PDA

View Full Version : Save system

MTXteerling
09-07-2006, 08:19 AM
Hey, will AC come to the 36... just kidding. (don't ban me,aaaaaaah, pleeaeaeaease.)
hm, right, now that that's behind me. The real question ensues(?). How do you guys think the save system will work. Do you think it will be
- a la chaos theory: choose your own time and place to save for an unlimited amount of times.
- hitman: save anywhere but for a limited amount of times
- like pandora tomorrow: checkpoint saves. i.e. after you spotted the mark, after you killed the mark and after you finish the mission.
- or start a mission and end the mission in one go, and you only get to save after you finished the mission.
I'm wondering. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

silentassasin05
09-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Most probably, free roaming with safe houses where you can save, ala, GTA.

Lhorkan
09-07-2006, 09:09 AM
I hope it's like as good as any game. Save where ever you want, unlimited.

OH_DragonBoy
09-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Save wherever, like the JAK games, but checkpoints ALWAYS go back to before the kill, unless the assassination has been completed 100% successfully. Even if you save afterwards, since the whole point is NOT that you do the kill, stop for a cup of tea and a cigar (I don't smoke, but come on! Cigars are cool!) and then run off a couple days later with the guards in hot pursuit.
You make the kill, and then you run. And then you get high with your Hashashin buddies.

SpyderNynja
09-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by OH_DragonBoy:
You make the kill, and then you run. And then you get high with your Hashashin buddies.

lol I agree.

Fates.Dark.Hand
09-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Yeah, different contacts met, to talk with to save your psotion in the game. i wouldnt expect A la Metal Gear Solid saves http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

xasspenx
09-08-2006, 04:51 PM
available saving at any spot/point in the game. i hate games like halo cause the levels are long and u can only quit when u reach a checkpoint but for some unknown reason i can never come back to that check point when i start up the game again...

FragKing1
09-08-2006, 09:13 PM
The saving system is crucial to this game! That's what ruined Dead Rising for me...it needs to be whenever you want but ALSO a fair amount of checkpoints each mission so that (like me) if you forget to save the game it will do it for you and you won't feel like destroying your controller all of the time.

butni
09-11-2006, 08:34 PM
probably either
-Some sort of checkpoint type thing (ie: pop-waterfountains)
-Specific People ( like Fences[people you sell stolen goods to])
-His house (if he has one)

HorTyS
09-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by FragKing1:
The saving system is crucial to this game! That's what ruined Dead Rising for me...it needs to be whenever you want but ALSO a fair amount of checkpoints each mission so that (like me) if you forget to save the game it will do it for you and you won't feel like destroying your controller all of the time.

Same thing with me, the saving in DR was HORRIBLE!!! hopefully it's either a save anywhere from the pause screen, or something like Prince of Persia/ GTA where there are designated spots you can go to and choose to save...

Robbinho1992
09-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by FragKing1:
you won't feel like destroying your controller all of the time.

Off topic but my brothers do that all the time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

H_Eagle
09-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Like PoP would be good, save at specific locations. It fits more in this game and is more challenging http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Robbinho1992
09-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Depends on type of game.
If its free roaming and allows you to go places inbetween missions, i suggest a gta way.
But if its just missions after mission and cut scenes then like PoP

ameshockey3
09-13-2006, 10:08 AM
my guess is that it will be like gta(safe house),or god of war(after you go so far)

IoNoobMaster
09-15-2006, 12:26 PM
I hope the save mode will be somthing like you save youre progres but when you load you wil start from "The assassin's club house" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

scorpio_11
09-15-2006, 01:41 PM
I would like the checkpoints or the save thing like SC:CT...

OH_DragonBoy
09-15-2006, 02:04 PM
In games like GTA, I find the Save at your Apartment thing really annoying, as it meant that you had to first drive all the way across town to get there, and you also had to drive all the way BACK just to even start the job you failed if you want to start the mission again with weapons.

So, No there.

Save at specific points...same deal. And if they're just spread across the city, they can be placed at pretty obscure areas of the map, or when you're somewhere you've never been before...what are you gonna do when you don't know where to go to save, or when the only save point is behind a wall of angry guards?

No there, too.

And, when you get to save wherever you like...it just makes the game too easy. Or, it can be too hard. What if you save, unbeknownst to yourself, right in front of an arrow headed for your heart. Don't say it doesn't happen, because it happened to a friend of mine. You don't know that its heading for you, so you just save over your normal save file to avoid taking up space. Suddenly, whoops! Every time you load the game, you bit the bullet (or arrow as the case may be).

I'm still with the JAK system. Let me explain again for those of you who decided not to read my post:
You can save wherever you like, but it doesn't really make a difference, as the checkpoints save the game automatically, and so, whenever you load the game, you'll load at the checkpoints. And you can do this in missions, or out of them, but you can't do it just half way through a certain segment. So...you can't save the game right after killing just in case you screw up the running. You have to do the kill again and again until you can do it all in one go. May not SOUND like fun, but it's a lot easier, as you don't have to go to a save screen every ten minutes, or TRY to get to one every other hour.

But...whatever. It doesn't matter all that much to me how the game should work save-wise. I just think that this system is the best fitted to the game.