PDA

View Full Version : type XXI,XXIII

jlpilkey
08-23-2006, 11:11 PM
ok i know that XXI is in sh3 but from what ive loocked at on uboat.net i havent found one yet that did a patrol or even sunk a ship. now on to the type XXIII these boat sunks the last ships in ww2 and a lot of them did go on combat patrols. so my point to this thread is 2 things can someshow me that a type XXI did sink any ships because im tyred of looking. and why didnt the type XXIII get added in sh3 from what ive seen it would have been a bit more reallistic and historical.

3.JG51_Molders
08-23-2006, 11:27 PM
and why didnt the type XXIII get added in sh3 from what ive seen it would have been a bit more reallistic and historical.

Three things...time,patience, and money...things a development team starts out with plenty and ends with none.

Danelov
08-24-2006, 01:05 AM
The XXI is much more spectacular ,really was the first"submarine" with a lot of modern top torpedos,amazing submerged speed, wondefull sonar ,perfectioned schnorkel, fast recharged torpedo systeme, etc.In SHIII multiplayer is the first choice of the "easy trigger" players exactly for that.Is facility and his "modern look" , make the live more easy in the complicated world of the submarine war.

All this types were in training by the end of the war and only Topp and Schnnee were assigned operatives missions but the war was ended before.
The XXIII was much more smaller, easy to build, to camoufled and to deploy in operations.And is also a lot less spectacular, like a modern IIB, a "Volkswagen" submarine , a coastal submarine to be operated with a small crew with a limited number of torpedos.

Goose_Green
08-24-2006, 02:17 AM
Can you imagine them modelling a submarine that only had two torpedoes, for some reason I don't think any of us would really want to play with such a toy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

jlpilkey
08-24-2006, 10:01 AM
ok i see why now