PDA

View Full Version : Saving screenshots

Trailryder
02-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Where does the game save the screenshots you take. It's been awhile since I played this game. I hit print sceen key and go to look at them later and I can't find them. Will they be called "grab"?

Trailryder
02-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Where does the game save the screenshots you take. It's been awhile since I played this game. I hit print sceen key and go to look at them later and I can't find them. Will they be called "grab"?

La7_Baalberith
02-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi,

Indeed Trailryder. U will find those in the main folder of PF. The files are called grab0000.tga, grab0001.tga ect.
U can open those whith any good drwaing program like Photoshop and so on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Greetings

Baalberith

Asus A8N-E
AMD64 4000+
Asus X1900XTX
Corsair 2GB Matched
Audigy2 ZS

major_setback
02-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Use Google to find IrfanView, this programme will allow you to view the screenshots which are found in your main folder as tga format files, you can also use it to convert them to jpeg format. Open the programme and click on the IrfanView icon to start the viewer, go to 'file' and chose 'thumbnails' from the drop-down menu. you can now browse your computer to whre you have the main game folder - usually under Programs (or even under 'program files') and then under Ubi Soft (you may fid more than one 'UbiSoft' if you have other games installed on your computer).

Press printscreen for screenshots, these are overwritten every time you restart the game, so save them after each session.

Trailryder
02-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I thought that's the way it worked, and I have Irfanview but it wouldn't open those .tga files. Now that I think about it, I bet it's not configured to open that format. I'll check into that.

major_setback
02-14-2006, 12:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trailryder:
Thanks for the info guys. I thought that's the way it worked, and I have Irfanview but it wouldn't open those .tga files. Now that I think about it, I bet it's not configured to open that format. I'll check into that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It should show them, like you said (I think) you might have to change the file handling in 'Properties' in IrfanView.
Do you see the tga files in the main game folder?