PDA

View Full Version : Spire Crashed; game won't start

Treess08
11-20-2004, 12:38 PM
I was going along GREAT through spire when it stopped and went to desktop. Today when I tried to start the game, I click to skip the 2 opening graphics, Atrus starts talking and it crashes back to desktop.
Other entries look similar but I'm not a techie and don't know if they have my problem/answer. Tech support is too technical and ornery.
Treess

Treess08
11-20-2004, 12:38 PM
I was going along GREAT through spire when it stopped and went to desktop. Today when I tried to start the game, I click to skip the 2 opening graphics, Atrus starts talking and it crashes back to desktop.
Other entries look similar but I'm not a techie and don't know if they have my problem/answer. Tech support is too technical and ornery.
Treess

maztec
11-20-2004, 01:39 PM
Hmm... My first recommendaiton would be to defragment your hard drive. My second would be to try reinstalling the game - anomalous crashes have been found to be related to installs where something went wrong and not all files were copied correctly. My third would be to post your dxDiag information here (see the forum guidelines post) and I'll look at it to see if I can find anything else out from it. But please try the first two options first. You will not lose your saved games, but I recommend going to your M yDocuments folder and copying the myst4- save game folder to your desktop just in case.

Maztec

Treess08
11-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Thank you for the suggestions (in English.) I think I have found one problem with a driver. I've printed your note and here we go again...

Thanks muchly.
Treess