PDA

View Full Version : Game complete ask me questions

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:12 PM
yar yar yar dont bang on about how and when check my card CRS2006.

Im here to answer your questions for one night only cos im bored.

FacedJared
11-13-2007, 06:13 PM
bored with Assassin's Creed?

MiniAssasin
11-13-2007, 06:15 PM
summin i want to know. you know the cgi trailer we were shown with the bell tower and he assasinates someoneone then blends with the monks.

then theres one with templars around a table

are cgi scenes like that in the game or is it all ingame base cutscens

crsnwby
No.. its got a lot of replay value because you can spand ages killing th guards and if your not a noob you can stop using RB and counter attack to liven it up a bit.

xtremboarder17
I'd just like to know how long it took you to complete the game?

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
summin i want to know. you know the cgi trailer we were shown with the bell tower and he assasinates someoneone then blends with the monks.

All of the footage is from in game GFX as long as you have a HDTV. but you wont play around the Templar table.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by xtremboarder17:
I'd just like to know how long it took you to complete the game?

Its pretty long I spent the last 2 nights on it. Coould have been longer but its only because I had to do work the next day so I rekon around 15 hours.

cooldude6681
11-13-2007, 06:18 PM
So far we haven't heard anything about the bumper controls. What do the bumpers do?

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by crsnwby:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MiniAssasin:

All of the footage is from in game GFX as long as you have a HDTV. but you wont play around the Templar table. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn't make sense... what do you mean "as long as you have an HDTV"...

unnamedninja
11-13-2007, 06:20 PM
I got a question, what's your favourite game?

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by cooldude6681:
So far we haven't heard anything about the bumper controls. What do the bumpers do?

Left bumper is chase cam but only when it tells you to press it right bumber does nothing ever.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Warrior-Within2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crsnwby:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MiniAssasin:

All of the footage is from in game GFX as long as you have a HDTV. but you wont play around the Templar table. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn't make sense... what do you mean "as long as you have an HDTV"... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A HDTV is High Definition. All the videos you watch on you tube and on game trailers are from a HDTV source. So you get that quality you need a HDTV.

JohnsHomegirl
11-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Are the rumors of your homosexuality true?

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by unnamedninja:

I dont really have a favourite game, I have games I play on more than most but there usually well built online games like BF2 and Counter Strike, or Halo 3.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by JohnsHomegirl:
Are the rumors of your homosexuality true?

Only with your father as he has an alsation swing. I hope thats not a avtar of your mingin chav face. hahah mongo spotty ginger coont.

MiniAssasin
11-13-2007, 06:26 PM

na the trailers im taking about are definately not ingame

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 06:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warrior-Within2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crsnwby:

That doesn't make sense... what do you mean "as long as you have an HDTV"... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A HDTV is High Definition. All the videos you watch on you tube and on game trailers are from a HDTV source. So you get that quality you need a HDTV. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I know what HD is... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif probably better then you (No offense). What I meant was, the only thing that changes depending on the TV is the resolution... If you have an HDTV it wouldn't change the cut scenes to CG anymore then if you had an SD TV.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Im not pressing quote as its going to be be the longest quote ever...

Please.. you dont know better than me. but hey ho..

The video is done with in game engine not CGV higher res so what you see is what you get on HDTV. Thats why this game is awesome.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:30 PM

na the trailers im taking about are definately not ingame </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post me the trailer links then i can tell u for defo but theres no no IGV i have seen

JohnsHomegirl
11-13-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm a girl... my sig has my name.

That handsome man in my avatar is my boyfriend. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

unnamedninja
11-13-2007, 06:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by unnamedninja:

I dont really have a favourite game, I have games I play on more than most but there usually well built online games like BF2 and Counter Strike, or Halo 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah this is a slow paced single player game, are you shocked that it disappointed you or not?

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:41 PM

That handsome man in my avatar is my boyfriend. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

CHRIST GOOD LUCK

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by unnamedninja:

I dont really have a favourite game, I have games I play on more than most but there usually well built online games like BF2 and Counter Strike, or Halo 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah this is a slow paced single player game, are you shocked that it disappointed you or not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Massively not this was one of the best game this year..

I was waiting for halo 3, COD4, and this, for a single player game I think this is by far the best simply due to the GFX.

Remember its not as slow paced as the reviewrs will have you beleive, its only as slow as you want it to be when you get it try not presing RT it makes it a lot more fun, and also theres and acheivement for it.

unnamedninja
11-13-2007, 06:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JohnsHomegirl:

CHRIST GOOD LUCK </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he looks like matt damon, who i am reliably informed by the ladies is quite tasty.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JohnsHomegirl:

CHRIST GOOD LUCK </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he looks like matt damon, who i am reliably informed by the ladies is quite tasty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EDITED too harsh its not your fault<span class="ev_code_RED">EDITED</span>

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 06:51 PM

Coincidentally, I thought he looked like Matt Damon as well when I quickly glanced at the picture.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Warrior-Within2:

Coincidentally, I thought he looked like Matt Damon as well when I quickly glanced at the picture. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha OK, shes got a boyfirend try leaving the house to get you own.

Matt Damon http://www.yusef.co.uk/chav.JPG

OR chav http://www.chroniclejournal.com/includes/CP_stories/59/59484.jpg

Spykes_wab
11-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Is the ending of the game as abrupt as the reviewers are saying? And does it set up for a sequel?

mormonplyr
11-13-2007, 07:26 PM
is the city of petra in the game(the city carved into the stone wall)?

The_Werty66
11-13-2007, 07:27 PM
How do you use the short sword? When I saw the first 45 minutes, I only saw the long sword, hidden blade, throwing stars and fists.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Spykes_wab:
Is the ending of the game as abrupt as the reviewers are saying? And does it set up for a sequel?

I wouldnt say abrupt as you fight a big boss as per normal but you end up with no where to go. I cant say any more without giving it away.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by The_Werty66:
How do you use the short sword? When I saw the first 45 minutes, I only saw the long sword, hidden blade, throwing stars and fists.

Basically press lef on the D pad you can use either same difference apart from the long sword has more damage.

crsnwby
Originally posted by mormonplyr:
is the city of petra in the game(the city carved into the stone wall)?

Nope

sightl3ss
it looks like they took the short sword out, even in the gamespot review they mention having a sword, throwing knives and a hidden blade, looks like they decided against the short sword

From Gamespot's review

"It's also a good way to try out Assassin's Creed's combat, which is surprisingly satisfying, considering the game's focus on sneaking around. You can pounce on enemies using your hidden blade (an incredibly rewarding one-stab kill), or use throwing daggers to take enemies down from a distance. However, your sword is your melee mainstay, and though the hack-and-slash combat may seem simple at first, it gets more challenging once you unlock the various countermoves."

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by sightl3ss:
it looks like they took the short sword out, even in the gamespot review they mention having a sword, throwing knives and a hidden blade, looks like they decided against the short sword

no no hang on maybe i worded it wrong. the short sword is there but only dunring close quaters. Left on the D pad uses it but if you lock onto a target from a distance its also throwing knives. Didnt just the short sword much tho as it seems to do less in the block department.

Its just as easy to use the normal sword you will find using the short sword annoying as when you get in a rumble he always pulls out the long sword and you have to switch to the short sword which is annoying and gets you hit.

IIKozakII
11-13-2007, 07:34 PM
wait so like, if I have a SD tv I wont be able to watch all the cut scenes? I know the quality isn't as good but they can't have it so that it doesn't play certain cut scenes because of your tv.... and that's how you made it sound

sorry for the confusion, I'm just wondering if that's what you meant?

sightl3ss
11-13-2007, 07:36 PM
u should b able to watch the cutscenes, i have a SDTV and all games i have work fine. i have a 360 so if ur askin about ps3 i dont know but i dont have the game yet for 360 but it should work as every single other 360 game works fine for me

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 07:37 PM
wondering if that's what

eh? the 360 version is all formats. Its possible the PS3 version is 720p only but thats still arumour for now..

You can always watch the cutscens but sont expect it to look as good as the movies on the internet as there always in hi def.

IIKozakII
yeah I have a 360 and I figured they'd work fine, he just worded his response weird I guess...

unnamedninja
Nah the short sword is still in game, i've seen it being used in gameplay footage created today.

When you press up you select throwing daggers, which i think also draws your shortsword or something, those two weapons are used in conjunction with each other.

I will try and find some confirm on this though because the shortsword (long dagger) is easily my favourite looking weapon.

Yeah here we go

Weapons are all fixed to the D-Pad. Down is unarmed. Right is hidden blade, Left is short sword and throwing knives, up is long sword.

The combo's work like this to. Press in the X button and hold it for a hard slash and to do a fast slash just tap the X button. If you time the button presses though you will do a combo. that's pretty much for the short sword as well.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Nah the short sword is still in game, i've seen it being used in gameplay footage created today.

When you press up you select throwing daggers, which i think also draws your shortsword or something, those two weapons are used in conjunction with each other.

I will try and find some confirm on this though because the shortsword (long dagger) is easily my favourite looking weapon.

Up is hiddent blade and assasins blade,

Left is short blade and throwig knives

right is long sword

down is fists

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Sorry questions are now closed as i'v got to be up early to take the fezza 430 round snetterton.

IIKozakII
11-13-2007, 08:06 PM
someone's got the controls wrong http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif