PDA

View Full Version : Has the G940 reversal bug been fixed yet? If not, best 'new' stick out there?

Mysticpuma2003
04-27-2011, 03:11 AM
I have read a lot about the 'bug' and see that there is new firmware.

I currently use a Fully Modded Thrustmaster Cougar (hall sensors and gimbals), but want to get a second stick for my Son's PC. I can't afford another modded Cougar and the 940 certainly interests me, but I hear that the 'reversal' bug is a nightmare?

If that is the case, I am looking at either the X65 or Warthog, but I do like the look and features of the 940 first.

Appreciate thoughts?

Cheers, MP

ytareh
04-27-2011, 05:42 AM
Well I was a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro zealot for best part of a decade but have been converted by the Hall effect sensors in the X and Y axes of the Thrustmaster T16000M everything about it is a compromise compared with the Logitech BUT the precision is second to none !PS I tried and hated a HOTAS Cougar ,seriously a mega money stick that you have to spend MORE money on to get 'right'!?

Mysticpuma2003
04-27-2011, 06:57 AM
Well, I spent the money and tbh the Cougar is simply outstanding once modded....but unless my son wants to pay for one, he's not getting the same!

I'll check out the Thrustmaster T16000M but I was hoping to get a stick with a separate Throttle.

Cheers, MP

FishCookie
04-27-2011, 07:01 AM
Yeah the Reversal bug is present in all axes apart from the Hall sensor equipped stick x,y. Rudders, trim and throttle are all whoefully imprecise when making small adjustments. It's dead and buried now, there is very little chance these issues will be addressed officially. Caveat emptor is Logitech's high end product moto.
Some people have rewired the throttle and peddles using Bodnar boards to good effect which begs the question; why are Logitech neutering this product in firmware?

gothkrieger
04-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Anybody have any thoughts on the X65 as I have been considering getting one.

skarden
04-28-2011, 09:11 PM
I just got the Thrustmaster Warthog about 2 weeks ago and have been using it a lot and I really can't recommend it enough.Really really great stick,it feels nice and heavy too which is a nice change from old x-52 it's also very smooth and accurate featuring Hall effect sensors in all axes,you certainly won't be wanting for buttons either,it has squillions,that coupled with the excellent T.A.R.G.E.T software (which is quiet easy to get your head around) you can program it to do everthing you need it to do.

If you can afford it IMHO it's the best out there atm http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Stiletto-
04-29-2011, 12:22 AM
I think the X65 is quite unpopular, atleast with the prop sim crowd. I have not heard anything good about the force sensing stick it comes with, even for jet sims. It seems to be completely unnatural and a hindrance but maybe someone here has experienced it first hand and can tell you if they think its good or bad.