare.com/files/360926023/ACII_Wireless_360_Fix_by_Khemitude.rar)
2: Copy the files inside it (dll and ini files) to the splinter cell\src\system folder
3: Open the x360ce.ini file in notepad and change the 8th line from:
Native=0
to
Native=1
4: Save the file and start the game. Buttons should be mapped properly and the controller should allow you to fire while in cover.

For reference, I'm using windows7 64bit and the driver versions for the xbox360 controller are:
xusb21.sys 9.17.897.0000
WdfCoInstaller01001.dll 1.1.0.0

sbrattox2008
05-05-2010, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by eightball024:
Hey guys I found a fix for wired 360 controllers that allows both triggers to be used at the same time.
1: Download the ACII_Wireless_360_Fix_by_Khemitude.rar found earlier in this thread.
2: Copy the files inside it (dll and ini files) to the splinter cell\src\system folder
Native=0
to
Native=1
4: Save the file and start the game. Buttons should be mapped properly and the controller should allow you to fire while in cover.

For reference, I'm using windows7 64bit and the driver versions for the xbox360 controller are:
xusb21.sys 9.17.897.0000

thanks thanks thanks!!!

HaxterWolf
05-05-2010, 04:40 AM
1: Download the ACII_Wireless_360_Fix_by_Khemitude.rar found earlier in this thread.
Native=0
to
Native=1

xusb21.sys 9.17.897.0000

Now I understand why only in my case this patch worked well. I copied this from my game Assassins Creed II, which in turn I had already modified the Native = Native = 0 to 1 to support rumble.

Sorry for my bad english, I´m portuguese http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Wanted_David
05-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Native=0
to
Native=1

xusb21.sys 9.17.897.0000

zOMG thank you! that works http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
there's just a small thing but it's not really a problem. i don't really like the mapping ubi put up (i like to reload with the X and stand/duck with the left thumb) but i can live with it
i can't believe that single value would be so live changing lol

Janno.BuzzBazz
05-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Now it looks like this thread has all the controller fixes for all the controls. That's good. Should maybe update the first post and get this stickied:P

HaxterWolf
05-06-2010, 04:52 PM
================================================== ============================

Splinter Cell Conviction v1.02 Update

================================================== ============================
* Added DLC support
* Added multi-GPU support (Crossfire/SLI)
* Added ATI Eyefinity support
* Fixed graphic glitches when running in low visual quality
* Fixed Microsoft Wireless X360 controller not being detected properly with some drivers
* Fixed many disconnection problems in coop modes
* Fixed interaction buttons overlapping in certain resolutions/aspect ratios
* Low-end video card optimizations
* Various minor fixes