PDA

View Full Version : Creating Wolfpacks in Mission Editor

TonyPiech
06-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Here's a quote below, a Q & A, from the development team when they were communicating with the forum members:

63. (HeibgesU999): With the Mission Editor, will we be able to place specific AI U-boats into a Wolfpack, and set AI level for each AI uboat separately? For instance, a wolfpack comprised of the Player U-boat, AI U-boat U-99 with Ace AI level, 3 U-boats with Veteren AI level, and 4 uboats with Rookie AI Level.
(Devteam): Yep, you will be able to do all that stuff.

I'd like to find a mission similar to the one described in the above quote. I'm just clueless on how to use the mission editor, even after reading the pdf file on mission editor usage.

Does anyone know of a link to a website that has such a mission or one comparable?

JU88
06-17-2005, 03:37 PM
For umpteenth time, no wolf packs!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Basically they didnt get time to program AI code for submarines. So any U-boats you place in the mission editor that arn't human controlled, will just sit in-game there twidling their Iron thumbs.

All is not lost though, I am 90% confident on these two things.

1) There will be an expansion for SH3 (its sold enough to warrent it), and devs have already said -in not so many words- that there will be, and talked about how they wanted to add loads more content.

2)I think there will be sub AI in the expansion.
Im sure the devs are well of aware of the omissions of wolf packs and milkcows and im sure they really WANT to add them to the game as much as us players want them.
From what I gather, the only reason it wasnt present in the orginal release, is because they ran out of time.
The game was already delayed once - by the creation of the dynamic campaign and the huge task of making the world map with all its ports, these two things were NOT planned for SH3 during its early stages.
Ask any one here if they would rather trade the dynamic campaign for wolfpacks instead.... guess what they will tell you.

Dont worry, we might have to pay for wolf packs , milkcows and allied subs but they will appear.... eventually.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TonyPiech
06-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the response JU, guess we'll get this in an expansion pack. Hopefully they'll update the mission editor or the instructions on how to use the mission editor in the expansion pack.