PDA

View Full Version : what on earth... torpedoes melting through hull

coreservers
01-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Tonight I met an 8000+ ton large cargo off cork.
I fired 2 torpedoes in a spread, one for aft and one for the bow.
the aft one missed, but the bow one was perfect broadside on then it just melted through the hull and went straight on. I don't understand

coreservers
01-31-2007, 02:55 PM
the aft one missed, but the bow one was perfect broadside on then it just melted through the hull and went straight on. I don't understand

hueywolf123
01-31-2007, 03:16 PM
You can't always rely on your fish running true in either direction or depth. Did you have it set magnetic or impact? What depth?
I'm not saying there is no fault in the game, just that we've all accidentally set our fish wrong at times, then wondered why we missed

Carotio
01-31-2007, 03:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by coreservers:
the aft one missed, but the bow one was perfect broadside on then it just melted through the hull and went straight on. I don't understand </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm... maybe the ship had just passed its last scripted waypoint, which means, it gets deleted after this one, and you should then have seen it dissapear from your eyes too...

Messervy
01-31-2007, 05:56 PM
It is caused by sloppy skinning.
The skin is there for you to see, but somehowe it is not attached to an object.
I was playing with a stock game shortly after the game came out.
My testing ground was "Torpedo tutorial" so it can`t be attributed to anything else related to RND or anything like that.

I changed the skin of a C2 (wrongly, obviously) and I found out that the torpedoes were simply passing right trough it.

AO1_AW_SW_USN
01-31-2007, 06:16 PM
... or perhaps a rival Kaleun secretly replaced your torpedo loadout with practice torpedos while you were busy drinking it up at the local night club!

coreservers
02-03-2007, 01:27 AM
I think it's the skinning, as it only happens with large cargoes. C2 and C3 and all other appear to be ok, I even tried a torpedo on a fishing boat http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif, boy did it fly.
Anyone know of a mod to help with this issue.
currently i run RUB1.45, SH3CMDR

Foehammer-1
02-03-2007, 08:16 AM
Hey, that's not as bad as mine. Yes, about 1/40 of my torpedoes ghost through solid steel. However, this once I was raiding a harbor. THere was a Small tanker by the pier. So my 1 meter impact torpedo ghosted through the ship, a common sight, but then it went through 20 meters OF SOLID CONCRETE PIER, came out the other side, went through ANOTHER pier and exploded when it hit the ground at the beach!! I really wish i could video it, cause noone ever believed when I told the story here on this forum