PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Program that I can view ntrk's with and edit them

AFJ_Locust
01-19-2005, 08:49 PM
???

Jeez there has to be an easier way to edit ntrks ???

help !!!

AFJ_Locust
01-19-2005, 08:49 PM
???

Jeez there has to be an easier way to edit ntrks ???

help !!!

Tully__
01-20-2005, 01:05 AM
Nope. They only contain object type, position and state information and even that is encrypted. You need the game to provide decryption and graphics model rendering.

WUAF_Badsight
01-20-2005, 01:54 AM
what Tully said

the game runs the ntrk file info

a trk /ntrk file isnt a video codec of some sort , just position/map data

i also asked for the same thing about a year after i started plying this game

AFJ_Locust
01-20-2005, 03:05 AM
Man that stinks

Maybe I can re-record the ntrk with fraps & then edit that

Wilburnator
01-20-2005, 03:23 AM
Yup, that you can certainly do. Except your stuck with the views you recorded.

WOLFMondo
01-20-2005, 04:07 AM
Maybe for BoB they could put a small editing suite into it so we can play about with tracks a little.

whiteladder
01-20-2005, 05:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yup, that you can certainly do. Except your stuck with the views you recorded. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure?

I was messing around with the tracks the other night and manage to change the view while the track replayed

dazza9806482
01-20-2005, 06:45 AM
Nah, he means ur stuck with the views you record in Fraps, whilst playing a NTRK back.

J_Weaver
01-20-2005, 09:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
Maybe for BoB they could put a small editing suite into it so we can play about with tracks a little. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be great! Maybe in BoB they could use a format that we could open up in a editing program without having to go to all the trouble we do now.

whiteladder
01-20-2005, 09:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Nah, he means ur stuck with the views you record in Fraps, whilst playing a NTRK back. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh what a donut I am!!

AFJ_Locust
01-20-2005, 10:08 AM
Can you just imagine how many more movies would be produced if there were some real ntrk editor or somehow we could convert ntrk to something else that can be viewed & edited man that would be great !!!!

dazza9806482
01-20-2005, 11:26 AM
I dont understand, whats wrong with using fraps to record ntrk playback and then editing using microsoft movie maker?

genuinely-im new at this movie lark http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

flyingscampi
01-20-2005, 11:34 AM
So am I, but Movie Maker doesn't allow frame capture.

A rewind button when playing tracks would be useful!

AFJ_Locust
01-20-2005, 11:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dazza9806482:
I dont understand, whats wrong with using fraps to record ntrk playback and then editing using microsoft movie maker?

genuinely-im new at this movie lark http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well fraps only lets you record 15 seconds http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

AFJ_Locust
01-20-2005, 11:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flyingscampi:
So am I, but Movie Maker doesn't allow frame capture.

A rewind button when playing tracks would be useful! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats WHAT IM talkin about!!!

Ketalar
01-20-2005, 12:23 PM
I read a great way to edit movies somewhere on these forums, credit goes to whoever it was that suggested it.
1) Record an .ntrk.
2) While playing it back start a new .ntrk.
3) Pause (don't stop it all together, just pause it!) the old .ntrk and change zoom/view/angle for the next "scene".
4) Start the old .ntrk again and zoom/pan as needed in that scene.
5) Repeat 3) and 4) until the "movie" is finished.
6) Stop the new .ntrk.
7) End the old .ntrk.
8) While playing the new .ntrk run Fraps to rip it to a different format (.avi?).
9) Edit and compress outside of FB.

This way you edit the .ntrk into a new .ntrk. By some weird chance the new recording doesn't record the pauses, and you can get really decent results by doing this. If you run the new .ntrk in FB with locked views you get your own movie inside FB (and can show it off to friends and post the .ntrk online).

Now, go play! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Wilburnator
01-20-2005, 02:38 PM
I just play the track, pause it, change camera angles to suit my liking, then unpause. I do this throughout the entire track and when I'm done, if I like it, I just save it with a new name like "Edited blah blah whatever". The camera choices I made are saved, and the pauses are not. If I don't like it, I just do it again. It's fairly painless.

It took me about two afternoons of work to make a 4 minute movie that I was reasonably pleased with. Check it out at netwings. (The music trails on after the video is done... I was new to windows movie maker and couldn't figure out how tocrop it and trail it off, so I just let it run.)

http://www.netwings.org/files/fb_videos/Spread_Your_Love/Spread_Your_Love.zip