PDA

View Full Version : WEP in Me109s

clipped_spit
06-18-2006, 06:39 PM
All,

On some planes, for example the Tempest, the WEP mode seems to really impact the power of the aircraft in a positive manner.

But on some of the earlier Me109s the GM system doesn't seem to have any effect and worse, in some variants after trying it the engine seems to have lost a chunk of power.

Has anyone else seen this?

thx
RP

clipped_spit
06-18-2006, 06:39 PM
All,

On some planes, for example the Tempest, the WEP mode seems to really impact the power of the aircraft in a positive manner.

But on some of the earlier Me109s the GM system doesn't seem to have any effect and worse, in some variants after trying it the engine seems to have lost a chunk of power.

Has anyone else seen this?

thx
RP

FritzGryphon
06-18-2006, 06:45 PM
On planes with MW50, the WEP must be engaged when the throttle is low. >50% or so.

Turning on MW50 while at high throttle will cause the motor to break down. It's best just to enable MW50 before you take off, and leave it on the whole time (it will only actually inject MW50 when you throttle above 100%). You have, I believe, a 26 minute supply of MW50. More than you would ever use in a single sortie.

GM1 nitrous must only be used at altitudes 6000m or greater. Lower, and it will cause the motor to break down. The speed boost is a significant 80km/h to top speed at high altitude.

All other 109s have 110% throttle, which increases power like normal.

clipped_spit
06-19-2006, 06:12 AM
thank-you for explaining this!

now I am off to my fav Me109 scenario