PDA

View Full Version : MK 108 gun pods

CastleBravo
02-13-2008, 08:44 AM
Has anyone seen them on real aircraft? I have seen only MG 151/20's.

FliegerAas
02-13-2008, 09:16 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2354/2175162749_c9f2bf09d5_o.jpg

CastleBravo
02-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Wow, thanks a lot. If anybody knows any other pictures of such configuration, please post them. Any stories from the pilots using them would be great too.

Jaws2002
02-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by CastleBravo:
Wow, thanks a lot. If anybody knows any other pictures of such configuration, please post them. Any stories from the pilots using them would be great too.

From what i picked up here and there I think the 30mm gunpods were used experimentally only on the 109.

Isn't the plane in the pic above some prototype judging by the leters on the side of the fuselage?

FliegerAas
02-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Jaws2002:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CastleBravo:

From what i picked up here and there I think the 30mm gunpods were used experimentally only on the 109.

Isn't the plane in the pic above some prototype judging by the leters on the side of the fuselage? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know, the caption under the picture said it was a G-6 R4

Jaws2002
02-13-2008, 09:39 AM
But..................

I know some 190 A6 used them. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/<FA>Jaws/DSC00502_JPG.jpg

Kurfurst__
02-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Wuzthat thing above ?

And yes, a couple of 109G-6s had the option for 30mm gondolas, however they were rare.

JSG72
02-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Kurfurst__:
Wuzthat thing above ?

And yes, a couple of 109G-6s had the option for 30mm gondolas, however they were rare.

MMMMmmm.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif No. not a 109.

But by all accounts a Rendition of the 190A5-U16
With Spurious personal emblem of Erich Hondt. Who flew as Staffelkapitan with 2/JG11.

Also known to fly with the twin 151 cannon gondolas.

M_Gunz
02-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Somehow I think that Kurf was writing about the 109 nearer top of the page.

You must not know him much at all, you being a relative newb around here so I'll tell ya straight:

The UBI Zoo IQ test has a question about Kurfurst/Isegrim being able to ID German planes and
if you say he can't tell a 109 from a 190 then your score drops 100 points.

BTW, we have a specific 109 with 151/20 pods with mainly AP ammo just because that variant
and ammo mix was used because of IL2's on Russian Front.
How we found out was because ammo mix between the pods and non-pod 151/20's got switched
and for two solid years the debates raged until it was shown that the pods had the MG shells
that the others did not, and still the why was unknown until Oleg got involved enough to
explain and then have it fixed. Compared to some changes, that was recent. You can thank
Tiger Talon for getting to the real problem since otherwise no change would have occurred.

JSG72
02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by M_Gunz:

You must not know him much at all, you being a relative newb around here so I'll tell ya straight:

The UBI Zoo IQ test has a question about Kurfurst/Isegrim being able to ID German planes and

BTW, we have a specific 109 with 151/20 pods with mainly AP ammo just because that variant
How we found out was because ammo mix between the pods and non-pod 151/20's got switched
and for two solid years the debates raged until it was shown that the pods had the MG shells
that the others did not, and still the why was unknown until Oleg got involved enough to
explain and then have it fixed. Compared to some changes, that was recent. You can thank
Tiger Talon for getting to the real problem since otherwise no change would have occurred.

Haven't a clue what you are on about?(Do you drink as much as I do?)

I am not a "Noob" as you appear to think I am.

Check my posts?

I am neither a "Troll"

We may have crossed swords in other rescent posts.

But I can assure you I have been around awhile.

I object. To certain Posters being biased.

And will use my accumulated knowledge or referances to substantiate my argument.

I have "No Truck" with those who "Troll" the Internet looking for Tidbits of supposed fact or "Factory Drawings/Performance" figures.

I have lived too long in the real world. (Long before we were able to comunicate as we do today.)To be able to understand!!! What the World was like during the Term of 1939-1945.

Apparently? You do not!

Kurf? May be, this sites "Expert on the "109" or indeed anything "German" in origin.(I am sure it suits you?).

However? As I I seen in his rescent posts.

He is not afraid to admit he does not "Know it all".
I.E. Structure/Useage/Assignment/Camouflage/...Pilots..Hierarchy? The list goes on.

But then there are those who will hang on to every word.

So be it!

Just don't! forever call me a "Noob" as regards my "Lifelong Subject".

You are most definetly saddening me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Oh and BTW. You want a Luftwaffe test?

100% guarenteed! Any Manufacturer/Mark/Subtype
With no!!! Google search.

OOh! OOh! I am also a member of Kurfusts Site from a few weeks ago. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Move, along now... nothing of interest here!

Sh1t! I fell for that. Just like a "NooB". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

M_Gunz
02-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by JSG72:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:

Haven't a clue what you are on about?(Do you drink as much as I do?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look at the picture on the 2nd post from the top of this page. It is a 109 with gunpods.

And your reply: MMMMmmm.... Veryhappy No. not a 109.

I am not a "Noob" as you appear to think I am.

Registered March 2004 -- any names before that? Some people have changed, I did to get out
of squad uniform. Originally I joined here in Oct 2001.

Check my posts?

600 and some, quite a few recently.

I am neither a "Troll"

We may have crossed swords in other rescent posts.

But I can assure you I have been around awhile.

I object. To certain Posters being biased.

If I take the period out of the middle it reads like you object to perceived bias'.

And will use my accumulated knowledge or referances to substantiate my argument.

I have "No Truck" with those who "Troll" the Internet looking for Tidbits of supposed fact or "Factory Drawings/Performance" figures.

You fooled me there when you supported Tagert's use of after-the-fact opinions as primary data.

Okay, what parts of that concatenate and make any sense? Have you lived too long in the
real world to understand what the world was like 1939-1945? Or have you lived too long in
the real world, period, which would imply something else?
What was long before we were able to communicate as we do today? Before internet? Before
writing? And does that have anything to do with "To be able to understand!!!"? Or is that
only the first part of which that last group of words?
And how does living too long in the real world keep you from understanding as much as anyone
who was not there in '39-'45 -- or even a whole lot of people who were?

Shiz, I'm only 51, what do I know of then except through 2nd hand and histories?
Somehow we learned to read and write back before personal computers were invented.
Somehow that work I went through developing those skills has stood by me all these years.

[quote]Kurf? May be, this sites "Expert on the "109" or indeed anything "German" in origin.(I am sure it suits you?).

However? As I I seen in his rescent posts.

He is not afraid to admit he does not "Know it all".
I.E. Structure/Useage/Assignment/Camouflage/...Pilots..Hierarchy? The list goes on.

This is where I figured you missed the old days here and the not so old days.
There's a huge gap between not knowing it all and not being able to tell a 109 from a 190.

I saw that you seemed to think he had or perhaps didn't bother scrolling back a bit so....
I made a little bit of a funny joke. I WON'T be doing that again, it's a waste of time.

BTW, there is no UBI Zoo IQ test unless it's what we post.