PDA

View Full Version : DAMAGE MODELS!!

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 03:12 PM
I noticed in combat that many things are better now and repaired, but demage models on planes are worse than in 1.0 version of FB. For example lagg3 is shot on wings many times with FW190s 20mm guns and wings are intact...the same goes for some yaks... anyone can try it....if someone agrees with me pls write a post....
I hope it will be fixed.

Athlon xp +2100
radeon 9800 pro 128 ram
gva 7xp motherboad
1GB ram ddr400
80 Gb HDD
WIN XP os

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 03:12 PM
I noticed in combat that many things are better now and repaired, but demage models on planes are worse than in 1.0 version of FB. For example lagg3 is shot on wings many times with FW190s 20mm guns and wings are intact...the same goes for some yaks... anyone can try it....if someone agrees with me pls write a post....
I hope it will be fixed.

Athlon xp +2100
radeon 9800 pro 128 ram
gva 7xp motherboad
1GB ram ddr400
80 Gb HDD
WIN XP os

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 01:56 AM
I have noticed that the T9 on the P-39 seems a little weaker, as do the B-20s on the La-7, but they seem to be more realistic for some reaon. I dont have any data to say either way, but they just felt overdone in v1.0.

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 02:13 AM
dresarp wrote:
- I noticed in combat that many things are better now
- and repaired, but demage models on planes are worse
- than in 1.0 version of FB. For example lagg3 is shot
- on wings many times with FW190s 20mm guns and wings
- are intact...the same goes for some yaks... anyone
- can try it....if someone agrees with me pls write a
- post....
- I hope it will be fixed.

You want any more cheese with that whine?

Your FW can take a pounding from 20mm and even multiple hits from 30mm, and is practically immune to sub 12.7mm ammo. Sometimes you can't have the cake and eat it too.

http://www.redspar.com/redrogue/CraggerUbisig.jpg

About after 30 minutes I puked all over my airplane. I said to myself "Man, you made a big mistake." -Charles 'Chuck' Yeager, regards his first flight

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 08:54 AM
The 7.92mm on Bf-109's are still useless. You can empty the entire load into a Rata, for instance, it wil only go down if you get a PK. It is relatively small calibre ammunition, but no airplane that ever left the ground was built like a tank.

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 11:01 AM
I agree with crazy yuri.
If you shoot i 16 with 7,92mm...you cannot achive to shoot it down unless PK. I 16 is just very stubborn plane made of metal construction. But laggs and yaks'(yak-9d, 9) wings are made of wood if I am correct. Damage made by 7,92mm or 13mm should appear very quick like it does with yak 1. Even la 5 and 7 should get wing holes when fiered upon...

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 11:09 AM
And one more thing must I say for P 40 when shot on wings ..you get holes in the middle of a wing where machine guns ere placed ...you can see through wings but machine guns aren't there ...that problem is solved with IL2 ...you can see a big hole and a 23 or 37 mm gun installed ...but with P 40 you can see just nozzles of the guns ...but wings are empty .

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 11:17 AM
Yes I have a wish of little fine tuning:

LAGG3 -> Its body is nicely modeled, the engine will actually be damaged if U hit it...BUT...the wings of LAGG3 are quite strong, multiple hits from BF109s 20mm cannon don't even leave any damage marks to wings. Sometimes it seems that LAGG3 can take very much damage to its wings before it starts to show actual damage in flight modeling.

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 11:52 AM
i would say the LaGG is now more vulnerable than Yak, especially to fire from fuel tanks in wing roots. Very rarely I see Yak burning comparing to LaGG or P40.
And those MG17... offline I stopped engine of three P40s each with a short burst from <100m, but definitely it doesnâ´t work agaist other planes like Yaks or Ratas. and Fw is almost invulnerable to small MG fire.

<center>http://www.kurita.sk/PRIVATE/pictures/sig_il2.jpg