PDA

View Full Version : qustion about cockpit views

fordfan25
04-19-2005, 02:54 PM
wich is the most real life view in the cockpit. the view you start out with or the "wide angle view i think the Key is page down.

fordfan25
04-19-2005, 02:54 PM
wich is the most real life view in the cockpit. the view you start out with or the "wide angle view i think the Key is page down.

JG53Frankyboy
04-19-2005, 03:00 PM
??

fordfan25
04-19-2005, 03:21 PM
ok ill try to make it a little more clear. in the **** pit veiw. in the game. you have 3 choices to set your piolets point of view. one is farthist away from the instrument cluster. the other is a bit closer"the defult" and the last is almost with the gun site up your nose. i know the last cant be the normal view for a real life piolet. is the defualt view the correct distence from the frount windscreen or dash board the one that a real life fighter piolet would have seen? or is it the farthst back view?

tigertalon
04-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Well, this is interesting question. In photography, with Leica format film (normal, 35mm) , 58mm focal length is what is believed to be most similar to eye...

Answer to above question depends completely how you define "peripheral view". Human eye sees sharp only in center, of course (and more and more blurry when going out of center). You can just assume what is left or right, because you know from before what is there. Truth is, that this picture is very very unsharp if object is not close to point you are looking at. You can try yourself. Look at some point on a table and DON'T look anywhere else. Then ask a friend to put a paper with normal font written on it (newspaper or sth), some 3 cm from point you are looking at. You will be unable to read it.

So, in game, I think middle one is the most similar to human peripheral view. But I use the widest and sniper (on a hatswitch).

Bearcat99
04-19-2005, 03:57 PM
IMO the most realistic scale wise is the zoom view. Draw an imaginary cockpit around you in your mind while in zoom view and you will see what I mean. It represents a full scale view through a 15, 17, 19 or 21 " box.. IMO of course.

VW-IceFire
04-19-2005, 04:27 PM
All three actually. Monitors and video graphics are such poor representations of what the human eye is capable of doing.

While your eyes focus on a particular instrment in the cockpit or the gunsight you still retain that peripheral vision that you loose while running a narrow angle "zoomed in" in the game.

So I swap between all 3 positions frequently.

fordfan25
04-19-2005, 05:35 PM
thanks for the input but not counting parifreal vision. just distence from the camra to the front cockpit. another words sit in the cockpit and imagen were the players "your" head/chest ect is. look down at the seat and out towards the rudder pedles ect. also its deffernt in each plane. in the stang the "wide or pan view" seems more real life like in the positon it puts you yet in a hellcat it seems like that is to far away and your legs would need to be abnormaly long to be able to reach the peddles.

nickdanger3
04-19-2005, 05:42 PM
where's raaaid when you need him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ?