PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of guards Health Bars!!!

crash3
05-31-2011, 10:49 AM
I think the health bars/dots floating above guards' heads should be removed because:

1. they show us how strong a guard is
2. they flash when they are about to attack

both these features make the combat incredibly predictable, ubisoft dont be afraid to make the combat more challenging!!

i would like to see combat where i dont know my opponents strengths and weaknesses so i have to try out different moves to test for weaknesses. this would also be enhanced if there are no clear archetypes with specific moves which i also thought made the combat too predictable

if combat is less predictable it will be more challenging and exciting

Xanatos2007
05-31-2011, 10:50 AM
You can turn them off (and other HUD elements) in the Options/Settings menu.

crash3
05-31-2011, 10:57 AM
i know, but i think the point that im trying to make is that we need more unpredictability in terms of combat

any ideas on how combat can be made less predictble?

i think a better alternative to the health bars would be to see physical wounds on the guards, the worse they are, the closer to death that guard is, if you get me. it would also look less cartoonish to see proper wounds instead of a decreasing health bar

itsamea-mario
05-31-2011, 10:59 AM
Lasers?

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Ac was better :P every guards was able to recive normal attacks and to counter attack, however the templars counter attacked more often..

We didn't see his health...

We didn't see a bar over their heads when we are trying to avoid them...

It was really better than ac2/b...

At ac1 u had to look arround and see who can spot you not like in ac2 that the game it self tells you...

Turkiye96
05-31-2011, 12:06 PM
they should remove it BUT make sure that we can turn it on or off from the animus menu

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:
they should remove it BUT make sure that we can turn it on or off from the animus menu

and make the yellow red system back :P it was much better than how it's now!

Oatkeeper
05-31-2011, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Turkiye96:

and make the yellow red system back :P it was much better than how it's now! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I think the bigger problem is Notoriety, in addition to being stupid with only having two levels, only effects how a quick a gaurd notices you and not how they present themselves in the environment. miss seeing patrols in AC1 with weapons already out that will attack on sight.

I wouldnt mind seeing the press A to blend walk come back. I find pickpocketing useless and thats one thing I loved about the MP was how walk vs Fastwalk was handled

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 11:41 PM
After playing Ac1, If I go on 2 or brotherhood I automatically press a and end up pickpocketing everyone!

But yeah, get rid of the health bars and let us determine their health by their physical appearance, like being out of breath or just being all bloody and stuff.

Echo Yin
06-01-2011, 12:06 AM
right, developers could add a function which players can manufacturally choose to show the health bar or not.

crash3
06-01-2011, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
Ac was better :P every guards was able to recive normal attacks and to counter attack, however the templars counter attacked more often..

We didn't see his health...

We didn't see a bar over their heads when we are trying to avoid them...

It was really better than ac2/b...

At ac1 u had to look arround and see who can spot you not like in ac2 that the game it self tells you...

i agree

iN3krO
06-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Turkiye96:

and make the yellow red system back :P it was much better than how it's now! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I think the bigger problem is Notoriety, in addition to being stupid with only having two levels, only effects how a quick a gaurd notices you and not how they present themselves in the environment. miss seeing patrols in AC1 with weapons already out that will attack on sight.

I wouldnt mind seeing the press A to blend walk come back. I find pickpocketing useless and thats one thing I loved about the MP was how walk vs Fastwalk was handled </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the blend walk is not anymore needed if u mix with some citzens (which i think is much better and usefull)... Plus, ezio outfit wouldn't match into blend...

I've never removed the bar above ppl heads when i'm following them and other things cuz the game it self don't have another way of saying "you are exposed" like in Ac1 where you can hear a sound and see the red eye upper left that warmed you... it was also better...

I've never talked about this cuz i can live with these but i can't live with umbalanced things... let's make the umbalanced features have priority and when ubisoft fixes it let's focus os second-priority features like this one...

Now i see ppl agreeing with me, i feel at home haha :P

crash3
06-01-2011, 09:30 AM
maybe as a replacement to filling up arrows above guards heads, there could just bea yellow circle that fills up around your minimap and when it fills up it turns red

anyone who plays the SABOTEUR will know what im talking about

cless711
06-01-2011, 02:19 PM
The Templars in AC1 could really destroy you if you weren't careful, especially if you were surrounded by them (E.g. The mission where you had to kill Robert)

crash3
06-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by cless711:
The Templars in AC1 could really destroy you if you weren't careful, especially if you were surrounded by them (E.g. The mission where you had to kill Robert)

i remember that,i loved that mission, it was so exciting i thought, i love the challenge, and it was pretty satisfying after killing robert de sable. in fact i think i was more satisfied killing robert than killing cesare

IIwangcarsII
06-02-2011, 01:39 PM
I would laugh sooo hard if ubisoft made the guards too hard to defeat just to say you to everyone complainin'
<span class="ev_code_RED">Do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

crash3
06-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
I would laugh sooo hard if ubisoft made the guards too hard to defeat just to say you to everyone complainin'

that certainly would send a strong message, anyway they shouldnt be afraid of making a game challenging, just as long as it is genuinely challengng not annoyingly challenging if you get me

IIwangcarsII
06-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Yeah I get what you mean. I'm all up for a challenge lol

masterfenix2009
06-03-2011, 05:14 AM
I think it would be better if we had a difficulty selector. You know: easy,normal, hard. I personally don't like my games hard. I don't see the joy in throwing my controller at the tv because it is to hard

AMuppetMatt
06-03-2011, 05:30 AM
The giant red things that are over their heads the entire time...

RoyalAssassin23
06-03-2011, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
The giant red things that are over their heads the entire time...

Yh just watched a video on youtube and remembered.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

iN3krO
06-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:

DO IT PLEASE! xD I would defeat the hardest guards even if they were 50, i would play 3 days to do it but i would finish doing it, cuz i love to beat challenges!

crash3
06-03-2011, 12:53 PM
lovin the enthusiasm dan, i hope ubisoft show us some of the combat for ACR at E3 and hopefully it will be more exciting and challenging i just hope that one year has been enough to make decent improvements in both gameplay and storyline

iN3krO
06-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by crash3:
lovin the enthusiasm dan, i hope ubisoft show us some of the combat for ACR at E3 and hopefully it will be more exciting and challenging i just hope that one year has been enough to make decent improvements in both gameplay and storyline

i'm at one point that i doubt that, but i still have some faith that they listen to us http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

This game will decide the future of the franchise, if they fail they will lose most of the fans :S

Do u have steam? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif