PDA

View Full Version : Will Ezio carry tons of weapons like Altaïr did?

Zackebacke
07-09-2009, 04:54 PM
I hope not. In the E3-demo he only had his hidden blades, and that's how I think it should be. What are your thoughts?

godsmack_darius
07-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Welcome to the forums Zackebacke

And yes AND no t your question

Ezio doesnt NEED to use weapons, you are master at Hand-to-hand combat so you don need weapons, you are based on counters so you can steal enem weapons from them.

So you could walk around with no weapons if you like and use just your hands OR you could walk around like a brute with lots of weapons, its all how you play the game

Zackebacke
07-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
So you could walk around with no weapons if you like and use just your hands OR you could walk around like a brute with lots of weapons, its all how you play the game
I'm a bit confused. Do you have a sheath that you can keep weapons in and do you unlock more weapons? :P

EmperorxZurg
07-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Ya u unlock more weapons through some unnamed system but when u steal the weapons from the guards u drop them quickly cause most of them are heavy. However, u can carry around some of the weapons but it's just easier to steal it from them when u need it

godsmack_darius
07-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Yes you will have a sheath for your weapons, but thats if you choose to have a weapon, for example

If you dont have a sword you wont have a your sheath, but if you choose to carry your sword with you, then you will have a sheath

Zackebacke
07-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
Yes you will have a sheath for your weapons, but thats if you choose to have a weapon, for example

If you dont have a sword you wont have a your sheath, but if you choose to carry your sword with you, then you will have a sheath
Ok! Thank you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Personally, I thought it was a bit weird blending in a couple of monks when you head weapons and stuff. Ruined the atmosphere for me. ^^

godsmack_darius
07-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Yep, but their will be a notorious level (How well known you ar ein the city your in)
So if your carring weapons guards will suspect you more

But if you choose jsut to go hand to hand and use the guards weapons against them then you will be less nortorious

And no problem dude, glad to help

Ureh
07-10-2009, 01:41 AM
Only hidden blades except when turning enemy weapons against themselves.

Shadowland69
07-10-2009, 06:41 AM
I was watching the game play trailer and i looked closely at his left hand side when he was on the building and it looked like he had a long sword or at least a sheath there, maybe it could be something else but it kinda looked like a sword/sheath......

If i get time 2moz ill try post a screenie...

Thanks ^^

Xanatos2007
07-10-2009, 07:06 AM
They said Ezio will be able to defeat guards with his bare hands, but I've never actually seen him do it. He's disarmed guards and killed them with their own weapons, but that's not really using his bare hands is it? Will Ezio be able to do Krav Maga or something? Now that I'd like to see in AC.

sacredmoon101
07-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Shadowland69: I was watching the game play trailer and i looked closely at his left hand side when he was on the building and it looked like he had a long sword or at least a sheath there, maybe it could be something else but it kinda looked like a sword/sheath......

Yeah, I thought I saw a sword, too. I couldn't really make it out well enough because the video I was watching was poor quality.

Xanatos2007
07-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Ezio did have a sword in a couple of screenshots, it looks like the first one you get in AC1. I didn't see any sheath though, probably just a belt loop.

caswallawn_2k7
07-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
They said Ezio will be able to defeat guards with his bare hands, but I've never actually seen him do it. He's disarmed guards and killed them with their own weapons, but that's not really using his bare hands is it? Will Ezio be able to do Krav Maga or something? Now that I'd like to see in AC. he kills sevral guards in the demo without using any weapons other than his hidden blades.

Zackebacke
07-10-2009, 11:46 AM
It really ruins the mood and just feels stupid if you decide to use your hands instead of a sword (that is, if you have a sword). I hope it's like Godsmack says, but is there any source for this claim?

Ureh
07-10-2009, 11:59 AM
I just hope that those limited edition weapons from Bloodlines don't affect the overall gameplay experience. That would be disappointing if it did because only people who buy Bloodlines will get to see cooler animations and more finishing moves.

moqqy
07-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
They said Ezio will be able to defeat guards with his bare hands, but I've never actually seen him do it. He's disarmed guards and killed them with their own weapons, but that's not really using his bare hands is it? Will Ezio be able to do Krav Maga or something? Now that I'd like to see in AC.

Why does it have to be "Krav Maga" or something? Can it just not be hand-to-hand fighting?

Ureh
07-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Was Krav Maga even around during the Renaissance? I remember reading in a magazine that it was created by someone who is still alive and it is primarily practiced in Israelian Army. But maybe it did exist during the Renaissance time by a different name. But unless Krav Maga looks really cool, I probably don't want it in the game.

Zackebacke
07-10-2009, 10:26 PM
According to Wikipedia, they used a fighting style called janna.

"For unarmed combat, the Hashshashin practiced a fighting style called Janna which incorporated striking techniques, grappling and low kicks. However, under no circumstances did they commit suicide, preferring to be killed by their enemies once the assassination had taken place"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashshashin

There is no source, though.

Xanatos2007
07-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Krav Maga wasn't around during the Renaissance, but neither was Parkour and, for all we know, firearms. I suggested Krav Maga because it's all about neutralizing your opponent as quickly as possible without harming yourself. Seems like the type of H2H style an Assassin would use.

EmperorxZurg
07-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Ya the firearm Ezio has was actually made exactly his time. And plain pistols b4 that even. tho there accuracy suked

Xanatos2007
07-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Heh, yeah. Effective range: 2m.

EmperorxZurg
07-11-2009, 01:00 AM
exactly! now u have a choice. jump the 2 meters like some health nut or just shoot him and relax

Stormpen
07-11-2009, 06:14 AM
I hope Ezio has the throwing knives, I love those things...

Guard: INFIDEL!!!!SCUM!!!SA (throwning knife)*ach* (dies)

AL: You were saying?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

moqqy
07-11-2009, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Zackebacke:

"For unarmed combat, the Hashshashin practiced a fighting style called Janna which incorporated striking techniques, grappling and low kicks. However, under no circumstances did they commit suicide, preferring to be killed by their enemies once the assassination had taken place"

Janna is complete fantasy, it doesn't exist anywhere else but Wikipedia. The second part about suicide is wrong, too.

Xanatos2007
07-11-2009, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zackebacke:

Janna is complete fantasy, it doesn't exist anywhere else but Wikipedia. The second part about suicide is wrong, too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Stormpen
07-11-2009, 06:53 AM
^lol

Cornik22
07-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Wooooow, I see a lot of misinformation in this thread. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif Let me clear things out for you.

First of all, I wouldnīt say "tons of weapons" when Altair only had a sword, a dagger, throwing knifes and the hidden blade during the whole game. Fortunately, there will be "tons of weapons" in AC2, with at least 12 confirmed.

In the E3-demo he only had his hidden blades, and that's how I think it should be
Nope. he has his light sword with him, but he doesnīt use it.

No, not really. You will always carry the double hidden blades, a sword, a dagger (later in the game), throwing knives and non weapons like smoke bombs. When fighting, you will be able to choose between:

a) Use your own weapons against the enemies
b) steal the enemyīs weapons and use them against them (here are all kind of things. Daggers, swords, pikes, hammers, ...)
c) Use your body (punches, kicks, headbutts, ...) and / or hidden blades.

You can combine all/some of them if you want. This way every fight will always have something different, but that is up to you.

when u steal the weapons from the guards u drop them quickly cause most of them are heavy
You should drop them after the fight if you donīt wan to get too notorious walking around with an axe in your hands.

They said Ezio will be able to defeat guards with his bare hands, but I've never actually seen him do it
You will http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif There will be even combos, just like when you use weapons.

I hope Ezio has the throwing knives, I love those things.
I love them, too! The only diffrence is that in AC2 youīll have to buy them (thanks to the new economic system).

Zackebacke
07-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Cornik22:
No, not really. You will always carry the double hidden blades, a sword, a dagger (later in the game), throwing knives and non weapons like smoke bombs.
Aaaaaw... I can't find any motivation to use my bare hands when I have access to a sword.

Zackebacke
07-11-2009, 11:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zackebacke:

Janna is complete fantasy, it doesn't exist anywhere else but Wikipedia. The second part about suicide is wrong, too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't know... I can't find any real sources about Janna, only Jahoo Answers, lol.
http://answers.yahoo.com/quest...0090506185011AAjvtTj (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090506185011AAjvtTj)

moqqy
07-11-2009, 02:28 PM
First, Cornik, how do you know you will always carry your sword around? Quote, plzz.

And Zacke, I know. Your link is about as unconvincing as can be. The one answering doesn't know anything about the hashashin. It's incredible how much BS he could fit in there.

OniLinkSword
07-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Krav Maga wasn't around during the Renaissance, but neither was Parkour and, for all we know, firearms. Parkour, by name, wasn't around. However, The human body was able to pull off these move for a long time. Some people theorize that something like Parkour was used in hunter-gatherer days as a way of quickly running through forests and such. There have been a few similar disciplines in history. Firearms did exist then, but they were mostly in China. A gun that small could theoretical exist with the technology available, but it would be improbable.

EmperorxZurg
07-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Well actually pistols were first invented in Italy in the early 15th century in pistoia, so given that this is late 15th century, the assassins basicly had 75 years to just mix it with a hidden blade. so they probably just used the idea of the bayonet and used there hidden blade technology to advance it. So it would be plenty ready for as soon as Ezio needed it

Cornik22
07-11-2009, 05:48 PM
First, Cornik, how do you know you will always carry your sword around? Quote, plzz.
Are you kidding me? You want proof? How about, I donīt know... maybe every SINGLE picture with Ezio in it? Ezio has a sword specially designed for him, resembling a katana. Iīve never seen an enemy with a sword like that, plus there is a picture where you can see Ezio fighting with his sword. Why is that so hard to believe? Is just like in AC: Sword, dagger and throwing knives always with you.

EmperorxZurg
07-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Ya that's an italian sabre, the unique hilt and shape of the sword are exactly the same

moqqy
07-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Cornik22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">First, Cornik, how do you know you will always carry your sword around? Quote, plzz.
Are you kidding me? You want proof? How about, I donīt know... maybe every SINGLE picture with Ezio in it? Ezio has a sword specially designed for him, resembling a katana. Iīve never seen an enemy with a sword like that, plus there is a picture where you can see Ezio fighting with his sword. Why is that so hard to believe? Is just like in AC: Sword, dagger and throwing knives always with you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are YOU kidding? That's your proof? And you go stating it around like a fact?

Danvish
07-12-2009, 01:43 AM
The term Krav Maga is in use in the English language? 'Cause I'm from Israel and I was like "WTF, how the hell they know what Krav Maga is???"

Xanatos2007
07-12-2009, 02:41 AM
I do Krav Maga- well, I know the basics anyway. It seems like the type of fighting style an Assassin would use. Everybody here says "no, it wasn't around during that time period." But neither was Parkour, at least not officially. It seems even more likely seeing as Ezio's ancestors (Altair in particular) are from Israel.

By the way, is it pronounced 'Krav Maaa-ga (long A)' or 'Krav Ma-ga (short A)'? 'Cause I've heard it pronounced both ways.

Zackebacke
07-12-2009, 08:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cornik22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">First, Cornik, how do you know you will always carry your sword around? Quote, plzz.
Are you kidding me? You want proof? How about, I donīt know... maybe every SINGLE picture with Ezio in it? Ezio has a sword specially designed for him, resembling a katana. Iīve never seen an enemy with a sword like that, plus there is a picture where you can see Ezio fighting with his sword. Why is that so hard to believe? Is just like in AC: Sword, dagger and throwing knives always with you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are YOU kidding? That's your proof? And you go stating it around like a fact? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't know... He is right, every single picture of Ezio he has a sword hanging from his hip. :/

Xanatos2007
07-12-2009, 08:49 AM
So? Every single picture of AC1 we saw (up till about 3 months before it came out) didn't have Altair with his short blade. Hopefully we'll get to choose to carry a sword or not.

caswallawn_2k7
07-12-2009, 08:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cornik22:

Are YOU kidding? That's your proof? And you go stating it around like a fact? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't know... He is right, every single picture of Ezio he has a sword hanging from his hip. :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
and in the trailer for AC1 he had a cross bow http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Zackebacke
07-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:

I don't know... He is right, every single picture of Ezio he has a sword hanging from his hip. :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
and in the trailer for AC1 he had a cross bow http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True.
Why was it removed, btw?

Charlie_Romeo
07-12-2009, 10:03 AM
@Zack im pritty sure the throwing knives replaced the cross-bow a shame if u ask me the knivees are awesome but who dosent want to shoot a cross-bow

Danvish
07-12-2009, 10:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:

and in the trailer for AC1 he had a cross bow http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True.
Why was it removed, btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I read, the Hashashin didn't use Crossbow/bow since it's not 100% sure deadly. Thought I don't remember I read about them using throwing knives.

Zackebacke
07-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Danvish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:

True.

From what I read, the Hashashin didn't use Crossbow/bow since it's not 100% sure deadly. Thought I don't remember I read about them using throwing knives. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Imo ranged weapons should not be in the game. ^^

moqqy
07-12-2009, 11:46 AM

True.

From what I read, the Hashashin didn't use Crossbow/bow since it's not 100% sure deadly. Thought I don't remember I read about them using throwing knives. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Using a crossbow is a lot deadlier than rushing in trying to stab the guy with a dagger.

Xanatos2007
07-12-2009, 12:04 PM
No, not really. Not that sized crossbow anyway, wouldn't penetrate that far. Besides, the hidden blade is soooooooo much cooler.

Zackebacke
07-12-2009, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danvish:

True.

Using a crossbow is a lot deadlier than rushing in trying to stab the guy with a dagger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Stabbing in the throat > Shooting an arrow that could miss.
And the Hashsahsins liked to strike fear into the people, so all assassinations were made in public.

moqqy
07-12-2009, 12:48 PM
He was talking about the real life assassins, so obviously they would use the "best sized" crossbow if they really wanted... and for that matter, as long as the crossbow isn't the size of a mouse, it's most likely more lethal than a dagger.

Angelo_di_Rios
07-12-2009, 02:13 PM
My guess is you can keep your weapons in di Vince place, or another save place to store them in.

From the look of the E3 gameplay video it looks like you'll always be caring three weapons with you at all times, this includes the two hidden blades and one sword. And from the CG trailer you'll also have the hidden gun.

But you can always take enemies weapons and toss them when you want too. I hope that caring certain weapons makes you slower, so it will give the option of having the weapon to fight or discarding it to run away.

Plus you can carry items like the smoke bomb.

Danvish
07-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Angelo_di_Rios:
My guess is you can keep your weapons in di Vince place, or another save place to store them in.

From the look of the E3 gameplay video it looks like you'll always be caring three weapons with you at all times, this includes the two hidden blades and one sword. And from the CG trailer you'll also have the hidden gun.

But you can always take enemies weapons and toss them when you want too. I hope that caring certain weapons makes you slower, so it will give the option of having the weapon to fight or discarding it to run away.

Plus you can carry items like the smoke bomb.

How did you come to the conclusion that you'll always carry a sword? All we saw is a single mission, and it won't even be in the game in its current structure... so I'm not sure you always have to carry a sword with you.

And about the thing with the crossbow, I disagree with you Moqqy, an arrow from 50 meters is less deadlier than a dagger aimed at the throat/heart. Since the people back there mostly used an armor, an arrow wouldn't go far unless aimed to the head, and that's hard as hell from 50 meters. Also, Zackebacke is right about the part that Assassins used to make their executions in public.

moqqy
07-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Yeah, but we are talking about real life situations. Sure, a dagger is theoretically more deadly if you're talking about stabbing a dummy.

When you take into account that your target is guarded by bodyguards, is most probably skilled in combat himself, you're someone with no training and he is probably wearing some kind of armor...

caswallawn_2k7
07-14-2009, 12:53 PM
armour isnt so great, plate tends to puncture with sharp objects and no matter how good armour is there will always be joints in it leaving gaps to stab.

Danvish
07-14-2009, 12:55 PM
I agree, and yet it contradicts the part about Assassins always killing their target face to face and never from a distance. (When I say target, I mean the main target, it's possible they used distant weapons for guards etc). The point is, let's say you shoot an archer from 50 meters, but you don't kill him, and he starts screaming "I'VE BEEN HIT, I'VE BEEN HIT". That will immediately ruin any option for assassination since your primary target would run away and all the guards will be looking for you and the assassins can't allow it.

moqqy
07-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Caswallan, I never said armor makes you invincible. But if you have to search for joints when ten angry guards try to kill you and your opponent is just about to chop your head off..

Danvish, how does it contradict anything?

caswallawn_2k7
07-14-2009, 03:31 PM
my point was if you learnt to fight against armourd troops you would know these joints and beable to pick them out fast, asl as said with plate armour if you have the strenth a knife/sword would go straight through it, plate is only realy effective against slash and blunt damage. it's why if you are going to run through a bunch of archers you are better with chain mail as it has a much higher sab resistant but generaly more gaps as it is seen as a light armour.

so realy running round with a knife could get you a long way asuming you were trained to fight like that.

moqqy
07-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Yes, you'd pick them out fast.. but not as fast as if he was unarmored.

It might get you a long way, but you have to be lucky.

sm312
07-14-2009, 03:39 PM
I think it will mainly be the hidden blades, gun, and the sword it was one of the most useful but hidden blades were first since well tjey were hidden IMO

Danvish
07-15-2009, 12:49 AM
Caswallan, I never said armor makes you invincible. But if you have to search for joints when ten angry guards try to kill you and your opponent is just about to chop your head off..

Danvish, how does it contradict anything?

Since using an arrow from a distance, and then fleeing, won't have the same sheer terror effect of stabbing him infront of all the people and then escape.

moqqy
07-15-2009, 02:30 AM
You make 0 sense. First you ramble about lethality, now it's the terror effect?

Danvish
07-15-2009, 03:08 AM
You make 0 sense. First you ramble about lethality, now it's the terror effect?

Why 0 sense? I've never said they didn't use distand weapons because of a single reason.
All I'm saying is they had few reasons why not using A crossbow: the fact it's less lethal than a blade (at least that's my opinion) is one of them, the fact that it doesn't creat the same effect as close-range killing is another, and I guess there are few more.

moqqy
07-15-2009, 03:45 AM
It was a calling card of theirs, that's why they used a dagger.

Zackebacke
07-15-2009, 08:12 AM
The Assassins used hidden blades and not crossbows. End of story. They could use a crossbow, but chose not to.

moqqy
07-15-2009, 09:33 AM
They didn't use hidden blades and yes, they could have used forks as their weapons but didn't.. point being?

Ps3Ownzu1243
07-16-2009, 08:26 PM
He will have the wepons, yes. but he doesnt need them.

Danvish
07-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Ps3Ownzu1243:

Wha?..

Zackebacke
07-17-2009, 03:29 AM
They didn't use hidden blades and yes, they could have used forks as their weapons but didn't.. point being?
I don't know. I don't even know why people are talking about crossbows and ****.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ps3Ownzu1243:

Wha?.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Since you can disarm your enemies, you don't need your own sword.

Danvish
07-17-2009, 03:54 AM
Oh he was talking about the topic, I forgot about that in the all discussion about the crossbow http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif