PDA

View Full Version : AIR COMBAR MANOUVRES: WE WANT YOUR PIT!

Trinity_Jay
07-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Hola all,

Here's a little something for Friday afternoon. With regards to the spreads on what technical equipment is necessary for flight sims, we would like to reproduce a few pictures from the simmers on the following:

The basic setup: joystick, monitor, for example.
The medium setup: joystick, throttle, pedals, Track IR, widescreen monitor.
The ludicrously Full Monty setup: joystick, throttle, pedals, Track IR, Buttkicker, widescreen monitor, etc.

I am also looking for the latter, but those moulded into cockpits that take simming to the extreme but showing extreme attention to details and immersion.

From those selected, we'd like to print them within the book. And we'll throw a free book as a way of thanks!

S!

CPS_Bulldog

Tully__
07-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Google Images is a good source of "ludicrously full monty" cockpits, have a look at these:

http://images.google.com.au/images?um=1&hl=en&q=flight+...s&btnG=Search+Images (http://images.google.com.au/images?um=1&hl=en&q=flight+sim+home+cockpits&btnG=Search+Images)

Trinity_Jay
07-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Thank you, kind sir.

The thing is, I need high-res images that can be sent to me: 300dpi Jpeg/TIFF. And I also need permission from the author/photographer, hence my post here. Besides, it'll be fun. I'll post my little setup over the weekend. The beer can is essential part of flying...

CPS_Bulldog

TinyTim
07-18-2008, 09:01 AM
I think I only barely make it to basic setup for IL2 1946.

19" 1280x1024 monitor (minimum for simming IMO)
MS Sidewinder2 pro joystick (twisty stick, also minimum what a simmer needs)

1 GB ram (absolute minimum)
AMD Athlon 2800
ATI Radeon 9250 (below absolute minimum, runs good fps in good wheater, but whenever there are clouds around, I'm looking at slideshow - good thing is that it appears to be dieing last days so I'll be forced to buy a new one lol)

That sums it up I guess...

Trinity_Jay
07-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Please put up your photos whatever your pit as they will all be considered. Mine is humble, too: 22" monitor, CH pedals, Saitek X45 throttle, MS2 force-feedback joystick, Track IR Pro, Razer headphones and the Buttkicker.

I did use the X45 joystick but like the MS2 so much.

CPS_Bulldog

TinyTim
07-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Ah ok, hasty reading, I appologise. Will post as soon as I get the camera back.

Bearcat99
07-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Trinity_Jay:
Please put up your photos whatever your pit as they will all be considered. Mine is humble, too: 22" monitor, CH pedals, Saitek X45 throttle, MS2 force-feedback joystick, Track IR Pro, Razer headphones and the Buttkicker.

I did use the X45 joystick but like the MS2 so much.

CPS_Bulldog

You can still use the X-45... I use mine as a throttle and a button bay...

http://star.walagata.com/w/bearcat/100_2686_0.JPG

The setup in the picture is no longer wehat I use because that stick died and I have not modded the one I have now yet that I got from a squad mate.. I just keep the stick off to the left & in front of the throttle.. but I stil use it as a button bay..