PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the second to last and last battle with Ezio (spoilers)

Neo_Age
12-11-2009, 10:12 AM
This just occured to me. In the second to last battle with the Spaniard you have him on the ropes when he grabs his staff and dissapears. Ezio is knocked back and for some reason, pulled out the apple. Spanard grabs it, puts it on his staff and in the typical bad guy way, suspends Ezio to stab him before walking off.

After playing through for a second time I noticed a few things.

1. Why would Ezio pull the apple out when hes on his back and his enemy is invisible? Surely anyone would realize how easy it would be to take from him in that position, unless that was the point. I think Ezio pulled out a fake POE to lure the Spanard out and to reveal where the vault was.

2. When the Spaniard stabs him in the gut its with a pretty long knife and in the side, yet a few minutes later Ezio gets off and shrugs it off. If you look closely, he still has a weighted pouch on his belt! This means one of two things, either 1. Ezio used the POE to make the Spaniard think he stabbed him (likely, considering he tricked him into thinking there were multiple Ezios fighting him) or the POE has healing properties.

3. After the final battle Ezio grips the staff to open the Vault and walks in. You never see him reach up to the staff to pull the apple off. When he meets Manurva (sp) he pulls the apple out of the pouch and presents it to her.

This explains completely why Ezio was able to shrug off a supposively mortal blow, he tricked the Spainard.

Will_Lucky
12-11-2009, 10:21 AM
There is only one problem with this whole scenario, this seems to be hinting that Ezio had a 2nd Apple of Eden if you go off point 3.

How could the Spaniard open the vault without the apple?

OzDavis
12-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Will_Lucky:
He didn't...
He was cursing and swearing at it to open when Ezio approaches discarding his weapons...
The vault isn't actually opened until after Ezio has finally beaten him up!

gsosolid
12-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Actually makes sense... lol

TooLazy4Name
12-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Neo_Age:
This just occured to me. In the second to last battle with the Spaniard you have him on the ropes when he grabs his staff and dissapears. Ezio is knocked back and for some reason, pulled out the apple. Spanard grabs it, puts it on his staff and in the typical bad guy way, suspends Ezio to stab him before walking off.

After playing through for a second time I noticed a few things.

1. Why would Ezio pull the apple out when hes on his back and his enemy is invisible? Surely anyone would realize how easy it would be to take from him in that position, unless that was the point. I think Ezio pulled out a fake POE to lure the Spanard out and to reveal where the vault was.

2. When the Spaniard stabs him in the gut its with a pretty long knife and in the side, yet a few minutes later Ezio gets off and shrugs it off. If you look closely, he still has a weighted pouch on his belt! This means one of two things, either 1. Ezio used the POE to make the Spaniard think he stabbed him (likely, considering he tricked him into thinking there were multiple Ezios fighting him) or the POE has healing properties.

3. After the final battle Ezio grips the staff to open the Vault and walks in. You never see him reach up to the staff to pull the apple off. When he meets Manurva (sp) he pulls the apple out of the pouch and presents it to her.

This explains completely why Ezio was able to shrug off a supposively mortal blow, he tricked the Spainard.

Now THAT is what i call perceptive. bravo Neo_Age, bravo.

TheEpicWolf
12-11-2009, 12:35 PM
The bit when he gets stabbed confused me aswell.....

G0dsHolyMember
12-11-2009, 12:57 PM
I thought the last two fights were rather anti cliactic.

In AC1 when you fight Al Mualim he pulls that multiplicity trick on you and you fight through a horde, but you could still do your hidden-blade counter attacks against them. I had loads of fun replaying that mission and getting straight at Al and jam some metal straight through his neck without bothering with the clones.

AC2's last two fights didn't seem to allow you to counter or anything (except with fisticuffs). Its upsetting that of all the people Ezio would have trouble dispatching (especially after honing his skill for 10 years against numerous well-trained guards) a fat middle-aged aristocrat that's clearly out of shape is the one that stands a real chance with a Papal staff.

PlagueDoctor357
12-11-2009, 01:30 PM
That makes alot of sense.

Because I thought it was cheesy Ezio didn't remove the apple from the staff before walking in.

kingbren08
12-11-2009, 01:40 PM
nice theorys

yay my sig works

Will_Lucky
12-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by OzDavis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Will_Lucky:
He didn't...
He was cursing and swearing at it to open when Ezio approaches discarding his weapons...
The vault isn't actually opened until after Ezio has finally beaten him up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I'm trying to say, is that Ezio opened the vault with just the Staff in place then. If the apple was an illusion.

thekyle0
12-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Neo_Age:
1. Why would Ezio pull the apple out when hes on his back and his enemy is invisible? Surely anyone would realize how easy it would be to take from him in that position, unless that was the point. I think Ezio pulled out a fake POE to lure the Spanard out and to reveal where the vault was. He was probably going to try using the apple to reveal where Borgia was.

godsmack_darius
12-11-2009, 03:07 PM
I didnt see Ezio take the Apple back from Rodrigo OR the staff and all of a sudden he takes it out of his pocket and shows it to ******spoilers**** Minerva

OzDavis
12-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Will_Lucky:
What I'm trying to say, is that Ezio opened the vault with just the Staff in place then. If the apple was an illusion.
As he opened the vault he held the staff, and the apple was in his pouch. Who says he needs to pull it out and place it in the staff? He is the Prophet and he holds the two Pieces of Eden required, therefore the vault opens... sorted!

Sparty2020
12-11-2009, 11:39 PM
tbh I was put off by your first theory since if I was Ezio I would rather have something valuable in my hand than in my pocket and would probably use it, but the rest makes alot of sense. But where would Ezio acquire another PoE?

Neo_Age
12-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Sparty2020:
tbh I was put off by your first theory since if I was Ezio I would rather have something valuable in my hand than in my pocket and would probably use it, but the rest makes alot of sense. But where would Ezio acquire another PoE?

The POE was the size of a Cocnut, you would have something that big and that powerfule in one hand while on your back and your enemy walking around invisible to your eyes?

He didnt get a second POE, he made a forgery of one.

OzDavis
12-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Sparty2020:
But where would Ezio acquire another PoE?
Hmmm... I can't wait for sequences 12 & 13 now... to see if they shed light on that question.

Varenis
12-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by OzDavis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:
But where would Ezio acquire another PoE?
Hmmm... I can't wait for sequences 12 & 13 now... to see if they shed light on that question. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He didnt acquire another Piece of Eden, he prob forged one to lure da pope to show him where the hidden entrance is.

that-acmilan-guy
12-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Thats really good, good job.

that-acmilan-guy
12-13-2009, 01:14 PM
I think, these piece of eden, apple and staff are just distractions. There are no powers to them at all. Why the door opened? Perhaps it was because Ezio was the prophet, the chosen one to enter.

JudgeQwerty
12-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Or alternatively, the developers made a mistake.

Neo_Age
12-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:

Thats assuming that the entire team of developers let three mistakes in the space of a few minutes escape them, the second two being mere seconds apart.

Captain Tomatoz
12-20-2009, 02:14 AM
im sure borgia put the apple in the staff and the reason he couldn't open it was because he wasn't the prophet so when ezio touched the staff, as he is the prophet, the vault opened http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

j.satov
12-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Your theory sounds pretty good but here's my bit: a pouch depicted as being weighted down is likely a product of continuing to use the same model of Ezio without modifying the pouch.

evil9494
12-20-2009, 01:13 PM
But if Ezio have 2 pieces of Eden , why Rodrigo saw only the one not the both of them. (i'm sorry for my english)

xray_4
12-20-2009, 02:15 PM
The vault door opens before Ezio even reaches the staff so I don't think the PoE were even needed. Also I agree with the fake apple as some have mentioned. Something happened in that 11 year gap in memory.

OSnailsO
12-20-2009, 03:24 PM
The apple was fake it seems like Ezio only made the Spanierd think he had it and stabbed him. Since Ezio was the prophet the ones who came before knew when they needed to open the door for him. I don't think either was needed... It was just... His time...

RhedmondBarry
12-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by G0dsHolyMember:
I thought the last two fights were rather anti cliactic.

In AC1 when you fight Al Mualim he pulls that multiplicity trick on you and you fight through a horde, but you could still do your hidden-blade counter attacks against them. I had loads of fun replaying that mission and getting straight at Al and jam some metal straight through his neck without bothering with the clones.

AC2's last two fights didn't seem to allow you to counter or anything (except with fisticuffs). Its upsetting that of all the people Ezio would have trouble dispatching (especially after honing his skill for 10 years against numerous well-trained guards) a fat middle-aged aristocrat that's clearly out of shape is the one that stands a real chance with a Papal staff.

I agree and it was 23 years of honing his skills, so less of an excuse.

An_Idea
12-21-2009, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:

yeah, i think we are just thinking that they payed that close attention to it. im sure they will turn this into something in the 3rd game. to me it seemed like they turned some of our (the forums) ideas about what they did into plot points in the 2nd game. thats just me tho

vivoboi38
12-24-2009, 02:11 AM
Can you imagine Borgia talking to Minerva instead of Ezio? I would be ROFLing when Borgia goes, "WHAT IS THIS SH*T?" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

eZpiri2
12-24-2009, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by vivoboi38:
Can you imagine Borgia talking to Minerva instead of Ezio? I would be ROFLing when Borgia goes, "WHAT IS THIS SH*T?" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Lol, seeing how he reacted when he couldn't open the vault. I'm pretty sure he'd be really angry.

Anyways, I think that the developers didn't think that us players would pay attention to the pouch's appearance. Also, when Ezio had the apple, he was invulnerable to the staff. But when Rodrigo got the apple and placed it with the staff, he was vulnerable. And I think Ezio took the apple out of his pouch hoping it would somehow help him. If you see Ezio's pouch, no matter what, with money in it or not, it still looks the same. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Off-topic: I do not know if this was spoken about anywhere else here, well I don't think so, so I'll state this.
-You know how Altiar and Ezio's name relates? Well at the end of AC2, (may be spoiler)Minerva said that Desmond will save the world. The meaning (one meaning I found on Desmond) of Desmond was, Man of the world. So his name relates to the game in some way.

Okay, I'm done http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

SpyderNynja
12-24-2009, 08:08 AM
Really good theories in here! Totally makes sense! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Though it's possible Ezio created a fake apple, judging by your theory, I believe he just used the apple to make Borgia believe he had it and had placed it in the staff. The apple is known to have lasting effects, as you could see in AC1 when you return to Masyaf and nearly all of the other assassin's have been brainwashed by Al Mualim.

However the only thing that doesn't seem to fit with that theory is how Ezio opened the vault without placing the apple in the staff. Perhaps Ezio was still holding the apple when he created the illusion that he was stabbed and then gave the apple to Rodrigo while he was under his control.

just my two cents http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

OniLinkSword
12-26-2009, 07:31 PM
I was wondering this myself. I kind of wished they would clear it up a bit more in-game. My guess is that Ezio faked getting stabbed and made the Spaniard believe that he had the piece of Edin using the power of the POE (like how he copied himself in battle using it). This would explain how he still had it. They never said that it had to be attached to the staff to open the door.

The one hole in this theory is the game prompts you to take the pieces back. Implying that he has more than the one.

I hope this simply wasn't an error because it's a critical time in the game to pay attention to continuity. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif