PDA

View Full Version : Where do I start Battle of Forli

samlesmurfen
01-29-2010, 05:29 AM
Ok so I've downloaded and installed the package. Fired up the game and went to Forli...nothing there. I went all over, but I can't find the new missions..
Kinda frustrating..

Anyone wanna help guide me? lol

Hassan-Sabbah
01-29-2010, 06:58 AM
The trigger point was at the docks, a bit in front of the ship to Venice.

samlesmurfen
01-29-2010, 07:27 AM
It's not there
I've downloaded and installed it 2 times now...
not fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

jimbo11235813
01-29-2010, 08:10 AM
If you've completed the game, select your save file, then you will enter the animus loading screen (twice, first controlling Desmond and second controlling Ezio), then Rebecca tells you that the memory has been fixed. If it doesn't happen, then I don't know what's wrong.

TwinIltani
01-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by jimbo_323:
If you've completed the game...

Good point. Samlesmurfen, have you played through at least Sequence 11?

samlesmurfen
01-29-2010, 08:26 AM
I have completed the game.. I have 95% complete or something, and when I load my game, it just goes to the last place where the game was saved. If I travel to somewhere, it gets saved, and that's where I'll load the next time I start the game. I don't hear Rebecca at all.. if I try to enter sequence 12 via the DNA, it acts like it isn't there..

This is weird

UbiGabe
01-29-2010, 09:49 AM
Sounds like you may have found a bug! You should be able to go to Forli and see new missions added to your map (in fact, there are numerous messages that announce the arrival of the new content), so if you are not seeing it, then things are not working the way they should be...

Here is what I need you to do so that we can get this resolved for you and anyone else that may be having this problem: make note of your console (Xbox 360 or PS3) and contact our Customer Support (http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/Default.aspx) and tell them all about this (the more detailed the better).

Thanks very much! I hope you can get this resolved quickly so you can get back to gaming!

samlesmurfen
01-29-2010, 09:56 AM
ok I will..

The missions do not show on the map..

Edit:
Ok, the support pages doesn't work for me. It takes me to the Login screen, but when I log in, it just takes me back to the loginscreen, telling me I have to log in. But I AM loged in. But when I try to "ask a question" again it repeats itself.. I end up on the login screen... frustrating.
I have the game on my PS3.
I have completed the storymode and 95% of the whole game.
I downloaded the "Battle of Forli" pack and installed it. Nothing happens to the game, the missions do not show on the map and there is no trigger point at the docks of Forli.
I installed the addon TWICE. Still nothing..
When I load my game, there is no voice from Rebecca about fixing the broken memory or something.
The new memory is not available in the DNA...

So could someone post this in the supportarea of Ubisoft and paste the answer here?

Kinda frustrating when NOTHING works the way it's supposed to do..

-Olav

dblhelx
01-29-2010, 11:08 AM
I finished the game too (using a screen name to save it under). When I go to "Story mode" and click on the screen name that I used to finish the game it goes to the ending credits rolling down the screen and we are back at the building where the animus is and Rebecca....they are trying to get out of that building (The ending scene). I don't see an option to go back into the Map and get to Forli and play out the DLC.

How do I go back into the MAP and go to Forli?

Or do I start a new game?

Sorry, I'm new to this whole process!

VeN_1473
01-29-2010, 11:53 AM
dblhelx - when the credits roll, did you take control of Desmond and beat up all the Abstergo henchmen? once you beat them all up (you cannot lose at this point) then Vidic will get away and you jump into a van and get into the animus there. then you return to the attic, able to free roam in the game.

dblhelx
01-29-2010, 11:56 AM
yeah i did that. I bea tup all hi sguys, then he hopped into the back of a truck/van. The credits were rolling and I wasn't able to do anything else so I turned the game off.

So you're saying I should let the credits roll more and I would be able to go back into the attic?

At that point I can roam the game. That's cool. Thanks for that heads up!

But how do I access the DLC?????

Stonelaw
01-29-2010, 12:21 PM
So you're saying I should let the credits roll more and I would be able to go back into the attic?

But how do I access the DLC?????
By doing exactly that. Let the credits finish and you'll appear back in the animus as Ezio. Then the DLC will automatically load at that point.

dblhelx
01-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks! I'll give that a whirl.

Bloodlust_1138
01-29-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem. Posted the issue on the support site. I just hope they find a solution soon

Avl521
01-29-2010, 06:09 PM
I have a question!! which store should I download the DLC from? I have a european PSN account but I don't live in europe right now. and I've never bought DLCs I'm very confused with this, if I have an american PS3, American copy of the game an european account what should I do? are there issues if I download from european account?

breakdown89
01-29-2010, 10:23 PM
Avl521, it doesn't matter what account you have. you shouldn't have any problem with that at all. in fact, i have multiple accounts in which i've downloaded demos and stuff and played them on every account, so you should have no problem. hope i helped http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

psg_ahmed
01-30-2010, 01:16 AM
@demonlinks: I have the same problem, can u let us know what support will come up with. And I really hope it won't be a stupid suggestion.

Jenli89
01-30-2010, 03:57 AM
Ah, nice to see that i'm not alone with this
problem. GJ demonlinks, all we have to do now is to wait http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MrMesut
01-30-2010, 04:33 AM
I also have the same problem. Waited a month for the DLC, installed it and now can't play it? Doesn't Ubisoft have a test team that tests DLC properly before publishing it?

I am wondering if it is related to the fact that I first installed the DLC and then I started the game (hadn't played it for a few weeks now), but before I was able to play the game I had to do a mandatory update of AS patch 1.02 or something.

Maybe Ubisoft expects that you first install the patch and then the DLC?

I have redownloaded the DLC and reinstalled it, but still no luck. I am located in Europe, my console is european but I had bought the game in the US.

So do we expect that Ubisoft releases a patch or something?

Avl521
01-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by DeusEx89:
Avl521, it doesn't matter what account you have. you shouldn't have any problem with that at all. in fact, i have multiple accounts in which i've downloaded demos and stuff and played them on every account, so you should have no problem. hope i helped http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Yeah I have multiple accounts as well, and I download demos and videos from all of them and play in all of them, however I've never downloaded DLC so I don't know if there is any restriction like region locks or sth.

Bloodlust_1138
01-30-2010, 01:44 PM
When I phoned the ubi tech support thier advice was to delete all data relating to assassins creed 2. For obvious reasons I'm reluctant to do this.

My copy was from Singapore so my first thought is that it may be a regional thing. However, all the other DLC like the exclusive level and Uplay content has worked just fine. With the black edition being USA only and people buying online having a regonal lock on DLC seems ludicris due to obvious backlash.

IF this is the case then Ubi need to get with the times. People no longer just go to thier local shop to buy games. Especially if you're having an exclusive edition for only one country.

This is purely speculative though as I have, as yet, not had and feed back from Ubi. I personally think it's unlikely but you never know.

JAHman28
01-30-2010, 03:36 PM
I, at first, i ought I had to replay the whole story again to get to sequence 12
In my new save i got to sequence 6 before I tried my finished game.
I was partially gutted yet partially releived when it loaded sequense 12

breakdown89
01-31-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Avl521:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeusEx89:

Yeah I have multiple accounts as well, and I download demos and videos from all of them and play in all of them, however I've never downloaded DLC so I don't know if there is any restriction like region locks or sth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it shouldn't be region locked, but have you tried downloading the DLC and see what happens?

lex727
01-31-2010, 03:49 PM
I have the same problem. Russian console but the game was purchased in Hong Kong... Downloaded and installed the battle of Forli twice with no luck. Please help!

Jenli89
02-01-2010, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by demonlinks:
When I phoned the ubi tech support thier advice was to delete all data relating to assassins creed 2. For obvious reasons I'm reluctant to do this.

My copy was from Singapore so my first thought is that it may be a regional thing. However, all the other DLC like the exclusive level and Uplay content has worked just fine. With the black edition being USA only and people buying online having a regonal lock on DLC seems ludicris due to obvious backlash.

IF this is the case then Ubi need to get with the times. People no longer just go to thier local shop to buy games. Especially if you're having an exclusive edition for only one country.

This is purely speculative though as I have, as yet, not had and feed back from Ubi. I personally think it's unlikely but you never know.

Wont ever delete all data and replay the game over again, never, maybe in a few years http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Was thinking about claiming the money back, it aint much, but still.

samlesmurfen
02-01-2010, 02:33 AM
any useable answers from ubi yet?

Rubik1990
02-01-2010, 04:00 AM
Same problem. Got a Russian PS3, but the game is from North America. No problem with any Uplay DLC, but The Battle of Forli just wouldn't start. Have the game completed.

The problem seems to be regional, from what i gathered from this thread. Eropean DLC for european games only(( Still, will be waiting for an official reply.

Bloodlust_1138
02-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Still no word fron ubi will update as soon as I hear anything. IF it is a regional issue then the USA exclusive black edition alone makes it a monster of thier own design.

chock-o-nuts
02-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I have the same problem, european console and account but imported game and I can't play sequence 12.
Hope they patch it real fast!

Captain Tomatoz
02-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Still no word fron ubi will update as soon as I hear anything. IF it is a regional issue then the USA exclusive black edition alone makes it a monster of thier own design.

the black edition was european exclusive not USA just to let you know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Bloodlust_1138
02-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Tony6593:

the black edition was european exclusive not USA just to let you know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'm just going off my bro imported the black edition from the states. I guess they musta got the stock form europe knowing the obvious interest. Even so people would still have imported from other countries so the point still stands. Why regonal lock in the first place?

Rubik1990
02-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Did a bit of googling. Found out that most PS3 DLC is indeed region locked. Seems that we who imported the game are pretty much screwed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. And even making a US account on the PS3 won't help, since the save files for AC2 are locked - even if you manage to get the american DLC, you will still have to play through the whole game again on your new account.

Still hoping for a miracle, though)

samlesmurfen
02-02-2010, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Rubik1990:
Did a bit of googling. Found out that most PS3 DLC is indeed region locked. Seems that we who imported the game are pretty much screwed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. And even making a US account on the PS3 won't help, since the save files for AC2 are locked - even if you manage to get the american DLC, you will still have to play through the whole game again on your new account.

Still hoping for a miracle, though)
You usually get to choose what region you want to download for. But not on this dlc..

I wont buy games here, when I get them for half the price from hongkong...

Assassin_M
02-02-2010, 05:30 AM
A question that may seem stupid but please i need a quick answer so that i may enjoy this wonderful product. how do I buy battle of Forli

samlesmurfen
02-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
A question that may seem stupid but please i need a quick answer so that i may enjoy this wonderful product. how do I buy battle of Forli

You go to te PSstore or the Xbox store, on your consoll. There you will find it

Assassin_M
02-02-2010, 08:45 AM
thank you i know that but when i enter my credit card info it says its invalid

owgpz
02-02-2010, 10:24 AM
I know that this won't help, but at least you can know how it should go based on my experience (US game and DLC):
1. Downloaded and installed the DLC last night (702 mb)
2. Started the game and it told me that I needed to do the update first
3. Did the update (77 mb)
4. Started the game again and a line of text appeared in the menu that new content is added (you can't miss it)
5. Used my first game (completed some time ago, credits had rolled, and I'd gone in to do free roaming and complete side missions)
6. The memory start point was on the Forli dock appeared as is mentioned above.

JerryJet12
02-02-2010, 09:59 PM
I have an American-bought PS3 with an American-bought version of the game, and I can't get it to work. I downloaded it, installed it, and got to that screen where it says, "Press Start."

I press start, and that status bar progresses along the bottom of the screen. Usually it does it once, but after the download it ran through the bar multiple times. I thought this was a good thing, but then I load my save game (after beating it and entering free roam) and I get no change in the menus, the DNA part of the pause menu, or the Forli map. No Battle of Forli, just a hole in my heart - and my wallet. Ubi support = weak sauce.

Bloodlust_1138
02-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:

You should be able to pick up a Playstation store voucher from you local games retailer. Hope that helps ^_^

Assassin_M
02-03-2010, 04:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

You should be able to pick up a Playstation store voucher from you local games retailer. Hope that helps ^_^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Unforunately i live in egypt and they dont sell that kind of stuff there

owgpz
02-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by JerryJet12:
I have an American-bought PS3 with an American-bought version of the game, and I can't get it to work. I downloaded it, installed it, and got to that screen where it says, "Press Start."

I press start, and that status bar progresses along the bottom of the screen. Usually it does it once, but after the download it ran through the bar multiple times. I thought this was a good thing, but then I load my save game (after beating it and entering free roam) and I get no change in the menus, the DNA part of the pause menu, or the Forli map. No Battle of Forli, just a hole in my heart - and my wallet. Ubi support = weak sauce.

Truly sorry to hear about your problems JerryJet12 - it sounds like something is corrupt in either your game or the download. Oe thing I can say is that I'd not experienced any of the things that you mentioned - the installation went smoothly, and I even had to do the v1.02 update after installing the DLC. If you've downloaded and installed a fresh (new) DLC package then the only thing I can think of is to delete AC2 completely from your system and start over - maybe someone with more experience can offer a better solution. I'm not sure, but I think that there is a way to back up your saved game(s).

younas456
02-04-2010, 07:56 AM
i think i have a close problem but... i do think i have the answer why... when i was home yesterday i tried to play but it said that my downloaded content was dameged.., so (i dont have any internet connection to my xbox) i went to my friend and it worked. so i am a little ****ed, do you have to be loged in to Xbox Live to be able to play? maybe thats why it doesn't work

Altaezio
02-05-2010, 02:52 PM
pple...you have to start the game over to play sequence 12, if ur past it, then forget it, just start over

Rubik1990
02-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Altaezio:
pple...you have to start the game over to play sequence 12, if ur past it, then forget it, just start over

Not true. First off, tried that. Second, that would be just stupid. No, if it works, it will work even if you've completed the game. If it doesn't, it probably wouldn't. Ever http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

Bloodlust_1138
02-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Ok official word from the support centre is that they are aware of the problem and to please be patient while they work on a solution.

Rubik1990
02-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Thx for the info and the glimmer of hope, demonlinks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Personally, can wait until the next DLC comes out. ))

DaveX9
02-11-2010, 03:28 AM
Any news on the subject?

Bloodlust_1138
02-12-2010, 04:43 AM
It's been over 2 weeks and still nothing. Only a week ago when they gave the "we are aware of it" standard response. Even that took a week to get. Nothing has been put on these forums from Ubi staff to explain whats going on. Or, more impotantly, how long before we see a solution to this problem. I'm not impressed with the low level of customer support from this company so far.

ArchCC
02-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Same trouble here =(
Ru console, ru PSN, US Master Assasin Edition

Nightmare8767
02-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by ArchCC:
Same trouble here =(
Ru console, ru PSN, US Master Assasin Edition

Then it's not Ubi's fault. If your DLC is not working, that's because DLC is region-locked. You can't download from the RU PSN and install it to play it on a US game. You will have to download it from the American PSN.

I'm sorrry guys, but you'll have to pay again.

lex727
02-13-2010, 08:06 AM
Nightmare8767, paying again is not an option mate. Claiming your money back is though but given the fact there will be another DLC for this game, I guess Ubi would want to fix it, so that people do not experience this kind of problems in the future. However, this is Ubi and customer support never was their strong suit, and I know, since the 1st splinter cell, things have not changed much. We would get a fix... but if it will be this year or this decade is a complete other question... Also please don't speak on behalf of developers, unless you are actually one of their representatives.

tastyjuice1
02-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Same problem here. I downloaded forli from the psn in switzerland, my game is a us version. Nothing happens! Just roaming freely as i've already completed the game. Fix this, ubi people! Or the next add-on just won't make you as much money, as I'm sure you are aware...

And SOME info directly to your customers via this forum or the ubi site would go a long way making us less ****ed off.

G

p.S: Call of duty add ons are available seperately for each zone. So if its a zoning problem, ubi could warn or propose all versions on the psn... Grrr...

Nightmare8767
02-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by tastyjuice1:
Same problem here. I downloaded forli from the psn in switzerland, my game is a us version. Nothing happens! Just roaming freely as i've already completed the game. Fix this, ubi people! Or the next add-on just won't make you as much money, as I'm sure you are aware...

And SOME info directly to your customers via this forum or the ubi site would go a long way making us less ****ed off.

G

p.S: Call of duty add ons are available seperately for each zone. So if its a zoning problem, ubi could warn or propose all versions on the psn... Grrr...

You haven't read my post, clearly. I'll repat it again:

US VERSION OF THE GAME WORKS ONLY WITH US STORE DLC. And PAL version of the game works ONLY FOR PAL version of the game. And so with asian.

So that's what I meant by having to pay again. It's NOT Ubi's fault at all if you are not infromed on such important thing. It doesn't matter how many times you install and reinstall, unless your version of the game and your DLC region are the same, that won't work.

@Unexpected: I'm not talking on behalf of anyone, but it's obvious that you aren't reading my post correctly. What I'm saying is that it is not Ubi's fault. You should know before hand that an imported game isn't going to work with your store DLC, mainly because they're not the same region. Not an opinion, a real fact http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Rubik1990
02-14-2010, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Nightmare8767:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tastyjuice1:

G

US VERSION OF THE GAME WORKS ONLY WITH US STORE DLC. And PAL version of the game works ONLY FOR PAL version of the game. And so with asian.

So that's what I meant by having to pay again. It's NOT Ubi's fault at all if you are not infromed on such important thing. It doesn't matter how many times you install and reinstall, unless your version of the game and your DLC region are the same, that won't work.

@Unexpected: I'm not talking on behalf of anyone, but it's obvious that you aren't reading my post correctly. What I'm saying is that it is not Ubi's fault. You should know before hand that an imported game isn't going to work with your store DLC, mainly because they're not the same region. Not an opinion, a real fact http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sad, but true. Been digging a bit, found out that all DLC for all games is region locked. Doubt Ubi is going to simply "fix" this issue cause of a few unlucky importers like us. Well, I could probably get a US Store card and by the US DLC, BUT: AC2 saves are locked, and can't be copied from my native RU account to my backup US account. So apart from paying I will need to play through the game again.

That said, I think I will wait until the next DLC and a memory selection patch. Until there is no mission selection, I can live without those DLC.

Rubik out.

Nightmare8767
02-14-2010, 03:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nightmare8767:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tastyjuice1:

G

@Unexpected: I'm not talking on behalf of anyone, but it's obvious that you aren't reading my post correctly. What I'm saying is that it is not Ubi's fault. You should know before hand that an imported game isn't going to work with your store DLC, mainly because they're not the same region. Not an opinion, a real fact http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sad, but true. Been digging a bit, found out that all DLC for all games is region locked. Doubt Ubi is going to simply "fix" this issue cause of a few unlucky importers like us. Well, I could probably get a US Store card and by the US DLC, BUT: AC2 saves are locked, and can't be copied from my native RU account to my backup US account. So apart from paying I will need to play through the game again.

That said, I think I will wait until the next DLC and a memory selection patch. Until there is no mission selection, I can live without those DLC.

Rubik out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you download the DLC, it will be usable on all your acounts, so don't worry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Rubik1990
02-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Nightmare8767:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rubik1990:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nightmare8767:

G

If you download the DLC, it will be usable on all your acounts, so don't worry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait...you mean, if i get a US DLC from the US PSN store on my US account, the DLC will actually get installed and work on my RU account? You sure about that? That would be great news)

Nightmare8767
02-14-2010, 04:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rubik1990:

G

If you download the DLC, it will be usable on all your acounts, so don't worry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait...you mean, if i get a US DLC from the US PSN store on my US account, the DLC will actually get installed and work on my RU account? You sure about that? That would be great news) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you didn't need to install any demos or any games AGAIn on other accounts, didn't you? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif DLC is the same, so you'll get it in the Hard Drive as common, since it installs itself on the AC2 Install Data http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bloodlust_1138
02-16-2010, 12:54 PM
My feeble response from ubi support

Please try this:

1-First, finish or at least get through the forli dock area in the game.
2- Download the update for AC2 if you haven't already done this.
3-Then download the DLC.
4-The next time you load it up, it will start you on the docks of forli standing in front of the mission start marker.

Kind Regards
Alessandro
Ubisoft Technical Support

Guess what done all this before, quite a few times. It doesnt work.

If its a regonal issue and it was bound to happen the black edition should have been made available worldwide. So, yes, it is ubi's fault. Seems odd the rest of the dlc including exclusive maps and uplay stuff works just fine, no region locks there. I just want an official answer... Is it really region locked, so far it's just speculation. Really I just want to know if I should get a refund and sell my copy of the game and get something that does accept DLC

lex727
02-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Nightmare8767, well some games sure. but i know at least one vesion of the game for which it's not the case. My imported copy of Little Big Planet works just fine with all the DLC. I guess that just shows how well the Media Molecule thought over their content.

Nightmare8767
02-17-2010, 06:30 AM

Please try this:

3-Then download the DLC.
4-The next time you load it up, it will start you on the docks of forli standing in front of the mission start marker.

Kind Regards
Alessandro

If its a regonal issue and it was bound to happen the black edition should have been made available worldwide. So, yes, it is ubi's fault. Seems odd the rest of the dlc including exclusive maps and uplay stuff works just fine, no region locks there. I just want an official answer... Is it really region locked, so far it's just speculation. Really I just want to know if I should get a refund and sell my copy of the game and get something that does accept DLC

It IS Region Locked. Uplay is not PlayStation Store or Xbox Marketplace. AND, the codes for the Master Assassin's wroked becasue your copy of the game is imported, and 2, they're IN GAME locked. So you're not downloading really anything. So not, it is not Ubi's fault. I bought normal copy, knew about the others being released as DLC, didn't want to buy more expensive things, and I'm getting the two sequences + Templar Lairs, for the same 10 euros that I would have paid. And I'm quite satisfied, let me tell you.

EDIT: Well, suppose that is, as you said, Media's Molecule doing (and quite well done). But the vast majority of DLC, in PS3 at least, are region locked.

lex727
02-17-2010, 07:58 AM
Nightmare8767, oh well, I'm not too bothered. I'm still gonna buy my games abroad. When I has purchased my copy of ACII for about USD 56, when at the same time in Russia the price was a bit more than $100... Even now it's $86, that's if you can find the place that would sell that cheap... I'm not willing to pay that solelly for DLC. I'd rather get on with other games instead.

Bloodlust_1138
02-18-2010, 10:19 AM
I second that notion Unexpected. I no longer have a problem as I sold it and bought a new game. I might buy it again at a later date. However, as many traded in are likely to be imports I might not. And nightmare all DLC content is already on the disc the same way the coded stuff is. Ubi need to up thier game. I have had MANY imports AND used DLC on them and they worked fine. On that note I bow out for this is no longer my problem. BTW the game I got was Dragons Age Origins and it's awesome.

Nightmare8767
02-18-2010, 01:25 PM
I second that notion Unexpected. I no longer have a problem as I sold it and bought a new game. I might buy it again at a later date. However, as many traded in are likely to be imports I might not. And nightmare all DLC content is already on the disc the same way the coded stuff is. Ubi need to up thier game. I have had MANY imports AND used DLC on them and they worked fine. On that note I bow out for this is no longer my problem. BTW the game I got was Dragons Age Origins and it's awesome.

Yeah, ALL DLC? The only one in the game are the Templar Lairs. As far as I know, I haven't wasted 2 GB for content on the disc... In disc content keys are like 10 MB?

DaveX9
02-20-2010, 11:37 AM

Please try this:

3-Then download the DLC.

Kind Regards
Alessandro

ok, tried it and suprice suprice... nothing...
didnt they say anything else?

munclesmubb
02-23-2010, 01:25 PM
hi i have been reading this thread and i have a similar problem.

i downloaded the two dlc's
i installed the latest update.
i installed bonfire of the vanities(this works fine)
i installed battle of forli.
i have the flying machine but i cant start the battle of forli mission. there is no thingy on the dock.
i am going to try and re install the dlc but so far i am not sure why it doesnt work.

any ideas?

lex727
02-24-2010, 04:31 AM
I just downloaded the DLCs from the US shop using a PSN card I got on ebay. Both of the DLCs work just fine with my Asia English version that I got from Hong Kong. Just makes things slightly easier... I just wish other countries started doing content like the Hong Kong PSN. I mean multiple languages in 1 DLC, just in case. (in case of Hong Kong it's usually English, Japanese, Chinese and Korean)

DaveX9
02-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Unexpected2004:
I just downloaded the DLCs from the US shop using a PSN card I got on ebay. Both of the DLCs work just fine with my Asia English version that I got from Hong Kong. Just makes things slightly easier... I just wish other countries started doing content like the Hong Kong PSN. I mean multiple languages in 1 DLC, just in case. (in case of Hong Kong it's usually English, Japanese, Chinese and Korean)

So the american version of the DLC will work with the asian (hong kong) version of the game?
seams to me that ubi has gone through quite alot of trouble to make sure us europeans will pay more for their game...
here in sweden the game costed about 120$, now its down to 100$

lex727
02-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Yep. The US DLC for AC II works on Hong Kong version of the game. I think it would work on any version of the game as long as it's in English. The prices of games are rediculous sometimes. but Ubisoft doesnt seem to be doing anything to support those of us who import games. But than their tech support was never of any quality.

Solidthado
03-15-2010, 07:40 PM
I have the same problem guys.

morpheux3
04-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi, has any who hit the problem resolved it? I've logged a case with the Ubisoft Support and he didn't even point me to this forum. He didn't seems to be aware of this thread.

Been spending too much time trying to fix the problem, instead of playing Seq 12 and 13!! It is really frustrating!

Jaraguro
06-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Seriously, what the hell, this thread was made 6 months ago and still no solution?

I have the same exact problem, I have a US Xbox Live account, I live in the US, I downloaded the DLC in the US on my US account, it's not region locked it's Ubisoft's screw-up.

I love them but 6 months and this is still not fixed, 6 months. =/

That's pretty messed up.

Actually, no, this is robbery.

Does ANYONE know how I can play my DLCs for AC2?

P4K1_4SS4SS1N
07-22-2010, 01:12 PM
i have been having the exact same problem as u ppl an i suggest all of us send a complaint to ubi so they can find a solution for this , they wont just listen to 1 person but they might listen 2 all of us

Ru1986
07-23-2010, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Jaraguro:
Seriously, what the hell, this thread was made 6 months ago and still no solution?

I have the same exact problem, I have a US Xbox Live account, I live in the US, I downloaded the DLC in the US on my US account, it's not region locked it's Ubisoft's screw-up.

I love them but 6 months and this is still not fixed, 6 months. =/

That's pretty messed up.

Actually, no, this is robbery.

Does ANYONE know how I can play my DLCs for AC2?

If the story does not automatically lead onto the battle then it has not been loaded properly. There you are answered.

Black_Widow9
07-23-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm going to move this here now- http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Assassin's Creed Hints & Tips (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9011039408)

frenziefied
02-18-2011, 11:13 PM
So i logged a ticket with Support, no response and no one seems to have any clues in the forum.

We've reloaded the game several times, and as the saved data is locked for copying, I am not about to delete my game data and risk having to start all over again for the DLC to work. We purchased Seq 12 and 13 and the secret locations, and no joy.

kiwiness
12-12-2011, 05:07 AM
This thread is old I know, and I have read it through completely but still cannot find a solution. I recently bought the Battle of Forli DLC and have exactly the same problem, I cannot not find where to start it. On the docks in Forli there is nothing.

I have completed the complete game and got all but one trophy, which I need to get using the Battle of Forli DLC. I just need to start it!

Is there a solution to this in the meantime?

Mr_Shade
12-12-2011, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by kiwiness:
This thread is old I know, and I have read it through completely but still cannot find a solution. I recently bought the Battle of Forli DLC and have exactly the same problem, I cannot not find where to start it. On the docks in Forli there is nothing.

I have completed the complete game and got all but one trophy, which I need to get using the Battle of Forli DLC. I just need to start it!

Is there a solution to this in the meantime? Hi there,

If the content is not showing up - I can only suggest you contact support.

You can find links to Ubisoft support in my signature.

kiwiness
12-13-2011, 11:40 PM
Oh believe me I have tried that a few times but I get no response from Ubisoft support, none whatsoever. That is why I am posting here to get a solution from the forums. That is why the forums are here right?

Seeing this problem has been around for a very long time, I would appreciate it if anyone could direct me to a solution to it. I hate it when I cannot go any further in a game, especially so close to the end.

Kytr
12-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Once you finish the previous sequence (12 if I remember correctly), you should be transfered to Forli and be able to start the sequence by talking to Katerina on the road outside the city. If that DLC is not active, it should next direct you back to Monterigioni. Where is the exclamation point located on your game? You may need to pull back on the map to find it.