PDA

View Full Version : UBI: MULTIPLAYER SERIAL NUMBER DOESN'T WORK

sleepingcobra
07-01-2009, 09:37 AM
UBI you have to fix this immediately. Many people on this forum have said that their multiplayer serial number didn't work after buying and downloading the game. I am one of these people. I want an immediate refund if you don't immediately provide me with a working serial number so that I can do the only thing I wanted to do with this game: play the multiplayer!

El_Tabarnacos
07-01-2009, 10:37 AM
I can't help you but don't be agressive man, The game just came out let it time to get fixed... And just ask them politely your problem via support by e-mail or on thier site, Not whining in the forum.. For now calm your nerves and play some soloplayer until someone contact you but if you keep being that agressive I don't think you will get what you want.

native_1994
07-01-2009, 10:39 AM
:vhap
Omg.
How you can play multi...
You will can play multi at Friday 3.7.2009-
and please don't post stupid qoueastions.

sleepingcobra
07-01-2009, 10:58 AM
To El Tabarnacos: their tech support forum is broken. Coincidence? I like your post - but, no, working serial numbers should be provided with purchased games - every single time. If you bought a new car and everything was great - except the brakes didn't always work, you'd probably complain. Right? Or maybe you'd just calm your nerves and hope for the best? Granted, buying a new game isn't like buying a car - but the principle is sound - simple things like serial numbers should work. I have a right to complain about this.

To native: I missed it if it was posted somewhere that multiplayer won't work until July 3rd. Can you provide a link? Also: I didn't ask a stupid question. I didn't even ask a question. I made demands. Get it together, man.

Ubi.Vigil
07-01-2009, 11:01 AM
We're aware of this issue and apologise for any frustration it's caused. The best thing to do is get in touch with Ubisoft Tech Support, they should be able to help resolve the problem.

For reference, this issue should not impact the UK/Europe versions of the game as they are released this Friday and the key issue has been addressed.

twisterblister
07-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Contact Us
There is NO TECH SUPPORT!
Try the link yourself.
You can not send a message.
I have to ask for my money back.
How can there not be a serial # to "unlock" online play?
This might be the worst release in gaming history!

Jojojamo
07-01-2009, 04:51 PM
1-919-460-9778

That's the number for Ubi's tech support. You can actually talk to a person. Won't help if you got it through Steam, though - they referred me to Steam, saying they handle their keys.

Of course, Steam referred me to Ubi.

And yeah, server problems, etc. are one thing. But it's so easy to pirate games these days if you don't care about multiplayer. The $50 is spent on that key that legitimizes your copy and grants you at least the potential to go online.

At least with the server problems, glitches, patches, etc, you can sit back and relax while someone handles it. I, however, now have a little side project. I get to call Ubi, then email Steam, then wait, then call Ubi, then email Steam, then wait ... until I can ultimately convince one of the two that they are indeed responsible for my copy of their product and should give me a working key.

WilliamMoney88
07-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Im able to log into multiplayer but randomly im logged out of internet lobby... and it just says i cant log back in without a reason, just says i cannot log in with this profile? is this the same thing?

Joppiehump
07-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by WilliamMoney88:
Im able to log into multiplayer but randomly im logged out of internet lobby... and it just says i cant log back in without a reason, just says i cannot log in with this profile? is this the same thing?

I dont think thats the same problem as the other guys, im having the same problem as u sometimes tho http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif