PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane II Vs Rufe. Both surprised and have to act. What?



neural_dream
12-21-2005, 12:54 PM
As in the La7 Vs Dora ( http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/2811039683 ) and the BF110 Vs single-seat Sturmovik scenario ( http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/6181095883 ), the two pilots were completing their Sudokus when suddenly they simultaneously realise the one is flying next to the other.

Parallel, distance 30m, same direction, speed 300km/h. Altitude 100m. Location: Over a small hilly island somewhere in the Pacific.
What do you do if you are the Rufe and what if you are the Hurricane?

BSS_Goat
12-21-2005, 01:38 PM
I use the three step plan
(Note all must be done within .003 of a second)

1 Scream like a little girl

2 Slam rudder full left and pull all the way back on the stick

3 Flat spin into a exploding fire ball, while frantically hitting "Ctrl E" as hard and as many times as possible before my virtual life ends.

BSS_Goat
12-21-2005, 01:39 PM
BTW http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif Works equally well for Rufe and Hurricane

JtD
12-21-2005, 02:08 PM
I'd go to ORR 1st to whine about the Hurris undermodelled turnrate and once it's fixed, I am going to start a slow speed stall fight.

Meanwhile, I count on the little ammo supply on that zero and hope I can take more than it can give.

In the Zero, I'd just kill the Hurri no matter what.

danjama
12-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Why would a Hurricane be against a Rufe? They didnt even fly in the same theatre of operations!

Airmail109
12-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Id open my canopy and pop the bastard with my pistol! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif and danjama I believe they did....in the far east theatre.

LStarosta
12-21-2005, 03:21 PM
If I was the Rufe pilot, I would call him on comms and challenge him to follow the leader after which I'd land in the water.

Pwned.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Badsight.
12-21-2005, 04:50 PM
unless the Hurricane can start the fight with a surprise attack , id want to be in the Rufe

Chuck_Older
12-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Both surprised? Like they both woke up from a nap? Where are they? What are they doing? What altitude, what speed, what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what what?!?!

neural_dream
12-21-2005, 05:28 PM
lol

I guess you haven't followed the previous two threads http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif.

Anyway, those who want to think about it, you might want to know the following (approximate) stuff:

Rufe
395km/h sea level, 470 at 4400m.
Turn time 17.5s at 1000m.
2x7.7mm Type97 MG (1000rpg/66s), 2x20mm Type 99 cannon (60rpg/7sec)

Hurricane MkIIc
410km/h sea level, 540 at 5600m,
turn time 21s at 1000m
4x20mm Hispano (91rpg/8sec)

chris455
12-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by danjama:
Why would a Hurricane be against a Rufe? They didnt even fly in the same theatre of operations!

It's not inconceivable they could have met in battle. Singapore, Malaya, perhaps Burma??

danjama
12-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Touche'

sounds like a question for Low_Flyer!

chris455
12-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by neural_dream:
lol

I guess you haven't followed the previous two threads http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif.

Anyway, those who want to think about it, you might want to know the following (approximate) stuff:

Rufe
395km/h sea level, 470 at 4400m.
Turn time 17.5s at 1000m.
2x7.7mm Type97 MG (1000rpg/66s), 2x20mm Type 99 cannon (60rpg/7sec)

Hurricane MkIIc
410km/h sea level, 540 at 5600m,
turn time 21s at 1000m
4x20mm Hispano (91rpg/8sec)

Sounds the the Rufe is Tinseltown if the Hurri can get nose position on him. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

LameDuck.
12-21-2005, 10:03 PM
100m...!? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif It's going to be a knife fight.
Hurricane=roll for advantage, I believe. I don't have the Rufe (yet) but going into it I'll bet it can't roll to save it's hide.
http://www.pinetreeline.org/rds/aphotos/rufe-1.jpg
Rufe=turn turn turn

These are neat, neural_dream. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Siwarrior
12-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Hurricane:
Firewall throttle, roll in behind enemy and blaze away http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Rufe:
chop throttle and skid in behind and blaze away ( i hope) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ColoradoBBQ
12-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Hurricane:

Use high speed climb, dive and B-Z the Rufe

Ruth:

Use superior climb, use slow speed to change heading quickly and when hurricane gets close, use tight loop, attack high.

neural_dream
12-21-2005, 11:44 PM
Don't you think the Rufe can risk diving a little bit and use one of the island's hills to get rid of the float?

The Hurri can either follow the Rufe or use the precious seconds to go higher and be on top http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. In the first case the Hurri may get in Rufe's 6, but if it doesn't down it quickly it will then have to face a faster and better rolling Rufe and all that at even lower altitudes, where the Hurri sucks anyway.
Any food for thought or am I still boring with my scenarios? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

chris455
12-21-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by neural_dream:
Don't you think the Rufe can risk diving a little bit and use one of the island's hills to get rid of the float?

The Hurri can either follow the Rufe or use the precious seconds to go higher and be on top http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. In the first case the Hurri may get in Rufe's 6, but if it doesn't down it quickly it will then have to face a faster and better rolling Rufe and all that at even lower altitudes, where the Hurri sucks anyway.
Any food for thought or am I still boring with my scenarios? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kamikaze attacks versus mountains are not altogether recommended. (Some mountains have one helluva climb rate. I know.)
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

neural_dream
12-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by chris455:
Kamikaze attacks versus mountains are not altogether recommended. (Some mountains have one helluva climb rate. I know.)
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
The risk goes to diving with a Hurri behind you.
Removing the float is trivial http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif.

Hawgdog
12-22-2005, 06:26 AM
It's not inconceivable they could have met in battle. Singapore, Malaya, perhaps Burma??

Spain, UK, Ohio, Florida, maybe Japan or Whales?
California, New York? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

chris455
12-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Hawgdog:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

It's not inconceivable they could have met in battle. Singapore, Malaya, perhaps Burma??

Spain, UK, Ohio, Florida, maybe Japan or Whales?
California, New York? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was I that far off, Hawgdawg or?????????? I beleive both types served in at least some of those areas.