PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Wingman/Il2 Compare turn-rate

OldPepper
03-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Quick question on these charts:

Turnrate = 360o horizontal circle at the speed indicated in the chart?

Sorry for such a boneheaded question, but the vernacular on some of these charts isn't clear to me since some variables seem undefined.

My poor Old Hurricane MkI vs Bf109e2! Waaa! Certainly a QMB for the nascent 'uber pilot'! 4v4 mkI vs 1940 E2! Homework...

Thanks for any illumination on this. <S>

OldPepper
03-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Quick question on these charts:

Turnrate = 360o horizontal circle at the speed indicated in the chart?

Sorry for such a boneheaded question, but the vernacular on some of these charts isn't clear to me since some variables seem undefined.

My poor Old Hurricane MkI vs Bf109e2! Waaa! Certainly a QMB for the nascent 'uber pilot'! 4v4 mkI vs 1940 E2! Homework...

Thanks for any illumination on this. &lt;S&gt;

white12
03-20-2005, 09:51 PM
OP thats the way I have interpret those numbers but don't know for sure myself. It's of no matter though because even the most novice LW driver knows the Hurc and Spit out turn him (flame gaurds going up now) at slower speeds. As an FW driver, b&z tactics prevail. If your quick turn should foil my attempt to fill your trunk with pills... Well I'll just take my E to the next guy. Unless.. speed is high, then my FW (note:flame guard still engaged) can turn with or better than Spit. But, turning contest will still be short lived though beacuse fat wulf loses E quick, and is too hard (often times) to get back. So what about fighting against the E2 or E4? Since they are faster, acccelerate and climb better. I'd say yes, turn! But then, (arguably) if turn time is an issue for any allied jock; you must have been a naughty boy and let your six get dirty!