PDA

View Full Version : AI able to handle the new FM?

NerdConnected
05-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Well, title says it all...

Anyway, more craches? Strange manouvers? Longer runways needed? Some info would be nice ;-)

Mark

NerdConnected
05-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Well, title says it all...

Anyway, more craches? Strange manouvers? Longer runways needed? Some info would be nice ;-)

Mark

SeaFireLIV
05-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Well, we have a week or so to find out. I`m pretty sure Oleg would have taken the AI into account when he made the new FMs. He`s always maintained in the past that the AI uses the same FMs (they won`t do anything you can`t do)...

3.JG51_BigBear
05-20-2005, 06:43 PM
I'm sure they took the AI into account when they made the switch but I see the AI becoming even more ineffective than they were before. Sticking to constant sissoring with the complicated torque and stall modeling could make them that much easier to kill.

NerdConnected
05-21-2005, 12:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Well, we have a week or so to find out. I`m pretty sure Oleg would have taken the AI into account when he made the new FMs. He`s always maintained in the past that the AI uses the same FMs (they won`t do anything you can`t do)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SeaFire,

They share the same FM after the patch, but what I meant was if they can they handle it? E.g. if they try to use the same ACM tactics like they do in 3.04, I'm a bit curious if they can correct their mistakes. E.g in 304 they make a lot of inverted loops at low level and are able to correct this. They problably can because they do not share the same FM.

Mark

NerdConnected
05-21-2005, 01:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
I'm sure they took the AI into account when they made the switch but I see the AI becoming even more ineffective than they were before. Sticking to constant sissoring with the complicated torque and stall modeling could make them that much easier to kill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BigBear,

I'm afraid I share you're concern. The new FM is problably great for people who usally play online, but I'm not so sure about the AI/FM offline-experience. Maybe we'll need a lot faster cpu to have them 'behave' the way they did in 304.

Mark

Brain32
05-21-2005, 03:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> quote:
Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
I'm sure they took the AI into account when they made the switch but I see the AI becoming even more ineffective than they were before. Sticking to constant sissoring with the complicated torque and stall modeling could make them that much easier to kill.

BigBear,

I'm afraid I share you're concern. The new FM is problably great for people who usally play online, but I'm not so sure about the AI/FM offline-experience. Maybe we'll need a lot faster cpu to have them 'behave' the way they did in 304. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you guys must be awsome pilots(I'm not ironic) because I find AI to be quite uber.
For example I simply can not survive vs 4 ace AI if I am not playing dead serious and make a mission where I can take the advantages of my plane. For example if I try with fw190a4 vs 4 la-5 aces on low altitude dogfight I don't stand a chance if I don't run away climb to at least 3km and even then it's tricky...
Why? It seems quite simple to me they are cheating(they:stop in air, climb at 90km/h, shoot & hit from angles they can't see you, turn even better than they should, not expiriencing blackout's, do not suffer from high speed dive or stall, are faster than they should be...)
Essentially the news that AI will use the same FM as we do is the best news ever for me.
Please note that I play vs AI since orig IL2 and that now & then I do fly online and I do get kills even though it's often stated that one is ready to go online when he/she can kill 4ace AI

SeaFireLIV
05-21-2005, 03:40 AM
Well I would be gutted if we got new clouds, new surprises and new FMS that sent the AI crashing into the ground at every opportunity or doing outlandish manouevers.

I`m pretty happy with the AI as it is at the moment(I know it`s not perfect, but it`s certainly very good). If Oleg can at least keep the abilities the same as the old Patch with new FMs I won`t be unhappy.

I wait in anticipation.