PDA

View Full Version : altair or ezio who do you thanks better i will tell you who i thank is better.

klays-games
12-06-2009, 07:59 PM
okay ezio cool and he has 2 hidden blades and he can takes peoples weapons from them and thats cool.
but i like altair better i like altair suit better.i thank altair has to do a harder job because when theres 2 guys talking to each other he can only kill one because he has one hidden blade so he has to fight the other guy off ezio can do it all at one time.you can do more stuff in ac2 then ac1 but thats not altairs falt thats how ubisoft made their game.and i thank altair missing figure is cooler then ezio.i like the fact you can die clothes is cool but i thank alair had a black suit because in ac2 altairs armor is black.

who do you thank is better.
ps.if you unlock altairs armor can you take it off anytime you want.

i thank the graphics in ac1 better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsh7iELDeYk

Dudebag
12-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Thank you for your opinion.

klays-games
12-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Dudebag:
Thank you for your opinion.
so you welcome but like who do you like better??
thats why i posted that so i can find out if people like altair or ezio better.
and can you explain this to da vinci said he made to where you dont have to cut off your figure but giovanni ezios dad didnt have davinci to make it better and he has all his figures??

tresconik
12-06-2009, 08:12 PM
im not sure if da vinci made the modification or if the modification was made in the codex pages itself

Crash_Plague
12-06-2009, 09:47 PM
The modification was in the codex itself, Altair made the modification.

If you read the codex he talks about how things like "losing our ring fingers" do not make them assassins, but it's what they do and live for that makes them assassins. "So if don't need to cut of ring fingers, then we wont"

I'm paraphrasing extremely, but you get the point. You should actually read the pages if you get a chance, there's an interesting story in there.

JudgeQwerty
12-07-2009, 04:00 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif How do you accidentally spell think with 'a', they're not even on the SAME SIDE IOF THE KEYBOARD!!

Anywho, I vote Altair because he... you know... assassinates people. Ezio only ever chases people around or publicly kicks the crap out of them. No subtlety or planning...

bladencrowd
12-07-2009, 04:28 AM
1. This thread should be a poll.
2. I prefer Altair. His costume seems more professional, he relied on one blade, no mercenaries/thieves/courtesans, no poison/gun/smoke bombs, he add one dagger and sword, he had to climb with one less finger, and he had to stay still when he used eagle vision.

Dudebag
12-07-2009, 05:07 AM
Well to be honest I didnt really like either character but if I have to choose it would be Ezio.

These guys are supposed to be professional Assassins but their method of assassination is the stuff of amateurs, if I were to hire an assassin I would call Agent 47.

Neo_Age
12-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Dudebag:
Well to be honest I didnt really like either character but if I have to choose it would be Ezio.

These guys are supposed to be professional Assassins but their method of assassination is the stuff of amateurs, if I were to hire an assassin I would call Agent 47.

Actually if I recall that was the original assassins MO. Sneak in and then make it a public spectacle. Modern day assassins employ stealth simply because its necessary for their trade (that and I doubt they really believe they can free run their way to freedom).

Anyway my choice is would have to be Altair. Ezio, though more realistic strikes me as someone who knows what he is doing as opposed to Ezio, whose winging it as he goes.

spartans95
12-07-2009, 10:45 AM
I think Altair.

SOME SPOILERS

He defeats his master Al Mualim while Al mualim is using a Piece of Eden without one himself and he invents your poison blade, gun and a few other things.

Fenro
12-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Altaire is my favorite of the two.

Why?

***SPOILER***

1# Hes a master assassin, the true master assassin at that..

For godsake he killed the grandmaster who created the creed of the assassin. while he was using a POE, also both characters have some sort of depth to them, though all in all i think altaire has a bit more interesting story. as where ezio has the all so familiar "revenge story" which is colored by the introduction of the hidden assassin roots of his family.

pvtskittles
12-07-2009, 11:07 AM
i Think alitair is better simply as he seems much more shady than ezio. He has a aura around him of being an assasin as if he was born into it, ezio simply discovers it over time. Also altair had a much more difficult time assassinating his targets as he had no help from anyone yet he still did it with style. and i dont know why but i got a much better feel assassinating people on assasins creed 1 than i did on 2 none the less i absolutly love assasins creed 2 as it is one of the best games i have ever played. bassically character wise i think alitair is better but simply for the new assassinations ect the gameplay in ac2 is much better, flows better in general http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jack_Vykios
12-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Oh god...the title of this thread...main post...good god. My language is cringing in the terror that you'll give it another horrific beating.

Anyway, Ezio. He seems better than Altair in every scenario except for Piece of Eden resistance, which makes him useless in that regard, but if that's the standard against which you're going to compare everyone, then Altair is ALWAYS going to win, even though he's dull and uninteresting in just about every regard, not as good a climber, and a less skilled fighter.
Now, I'm just going by the characters as they present themselves in game. The codex Altair is actually perhaps the most interesting character in Assassin's Creed II, but I never saw so much as a sliver of that character in AC1.

But whatever. As their in game personas, Ezio wins hands down. I know a bunch of you are saying "But eeeeeeeeeeeh, Altair killed Al Mualim teh Hashshashin* MASTUH!", well to that I say: "Bring on round 2 with Ezio."

*Or, as Al Mualim would put it (for some reason) Assasseon.

BlakeDrapeta
12-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Altair. I liked his character more, as well as the atmosphere of AC.

I was disappointed with Altair's Armor in ACII. I had been expecting an armored version of his outfit from AC. Instead was just slightly cooler looking poofy Italian renaissance garbage, with darker colours. It only upside was the better armour designs on it.

ARJAN94
12-07-2009, 05:51 PM
***SPOILER***
I hope Ubisoft releases a **** LOAD of DLC. Like more armour's, weapons, maps. Just to make a great game awesome. Maybe it would be cool if you could use the POE as a weapon while playing the game.

LAKE4742
12-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Sometimes more technology and polish is not really better, for me. I also prefer the grittiness of AC1.

senile old coot
12-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif How do you accidentally spell think with 'a', they're not even on the SAME SIDE IOF THE KEYBOARD!!

Anywho, I vote Altair because he... you know... assassinates people. Ezio only ever chases people around or publicly kicks the crap out of them. No subtlety or planning...

doesn't the player control the level of subtlety and planning in most of the assassinations? (not counting dante moro and silvia lol)

*goes back to the topic of thread* ahem ahem i love em both tbh, ezios pimped out weapons/ abilities are awesome but he owes altair for a lot of em lolz.

altair said that he'd probably never love a woman again after adha before promptly doin the dirty with good ol' Maria. without that little turn of events ezio would never have lived.

but yeh they both rawk reli

Sparty2020
12-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Jack_Vykios:
Oh god...the title of this thread...main post...good god. My language is cringing in the terror that you'll give it another horrific beating.

Anyway, Ezio. He seems better than Altair in every scenario except for Piece of Eden resistance, which makes him useless in that regard, but if that's the standard against which you're going to compare everyone, then Altair is ALWAYS going to win, even though he's dull and uninteresting in just about every regard, not as good a climber, and a less skilled fighter.
Now, I'm just going by the characters as they present themselves in game. The codex Altair is actually perhaps the most interesting character in Assassin's Creed II, but I never saw so much as a sliver of that character in AC1.

But whatever. As their in game personas, Ezio wins hands down. I know a bunch of you are saying "But eeeeeeeeeeeh, Altair killed Al Mualim teh Hashshashin* MASTUH!", well to that I say: "Bring on round 2 with Ezio."

*Or, as Al Mualim would put it (for some reason) Assasseon. God, you have no idea how much I agree with you when it comes to the language thing.

Anywho, I like Ezio simply because he sneaked into the Vatican and proved that there ARE ways to Assassinate the Pope like Agent 47 proved that sneaking guns into the White House is as easy as tossing them over the metal detector.

That and he wings his missions. You can say Altair had no help but he had an entire organization of lethal Assassins and Assassin-friendly conspirators. Ezio had *****s, thieves, and at times a few mercenaries who can't run or fight for their lives (which they have to)

xXSiriusXx
12-08-2009, 03:44 AM
Well...Surely,Altair,is the best...If he weren't,then why would there be a statue of him in Ezio's villa basement? And as one said...every gadget Ezio has is inspired by Altair...BUT Ezio has a cool personality...while Altair is a mysterious-never-talking-cutthroat-rapechar Ezio is a ladies-soldierrape-asskick-sono***un...They are quite different...But for some reason even though i slightly prefer Altair...Ezio's smile beneath his hood in the dark...omg...if only i had PS3 lol

EzioAssassin51
12-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Fenro:
For godsake he killed the grandmaster who created the creed of the assassin. while he was using a POE, also both characters have some sort of depth to them, though all in all i think altaire has a bit more interesting story. as where ezio has the all so familiar "revenge story" which is colored by the introduction of the hidden assassin roots of his family.

Interesting Story? His story is just about running around and doing the same stuff over 9 times just to learn 1 thing: That his master is evil http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif. Ezio has a better story (i liked it!) And i don't think Al Mualim Created the creed!

Anyway: I much prefer Ezio!

He looks cooler, sounds cooler (except when saying nothing is true yada yada yada), moves cooler, he has better weapons and he can actually feel an emotion other than seriousness! Altair showed no emotion! He never even smiled! I only think he smiled after he had it with maria!

Altair was boring, slow and wasn't as good a fighter or a mover! Sure Altair killed his master with Al using the POE but Ezio snuck into the vatican, and beat the pope up while he had a POE too! I don't think ripping down posters or bribing heralds would have helped him out after that! He was probably on the run for ages before they gave up or something! Remember: *SPOILER* <span class="ev_code_WHITE">He let Borgia live!</span>

Sure he gets the Mission done quicker but hey, they're more fun with him and at least his convo doesn't last 20 minutes when his victim has a hole in his neck!

In conclusion, i think Ezio wins hands down versing Altair!

godsmack_darius
12-09-2009, 08:22 AM
ALTAIR VS EZIO

WHo would win in a fight, how about that

remmus64
12-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
ALTAIR VS EZIO

WHo would win in a fight, how about that

depend, if Altair only have the gear he had in AC1 and Ezio had his gear from AC2 in a long standing fight Etzio would win, if Altair could use the same gear as Etzio they would be very close only one winning by a slim margin and a bit of luck.

my 2 florens on the subject

godsmack_darius
12-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Altair would kill Ezio, hed just say "If it wasnt for me you wouldnt be here now my friend" and Ezio would reply "Sorry Signori...Please forgive me " *bows head*

Altair uses hidden blade

Ezio dead

remmus64
12-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
Altair would kill Ezio, hed just say "If it wasnt for me you wouldnt be here now my friend" and Ezio would reply "Sorry Signori...Please forgive me " *bows head*

Altair uses hidden blade

Ezio dead

*chuckles* I doubt that would happen, if anything Etzio would honour the skills of Altair by putting them to the test by doing his best.

warsow7
12-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah somethings tell me that even if given the chance, Altair and Ezio wouldn't fight. However, Al Mualim would beat the crap out of Borgia.

Zerban_da_Great
12-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Ezio is better than Altair. First off, Ezio has this little thing called 'character development'. Presumably Desmond's hijinks as Altair in the first game didn't count for the learning of Assassin skills because everyone wanted him to learn from someone who didn't have the emotional range of a teaspoon. That's why I think they have the rather long introduction before Ezio dons the robes and starts shanking people. It's to introduce you to Ezio the lovable womanizer, and his change into the brutal but honorable Assassin at the end.

Altair in the codex is a very interesting character, and his musings really made me think. Too bad Altair only showed a glimmer of that mind at the end of AC1.

Ezio is also a better fighter and climber than Altair. Also, high-profile double assassinations are fricking awesome.

And finally, Ezio's outfit is just FABULOUS!

remmus64
12-09-2009, 12:25 PM

think Zerban would be one of the few that would download a DLC with a pink costume colour for Etzios outfit.

kamikaze17
01-03-2010, 02:49 PM
I just like how Altair was always quiet and showed no emotion. A true assassin doesn't need emotions to be good, they just need to be good fighters. And, considering Altair had way simpler tools to work with, he still was good at fighting off guards.

kamikaze17
01-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Oh I also forgot to say it was funny when Altair backtalked or was smart to people.

daraghdaly
01-03-2010, 02:58 PM
altair cause he was the master of all assassins and if u read the codex altair made all of ezio gear and moves

silver_015
01-04-2010, 01:13 AM
i think ezio's voice is so cool :P and he looks so tough with that scar on his mouth :P

Jack-Reacher
01-04-2010, 01:27 AM
Man the opening post was funny, is English your second language?

kingbren08
01-04-2010, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Jack-Reacher:
Man the opening post was funny, is English your second language? there werent that many grammar or spelling issues so be nice

agentofwraith
01-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by klays-games:
okay ezio cool and he has 2 hidden blades and he can takes peoples weapons from them and thats cool.
but i like altair better i like altair suit better.i thank altair has to do a harder job because when theres 2 guys talking to each other he can only kill one because he has one hidden blade so he has to fight the other guy off ezio can do it all at one time.you can do more stuff in ac2 then ac1 but thats not altairs falt thats how ubisoft made their game.and i thank altair missing figure is cooler then ezio.i like the fact you can die clothes is cool but i thank alair had a black suit because in ac2 altairs armor is black.

I would agree that Altair had it harder then Ezio but, you are talking about a span of about 400 years. So, with alittle help from the codexes of Altair and the AOE and time, we have a much more refined, if not modern assassin. I see we are having fun stabbing at the question of who would be better,(no pun intended), but wouldn't it be against the code for one another to fight each other? Besides that, we know through the storyline that a prophet must appear and is the only one who can unlock the vault. Borgia thought he was really the prophet. Turns out he was wrong. We can speculate that Altair has seen this in the AOE, but probably didn't know at what time this would take. So, if they were to meet, I believe Altair would have the utmost respect for Ezio as well as Ezio having the same. Just an opinion. Remember, 'Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.'

galenwolf
01-04-2010, 05:04 PM
I do prefer Ezio.

Hopefully in AC3 we will be able to visit them later on in life.

************SPOILER***************
Remember when Altair said that assassins shouldn't fear being close to their children and that they should be more like a family rather than wardens, well since at some point he would become a father it might be good to see him as a father, he might have been able to show more emotions at that point. He would also be studying the POE so should be more interesting on that account too.

and just for the fun of it, Ezio, Altair, or Desmond who would win?

I'm actually going to say Desmond, he is a newbie, but a newbie with all of altairs and Ezios memories.

MaverickiB
01-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Disregarding in-game abilities, I preferred Altair as a character.

Most people would say he is undeveloped and bland. I personally think that is what makes him so badass. Ezio works out of emotion, fueled by revenge. Altair is such a great assassin because he is full of himself.

It's easy to see this early in AC1. He has a "Screw you, I'll do what I want" attitude which carries on throughout the game. Even though he becomes more "understanding" near the end, it is still easy to see that he believes himself to be better than everyone else when he assassinates them. Ezio is nice to the people he kills, Altair pretty much says, "Ha, sucks for you" and lets them die.

Ezio is a pretty impressive character, but I just get the impression that he is a normal dude made into an assassin, wheras Altair has a personality that makes it seem like he was BORN to be an assassin.

Turkiye96
12-24-2010, 10:29 AM
altairwould win (asuming they only used thier swords... but if they didnt altair invented the gun so they could both shoot each other and die) alair was raised to fight ezio wasnt altair beat a man with the apple, ezio lost with the apple... altair didnt fight guards he fought wariors and soldiers who where trained strong profesionals while ezio killed a few guards who sucked...
altair would win although it would be close... he isnt fancy but he is practical boring but better

Inorganic9_2
12-24-2010, 01:05 PM
I read the first post and my brain exploded.

Anyway, I've always thought Alta´r is the better fighter, it's just that the advances in the combat mechanics prompted by fans meant that Ezio was able to do so much more. considering Alta´r was formally trained from a young age and Ezio's training consisted of (possibly) some genetics, lots of brawls in Florence and a year with Mario, I'd have said Alta´r has the potential to be a better fighter.

Ezio has the more developed character, but I find Alta´r a lot more intruiging after he cools down from being an arrogant so-and-so. His philosophy in the codex was amazing.

But Ezio is one smooth guy too. Not sure who I prefer, when you take equipment out of the picture.

Master_Rahl
12-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Zerban_da_Great:
Ezio is better than Altair. First off, Ezio has this little thing called 'character development'. Presumably Desmond's hijinks as Altair in the first game didn't count for the learning of Assassin skills because everyone wanted him to learn from someone who didn't have the emotional range of a teaspoon. That's why I think they have the rather long introduction before Ezio dons the robes and starts shanking people. It's to introduce you to Ezio the lovable womanizer, and his change into the brutal but honorable Assassin at the end.

Altair in the codex is a very interesting character, and his musings really made me think. Too bad Altair only showed a glimmer of that mind at the end of AC1.

Ezio is also a better fighter and climber than Altair. Also, high-profile double assassinations are fricking awesome.

A Potter fan, are we? Love Hermione.

Anyways, I think Altair is ultimately more ownage. I like Ezio more, but he became an assassin after some twenty years or so, whereas Altair was trained from an early age. I think Altair would be way more ownage if not for the fact that it was the first AC game Ubi made, and they hadn't yet perfected the art of ULTRAOMEGASWEETAWESOME assassinations and portrayal of skills.

Inorganic9_2
12-24-2010, 03:30 PM
^ this

plus, don't forget that Alta´r fought off multiple Templar knights (hihgly trained) in front of the King of England http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif