PDA

View Full Version : Possible to record voice in a .TRK file in single player?



wazooda
12-24-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm helping to teach a friend how to fly 1946.

We connect online in the dogfight mode but I usually wax him as I've been flying sims for years. He wants me to record a .TRK file of my flights when in single player so he can study them.

I saw in the manual that voice is recorded to multiplayer TRK files. Is it possible in a single player environment? Single player situations, I think, are easier for training someone else as I can easily set up scenarios with the mission builder.... but would like him to here my commentary as I fly.

TIA!

Wazoo

Mr_Zooly
12-24-2008, 03:46 PM
instead of actually shooting the poor guy down how about using voice comms to let him/her know when mistakes are being made in real time?
I did this a while ago while helping a new pilot and he eventualy learned that flaps are a useful element in a turning dogfight (mainly due to the fact I kept shouting FLAPS!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif)
It can be kind of hard learning a complete beginner because what comes natural to a pro takes a long time for a new player, it can unfortunately turn some new players off our wonderful hobby.

K_Freddie
12-25-2008, 12:57 AM
If you use Teamspeak, you can record all chatter on the your voice channel.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

wazooda
12-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Zooly:
instead of actually shooting the poor guy down how about using voice comms to let him/her know when mistakes are being made in real time?
I did this a while ago while helping a new pilot and he eventualy learned that flaps are a useful element in a turning dogfight (mainly due to the fact I kept shouting FLAPS!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif)
It can be kind of hard learning a complete beginner because what comes natural to a pro takes a long time for a new player, it can unfortunately turn some new players off our wonderful hobby.

LOL! Well... I probably overstated my skills and understated his. We've flown Falcon 4 together for a long time now.... but the flight models of a prop sim + no BVR fighting really make BFM and ACM vitally important.

So.... when I'm engaged in a fight pulling lag, pure, or lead pursuit and executing high yo-yo's to keep from overshooting, it is MUCH more helpful to have him play back my TRK so he can actually see my head movements with TrackIR. I'm not good enough to do give instruction from his perspective during a fight. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

wazooda
12-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by K_Freddie:
If you use Teamspeak, you can record all chatter on the your voice channel.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

We use cell phones to talk during flight.... but even if we used TS or Vent, how could you sync up the sound?

T_O_A_D
12-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Not in Single player, as far as I know.

But you can make a Coop and build the mission and fly it by yourself, just like a Single player mission. and record your voice. I do it all the time for training.

Just be aware that its not the best quality sound.
Here is an example (http://home.mchsi.com/%7Et_o_a_d/V228PT_TOAD_P39_G4.zip)
Of one I turned into JO for grade training.

K_Freddie
12-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by wazooda:
... but even if we used TS or Vent, how could you sync up the sound?

A film editor, or WMM.
Otherwise I gather you want to have it on the .ntrk file - never tried that - sorry

crucislancer
12-26-2008, 09:42 AM
I think the best thing to do is make a co-op or DF mission and you will have your comms on the ntrk with the in game "radio".

rnzoli
12-26-2008, 10:49 AM
yes, the in-game radio is recorded on the online .ntrk files, perfectly sycnhed to the ongoing events

gorkyporky
12-26-2008, 02:10 PM
What if you record the track first and then just narrate the whole thing.

wazooda
12-26-2008, 02:19 PM
If I create an online mission, if I create a server on the computer I am flying and no one else connects, will it *still* record my voice?

rnzoli
12-26-2008, 03:17 PM
just tried it, yes, it will still record your voice, while you are alone on your own server

as the in-game radio is not so frequently used, make sure to set up the radio to push-to-talk, and before you start recording, tune yourself to the common channel (chat + . + one arrow down)

you should see a confrimation on the right side HUD message "radio COMMON" and the when you press your PTT assigned button, the small mic symbol in upper right corner changes color

this means your voice is captured, and if the track recording is running, it will be recorded as well

just don't be surprised - it's radio quality http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif quite immersive

not that smooth and phone quality TS you can hear all over the place http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif