PDA

View Full Version : What happens after you find the Truth? SPOILERS

TheBigJ_A
12-16-2010, 09:44 AM
SPOILERS

When I solved the last Truth segment and talked to subject 16, I experienced a bug. When Desmond came out of the animus, He was stuck in the chair. He was still lying in the chair, levitating and jerking back and forth during the cutscene where Lucy tells you to take a break. When it cut back to me, Desmond was standing in the chair, and I couldn't move. As soon as I pressed a button, it popped me back into the animus.

I tried leaving the animus right away, but it put me back the way it had been. that is to say, Lucy mysteriously not there, and the other two with nothing to say.

I'm kind of upset, because I feel like I missed something, part of the payoff for solving all those friggin puzzles.

So, what happens, if anything?

Abeonis
12-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Nope, you didn't miss anything.

Yoshack Fyre84
12-18-2010, 05:53 AM
EXACT SAME THING happend to me, I thought your post was mine for a second, if I find it I'll post the link here.

I was upset because Lucy had been MIA and when you complete the Truth she comes back. I think you and I both DID miss something, because I'm sure you could have a conversation with each Lucy, Shaun and Rebecca after completing it. I'd love to see a script of the exchange so I could know just for story purposes.

And here was my post for reference:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...301093598#8301093598 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9011039408/m/9961032598?r=8301093598#8301093598)

I asked that anyone else about to complete the Truth write down the conversations afterwards for me, but no one did. Or maybe just everyone glitched. No one confirmed that they still say nothing like "I'm busy". If that's all they say then we didn't miss anything, but you know Lucy HAS to say SOMETHING.

andynaruto10
04-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by TheBigJ_A:
SPOILERS

When I solved the last Truth segment and talked to subject 16, I experienced a bug. When Desmond came out of the animus, He was stuck in the chair. He was still lying in the chair, levitating and jerking back and forth during the cutscene where Lucy tells you to take a break. When it cut back to me, Desmond was standing in the chair, and I couldn't move. As soon as I pressed a button, it popped me back into the animus.

I tried leaving the animus right away, but it put me back the way it had been. that is to say, Lucy mysteriously not there, and the other two with nothing to say.

I'm kind of upset, because I feel like I missed something, part of the payoff for solving all those friggin puzzles.

So, what happens, if anything?

This happens on PC too. Please fix it!

TwentyGlyphs
04-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Have you considered that it may not be a bug? Such an obvious glitch and still not fixed more than 4 months after the game came out? Coupled with artifacts you can collect that are just sitting around after 500 years that disappear off the shelf the last time you leave the Animus, a mysterious red trail that has no explanation, and William saying in the DLC that Desmond has always found his way out of comas in the past? Something about the Leave Animus option is very, very fishy.

Thank you for confirming that it happens the same way on the PC version. I have been wondering that, and the fact that it does just makes me believe even more that it is intentional.

andynaruto10
04-03-2011, 05:23 AM
It's not intentional. On PS3 and Xbox, Ubi released in December a patch for this bug.
Here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9871010798)
It says about subject 16 completion bug and red room stuck. I think here is the fix.

Ureh
04-03-2011, 12:25 PM
So neither Sean, Lucy, or Rebecca had anything to say about it? Did they see what Desmond saw?

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-03-2011, 12:31 PM
stretching it over 3 releases is just too complex,i find i forgot what these puzzles are all about.

if it were a single event i could keep track,but now i donty even know why i bother completing these puzzles and watch a confusing video who`s story was lost on me in the first game.

i know its supposed to mean something,but i just dont get it anymore.

just gotten out of hand now.

TwentyGlyphs
04-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by andynaruto10:
It's not intentional. On PS3 and Xbox, Ubi released in December a patch for this bug.
Here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9871010798)
It says about subject 16 completion bug and red room stuck. I think here is the fix.

Just read the release note, and it does not say that it fixed the glitchiness of Desmond's character model flipping out after completing the Truth. Just that "You will be able to re-enter the Animus after completing the Subject 16 puzzles." I don't know for sure, but this sounds like some people couldn't re-enter the Animus at all after completing the Truth, and they fixed this bug.

I replayed the game just over a month ago and had the latest Title Updates installed for it on Xbox 360. When I finished the Truth, the exact same weirdness happened with Desmond not being able to leave the geometry of the Animus chair and Lucy talking to thin air.

Why would they fix this bug on consoles but not have it fixed for the PC version that came out much later? I don't think it's been fixed anywhere, which is just part of what's fishy to me. The other mysteries about leaving the Animus also contribute to this. Perhaps it's even a metaphor, playing off the fact that Desmond can't actually leave the Animus? Maybe that's why he's stuck in the chair.

Someone please let me know for sure if you have evidence that this issue has been updated.

andynaruto10
04-04-2011, 05:22 AM
So, it's not fixed on xbox and ps3.
this is crappy...
I'll send a message to Mr_Shade and ask him.

AntiChrist7
04-04-2011, 06:01 AM
I had the same problem on pc. Desmond going all shaky in the chair, and then Lucy talking to someone invisible

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
I had the same problem on pc. Desmond going all shaky in the chair, and then Lucy talking to someone invisible

same here but pressing "D" and jabbing space started the enter animus again and all works.

AntiChrist7
04-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by AJ_Rimmer_Bsc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:

same here but pressing "D" and jabbing space started the enter animus again and all works. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i know, getting back into the animus wasn't that much of a problem, but i completly missed the cutscene

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-05-2011, 05:14 PM
I saw no cutscene,it seemed unfinished or just lacking in any explaination.

i guess it was just yet another tease for AC3.

like i said,i think its gone on too long and got too complicated,so the dev probably has no idea what to put in now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

andynaruto10
04-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Any help from the staff?

andynaruto10
04-11-2011, 10:02 AM
I've got a response from Ubi Support:

Response Ubisoft technical support via Email 04/11/2011 12:37
Hello Andy

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support regarding Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

In order to respond to this email, please update this incident (Please do not create a new incident)

Thank you for reporting this issue. I have sent this along through the appropriate channels for processing. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.

Kind Regards,
Marco
Ubisoft Technical Support.

At least they have seen this message. I hope they'll fix it :>:>

neo4lex
04-11-2011, 07:39 PM
There is a cutscene, which happens before you regain control of Des. So I saw the cutscene, then Des was stuck in the chair when I regained control. I was forced to go back in the Animus to fix the chair twitching bug. Glad I wasn't the only one, and oh, I played on PC.

Speaking of which, where the hell does Lucy go? Hrm hrm, did she go to see the mysterious William??