PDA

View Full Version : WE NEED TORPEDO BOMBER CAREER!!!

SuomiPilotti
12-28-2003, 02:47 PM
I´m mad about torpedo bombing, but in IL-2 FB, I cant fly torpedo bomber career! This IL-2 game is damn good, but I hope that someday I´ll fly a torpedo bomber in career... I thought, that maybe someone of you, fellow pilots, has done a torpedo bomber campaign! If you have, give me a link or something so I can download it.

P.S:Sorry my worse english, but I´m from Finland ya know! I have to admit, that you Russians were great pilots in WW2! Salute to you all!

SuomiPilotti

SuomiPilotti
12-28-2003, 02:47 PM
I´m mad about torpedo bombing, but in IL-2 FB, I cant fly torpedo bomber career! This IL-2 game is damn good, but I hope that someday I´ll fly a torpedo bomber in career... I thought, that maybe someone of you, fellow pilots, has done a torpedo bomber campaign! If you have, give me a link or something so I can download it.

P.S:Sorry my worse english, but I´m from Finland ya know! I have to admit, that you Russians were great pilots in WW2! Salute to you all!

SuomiPilotti

Vipez-
12-28-2003, 03:21 PM
no huh sulla j¤rkev¤t postaukset.. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif saako kysy¤ paljon sulla ik¤¤ ? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-- Vipez

SuomiPilotti
12-28-2003, 03:40 PM
Ei mull oo ik¤¤ vasta kuin 12wee, mut koneen takana m¤ oon aika ¤ss¤!

Zeus-cat
12-28-2003, 06:07 PM
SuomiPilotti,

I was at my in-laws over Christmas and could not play IL-2 for three days (I barely survived!!!). I had seen this request before and decided to outline a torpedo-bomber campaign. I developed the ideas for 20 missions Christmas Eve and wrote the briefings on Christmas Day.

It will take me some time (one month, maybe more) to actually write the missions and test them. The missions will be for the IL-2T.

I decided the only way to make this interesting was to have the player be the commander for all the attacking planes. He would be plane 1, flight 1, squadron 1 in all missions. He would control all of the torpedo-bombers as well as fighter-bombers to supress AAA and fighters to engage enemy patrols. He would have to set up attacks in specific ways to ensure sucess. In addition, no planes would have attack waypoints set up in the FMB.

An example of a mission would be to have all planes fly search patterns for a cruiser or convoy (setup in the FMB). When one group found the target, the commander would have to figure out where that group was in its search pattern, fly to a point near that group, and then recall all the groups to that point. Then he would have all planes attack.

Another example is to have 2 or 3 flights of torpedo bombers and one flight of fighter-bombers fly to an enemy base. The commander would have to put all the IL-2Ts into a holding pattern and order/lead the fighter-bombers to attack the AAA. The commander could also have Migs or Yaks with him and have the fighters engage a ships air cover while the IL-2Ts dash in to attack the cruiser or convoy.

I know the commands in FB are not very good for this type of thing, but I believe they are good enough.

Does this sound interseting to people?

Zeus-cat

CAP401
12-28-2003, 08:17 PM
Sounds great to me! Can you give me a date when it might be ready?

SuomiPilotti
12-29-2003, 04:06 AM
Sounds perfect!bump!

scootertgm
12-29-2003, 08:52 AM
Have you tried using DCGen and steeing teh ac type to IL-2T and making sure you're near the ocean?

Zeus-cat
12-30-2003, 06:09 PM
There doesn't seem to be much interest in a torpedo bomber campaign, but I would like to try it anyway. I already have ideas for 20 missions. I might add some more if I can think of any ideas. Please feel free to offer suggestions for missions. See my previous response in this thread for what I am planning. I want these missions to be unique. I don't want to have a bunch of missions where you take off, torpedo a ship or convoy and then land; so your help would be nice.

Zeus-cat

-HH-Dubbo
12-30-2003, 06:13 PM
I'm interested. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But I have no ideas to offer....at this time. I'll try to think of something..

It only funny 'til someone loses an eye.........

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/nightschpanker/xp47h-2-t_boltwithinlineengine.jpg