PDA

View Full Version : End of an Era :No Not IL2/ClOD...T16000M Joystick !

ytareh
02-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Well for the best part of a decade I was the voice crying in the wilderness raving on about how much I loved the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick despite a terrible reputation for reliability...I tried EVERYTHING ...Saiteks,Thrustmasters inc Cougar and even the venerated Microsoft Sidewinder but all were swiftly rejected.
Now Ive been using a Thrustmaster T16000M for about 2 months (havent been getting THAT much stick time -getting back into cycling/fitness).I can categorically state its the better joystick despite ALMOST changing back after a few weeks .
The T16000M is far less anatomical and comfortable...the spring is noticeably weaker...the buttons are really only usable on one side of the two sides which is a shame (as ya need the other hand to hold the joystick!)...its buttons are merged too close together and hard to differentiate between ...the 'number 2 button' isnt as convenient as the Logitechs...the throttlw FEELS limp and is badly shaped BUT WILL give you the exact % you want from 100-110 which is something I think a LOT of people compromise on ...the X3dPro was pretty good that way too...(the HOTAS Cougar could barely manage to within 2%)
....and theres a pile more I DONT like about the new T16000M BUT...BUT....BUT...
The Hall Effect 'potentiometers' in it are awesomely accurate ...(although Im almost certain theyre NOT in the twist just X and Y axes...)Ive done a fair bit of testing that suggests this stick is adding a few kmh to my max speeds as the rudder isnt being involuntarily engaged nearly as much (even with a chronically slow response curve on the old stick and 'all 100s' on the new one )
The T16000M gives a totally new feel to flying and in fact it FEELS more 'arcade'-ish ...the plane flies in far more of a straight line !!!The old stick precision compared with the new one is like comparing a butter knife with a scapel ...Id highly recommend a T16000M to all!

mortoma
02-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Only CH products for me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif You've not tried them?

ytareh
02-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Tried their pedals , wasnt overly keen ...