PDA

View Full Version : Discuss the Week of Tavern Heroes

Alderbranchh
05-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Heroes published availble here! (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861060878/m/7021042429)

Topic says it all.

I for one is happy that Lord Haart is back ^^

KingImp
05-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Definitely interested in hearing what this Agony ability is.

ChaosArchon85
05-03-2011, 05:53 PM
The pictures are pretty. Their stories are well written. Wish there were more to see.

As far as in game application, not much is revealed here. Although I must admit that I'm sad to see the "prefered creature" abilities turning up again, and I hope they they will be less prevalent in MMH6 than they were in HoMMV. Otherwise, I can't really glean much information from the references to "Leadership", "Enlightenment", or "Agony" without too much speculation and assumption.

Oh, and I hate the name "Jaywoods". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Flamecawster
05-04-2011, 03:06 AM
im aswell very happy to see that lord haart is back http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif but id love to see sandro from necropolis aswell but as i am not so sure about his lore and timeline, i dont know if its possible.

P.S sorry for my bad english

Thunion
05-04-2011, 04:34 AM
im aswell very happy to see that lord haart is back Big Grin but id love to see sandro from necropolis aswell but as i am not so sure about his lore and timeline, i dont know if its possible.
He is from another universe(From H1-4,H5,6 are set in diffrent universe) BUT there was sayed that sandro lives in Ashan(planet/world in universe of H5,6) to(not the same sandro but i bet he will be very similar) also there was alots of hints that he may appear in H6 ,so he probably will be in the companing.

Ro.Floro
05-04-2011, 05:31 AM
Sir Jaywoods is officially my favourite...I like his story a lot. It reminds me of.....ME! very well written background about Sir Jay.

Elementalist.
05-04-2011, 05:33 AM
Yeah I absolutely love that guy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Deleb and Lorhish contain high amounts of awesomeness as well.

Metamagician
05-04-2011, 06:37 AM
WHY THE HELL ARE ALL MAGE HEROES FEMALE!?

FFS, I'm not a transsexual and over 90% of gamers are male especially within this genre, why the hell do you keep doing this Ubisoft?

Do you not the grasp the simple concept of frickin roleplaying, how the hell am I suppose to enjoy the game now being forced to play as a fricking female FFS!

First the extraordinary amount of female units which makes the armies look like crap and now this bull****!

******* you!

That's it, I won't even look at this fu**ing game anymore, goodbye everyone!

Ro.Floro
05-04-2011, 06:42 AM
Good for you. Go play Mario(he's MALE!).

Nxss
05-04-2011, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Metamagician:

FFS, I'm not a transsexual and over 90% of gamers are male especially within this genre, why the hell do you keep doing this Ubisoft?

Do you not the grasp the simple concept of frickin roleplaying, how the hell am I suppose to enjoy the game now being forced to play as a fricking female FFS!

First the extraordinary amount of female units which makes the armies look like crap and now this bull****!

******* you!

Wow! Who peed in your Cheerios? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Alderbranchh
05-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Atleast he didnt go all his way out screaming WITCH!!! DROWN HER!!!....
or something...

znork
05-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Hmm i look controlling wimmen gives me the feeling of power over them. (hopes my wife dosent read this, she would beat the living carp out of me)

Wonder what whould happen if the made a amzone race.....

znork
05-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Ro.Floro:

Is it not a littel intresting just to be obsed about about males.......

Ro.Floro
05-04-2011, 08:04 AM
I was just ironic....:| you didn't catch that, did you?
No one is obsessed about male characters...I for one encourage diversity...I'll play the game no matter how many women or men there will be...
I just said I find myself in the description of Sir Jaywoods. That's what I would do if I had the gift of immortality...see the evolution of the world...I think that is the ultimate goal of a very inteligent person(not that I consider myself as such a person...)

Metamagician
05-04-2011, 08:36 AM

Or Mass Effect 2 or Dragon Age, where you have a peculiar concept called OPTIONS!

Thunion
05-04-2011, 08:37 AM

******* you!

I dont know what the hell this guy doesnt like... ok i MEYBE understand his concern about army of famales,but raging about famale mage..
But well i guess(and hope) wont see any of "Famales sucks" posts anymore..

B.S. I dont get what the hell is wrong with playng famale? i almost always play famales if i go for mage/assassin( i am male) and in strategy you even arent playng anyone,you are kinda "god" controling other heroes....

znork
05-04-2011, 09:03 AM
I was just ironic....:| you didn't catch that, did you?

I was not realy talking about youhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

znork
05-04-2011, 09:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ro.Floro:

Or Mass Effect 2 or Dragon Age, where you have a peculiar concept called OPTIONS! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but there are so many wimmen in the group. And there are som many wimmen in the games.

leeboy26
05-04-2011, 09:52 AM

I've only seen one mage hero woman not including the main charactors. It's not her fault she was born sans *****.

Dude I hate women as much, if not more, than you do. My first bout of <STRIKE>mysogeny</STRIKE> <STRIKE>misogeny</STRIKE> <STRIKE>misojinny</STRIKE> hating women goes back to the Summer of 1997. Me and my sister were going to the cinema but I wanted to see Jurassic Park: The Lost world and she wanted to see Titanic. I argued that mine had dinosaurs in and she countered that Titanic was a recognised classic. I countered that a movie released so recently could not in fact be seen as a classic and that a certain time has to have elapsed before such recognition in the genre is qualified. Also, mine had dinosaurs in it. To cut a long story short we saw Titanic and there was no dinosaurs in it.

I suppose what I'm getting at is that women just don't appreciate a good dinosaur the way we do.

******* you!

I would also accept- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...xGLk&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjd7L6txGLk&feature=related)

Dude don't be like that. Besides, if there were no women magic heroes you'd have the women's lib bunch *****ing about it with stuff like 'So, magic is too complex for females to understand is that it?!? We're only good for cooking and ****ing is that it? You male sexist pig. Did you know women invented fire and the wheel? That's right, your chauvinistic textbooks don't teach you that do they? You came out of a ****** so get used to that.

So yeah.

Jinny-chan
05-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by shadassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thunion:

He is from another world(From H1-4,H5,6 are set in diffrent world)

Lord Haart is also from homm 1-3 world, homm 4 was crowded when old world was destroyed lord haart with in it. Sandro was able to move in homm 4 world.

I wonder how undead/dead man can be alive again and in other world, lord haart i mean http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Also, that, Jaywood name just sucks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thunion
05-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Lord Haart is also from homm 1-3 world, homm 4 was crowded when old world was destroyed lord haart with in it. Sandro was able to move in homm 4 world.

Originally posted by shadassin:

quote:
Originally posted by Thunion:

He is from another world(From H1-4,H5,6 are set in diffrent world)

I wonder how undead/dead man can be alive again and in other world, lord haart i mean Big Grin.

Also, that, Jaywood name just sucks
Sorry my bad.Corrected it now.

Or Mass Effect 2 or Dragon Age, where you have a peculiar concept called OPTIONS!
Lol You are funny.. is it first time you see Homm?
First of all mass effect 2 and Dragon Age are full rpgs,AND for whole game you play with one character,while in HoMM you hero is for 4-10 hours(Maybe more maybe less) game,and its not the only hero you will have,thats first.
Second you knew that you dont have to buy exactly one of those 4 heroes and have other options?
Thrid:All mages are females?(Thats from your earlier post) ok i didint knew that solmyr,zehir,cyrus are females,or didint you noticed that in academy only 2/8 heroes are females?
Fourth:I can bet that there are more then 10% of females in heroes community,half of girls in my class play Heroes.

Ro.Floro
05-04-2011, 01:39 PM
The girls in my class barely know how to use the PC correctly...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif...about the misoginist...what's your problem with women?
I saw a post on the forum some days ago..."in spite of the popular belief, women don't bite!"
You have plenty of other heroes to pick from....
And Thunion, why do you write "famales" instead of "females"?

Thunion
05-04-2011, 10:36 PM
And Thunion, why do you write "famales" instead of "females"?
:O never knew i am doing a mystake,thanks ;D

Ro.Floro
05-05-2011, 06:38 AM
<span class="ev_code_PINK">You "make" a mistake, not "do" one... But we're not here for a grammar lesson... I thought that you were writing "famales" because you had a motive(maybe a joke or something). In any case...My favourite hero from the campaign is Kiril(the one from Inferno...isn't this his name?) AND, BTW </span><span class="ev_code_BLACK">Alderbranch</span> <span class="ev_code_PINK">....WHEN WILL YOU POST THE HEROES THAT HAVE BEEN ON FACEBOOK SINCE YESTERDAY???</span>

p1nk1f13d!!!11!!!

Marzhin93
05-05-2011, 07:12 AM
AND, BTW THORGIN....WHEN WILL YOU POST THE HEROES THAT HAVE BEEN ON FACEBOOK SINCE YESTERDAY???

Have you checked the topic with the portraits lately...? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

leeboy26
05-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Tsuan reminds me of a chinese girl I used to date. I tried to get her to say 'Me so *****' in the style of a vietnamese prostitute but she spoke perfect english so it wasn't the same. She sounded more like that asian chick that Harry Potter gave a bit of magic wanding to.

Also, what does 'free pirate' mean? Aren't all pirates free? isn't that one of the advantages of being a pirate? I guess they lie around drinking rum and waiting for the phone to ring or something.

KingImp
05-05-2011, 08:19 AM
I saw the Stronghold heroes as well over on Heroes Community, so I was hoping today was a double dose of hero news and tomorrow would be something big that we really want to hear. Guess it was just another leak and that will be the news for tomorrow. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I'm sorry, but the insiders really need to stop using the word "big" or "special" when it comes to upcoming news because frankly this week has been very underwhelming.

Ro.Floro
05-05-2011, 09:17 AM
If you will, PLEASE, look at the date, you will see that I posted just a little before the post by Thorgin was made...was it a wake up call?
Let's hope that tomorrow will come the news we were told about, KingImp..though I don't know what you're talking about...
I just took a look on Heroes Community and I haven't seen the stronghold heroes.

znork
05-05-2011, 10:19 AM
i would recomend not shouting at thorgin. Did that once i was pink for week

Ro.Floro
05-05-2011, 10:32 AM
No one shouted at him(I can't through the Web...). I just wrote in capitals...
Looks like it worked...
Now I'll ask nicely : ALDERBRANCH, can you PLEEEAASE! post the stronghold heroes, too?
Because on Heroes Community I saw only photos and I want to see their stories too....
Anyhow, Sir Jaywood is still my favourite non-campaign hero http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KingImp
05-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Let's hope that tomorrow will come the news we were told about, KingImp..though I don't know what you're talking about...
I just took a look on Heroes Community and I haven't seen the stronghold heroes.

http://heroescommunity.com/vie...33727&pagenumber=359 (http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=33727&pagenumber=359)

Look for foxxxer's post that has the heroes in it.

Nelgirith
05-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Thorgin, can you PLEEEAASE! post the stronghold heroes, too?
Because on Heroes Community I saw only photos and I want to see their stories too....
I doubt he'll post them, they're for tomorrow :P

Metamagician
05-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Thunion:

I dont know what the hell this guy doesnt like... ok i MEYBE understand his concern about army of famales,but raging about famale mage..

No, I am rightfully raging about the fact that ALL magic heroes are female, every single one of them, at least from that link(and even if they are not all female they are in the faction I intend to play).

Like all of a sudden there is some arbitrary rule where males can't be magic heroes.
And I always play mage classes in every single game.

Why can't you grasp the RPG concept, I am male(like over 90% of gamers are), therefore I want my avatar in the game to be male. WTF is this so difficult to understand??

Ubisoft or whoever is totally <span class="ev_code_RED">EDIT</span> clueless.

<span class="ev_code_RED">EDIT - bypassing the forum language filter is not permitted</span>

Decepticats
05-05-2011, 11:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thunion:

No, I am rightfully raging about the fact that ALL magic heroes are female, every single one of them, at least from that link(and even if they are not all female they are in the faction I intend to play).

Like all of a sudden there is some arbitrary rule where males can't be magic heroes.

Why can't you grasp the RPG concept, I am male(like over 90% of gamers are), therefore I want my avatar in the game to be male. WTF is this so difficult to understand??

Ubisoft or whoever is totally <span class="ev_code_RED">EDIT</span> clueless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My account is still suspended despite it only supposed to having been a 1 week suspension over two days ago so I'm going to use this account to say:

They obviously have not revealed all of the heroes yet. Furthermore, they've stated you can make your own in game so you could make your own male mage of any faction with as much testosterone pumped in as you like. Quit getting Henny Penny over not being able to see how you will vicariously be a real man in Heroes 6. I'm sure there will be plenty of options for that just especially for you.

znork
05-05-2011, 12:09 PM

Ubisoft or whoever is totally fuc*king clueless.

I am a male and i love wimmen so you all know. I the more wimmen the marrier. Aslong is i dont get 3 wimmen alone

Ro.Floro
05-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the info, KingImp, although it's pretty useless...the translation is even worse than the way znork writes in english(no offense, man...just a joke :P).

Alderbranchh
05-05-2011, 01:09 PM
<span class="ev_code_PINK">You "make" a mistake, not "do" one... But we're not here for a grammar lesson... I thought that you were writing "famales" because you had a motive(maybe a joke or something). In any case...My favourite hero from the campaign is Kiril(the one from Inferno...isn't this his name?) AND, BTW </span><span class="ev_code_BLACK">Alderbranch</span> <span class="ev_code_PINK">....WHEN WILL YOU POST THE HEROES THAT HAVE BEEN ON FACEBOOK SINCE YESTERDAY???</span>

p1nk1f13d!!!11!!!

Yelling is not good. Calling me Thorgin whilest yelling is even worse.

You have hence recieved the worst punishment this forum has to offer... p1nk1f1c4t10n!!11!!!

And the pictures were out there by 14:00GMT so its all good. I have actual work to do and my employer would not be happy if I neglected my work to post pretty pictures on the boards.
Oh.. as a sidenote. The next pictures will be posted tomorrow as early as is possible (aka they have been uploaded by the webmaster) cheers!!

BlueLore
05-05-2011, 01:11 PM

Ubisoft or whoever is totally fuc*king clueless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so you want to tell me that yougen,a hero of the sanctuary,is a girl because he is a magic hero?
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/forums/pictures/heroes6/Generic_Sanctuary_Yugen.jpg

Ro.Floro
05-05-2011, 01:40 PM
what does being "p1nk1f13d!!!11!!!" mean?
Does it mean I can't post here anymore?
I'm not familiar with the terminology...sorry if I seem cocky or something...

znork
05-05-2011, 01:43 PM

you angered the alder. seriouse not its a act nice warning with a dash of humor

belgarath21
05-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Guys,

We do all realize that alderbranch isn't a ubisoft employee and is entitled to have a life, right?

It's not alderbranch's fault the game was delayed. I hate it when people take their anger out on people just because they're available.

I think the method of turning messages pink as a warning works well.

Alderbranchh
05-05-2011, 02:07 PM

It's the most effective punishment to date. Its 1337-ified in order to make kiddies understand and its also funny cause they usually dont like pink and will go "OMFG Y0SA $UCKZorz" or whatever they fancy for the moment. ^^

Seriously its just a way, as znork put it, to ask users to abide by netiquette. Which among some things involve not typing all in caps. Yelling is considered rude afterall.
Other than that I merely prefer if ppl use my actual nickname - Alderbranch and not Thorgin (which is ubis fault)...

So it is not a warning that will impede thine visit at these boards, its not gonna revoke any rights to post or speak your mind.
Its merely me being as funny as possible (if you look at my sig youll see I make fun of myself more than others...)

The sig even originally didnt say "god" but "******" but I was WARNED?!!! by a CM that it might be offensive to the ******ed... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Originally posted by belgarath21:
We do all realize that alderbranch isn't a ubisoft employee and is entitled to have a life, right?

Please tell my employer that too! ^^

Originally posted by belgarath21:
I think the method of turning messages pink as a warning works well.

Me too, but its not actual warnings. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Its just notifications of poor netiquette or the likes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (or typing my nickname the wrong way)

BTOG46
05-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Thorgin:
Its just notifications of poor netiquette or the likes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (or typing my nickname the wrong way)

Espacially typing your nic wrong, like adding the extra 'h' that normally shows on your screen name when the forums aren't playing silly beggars like they are now..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

*runs away*

Justice
05-05-2011, 03:56 PM
The sig even originally didnt say "god" but "******" but I was WARNED?!!! by a CM that it might be offensive to the ******ed... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

<span class="ev_code_PINK"> See, if I wouldn't have been banned for 3 days last time I reported you and Ache for double and triple posting I would have reported you for writing in caps right after pointing out that that is against the forum rules http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif *Makes sure to run faster than BTOG*</span>

*p1nk1f13d!!!111!!!!*

Ro.Floro
05-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Looks like I caused quite a storm around here....http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Sorry...I didn't know you are Alderbranch....my bad:|

ChaosArchon85
05-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Anyway... back on topic.

DELEB IS BACK! *hoping for a way to implement exploding ballista*
I like how her face looks drawn back like it's just a mask over her spiky red demon head.

Otherwise... neat stories. I'm again disappointed to see the prevalence of mediocre unique abilities (especially the "+X weekly growth of Y")

Alderbranchh
05-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Justice:
<span class="ev_code_PINK"> See, if I wouldn't have been banned for 3 days last time I reported you and Ache for double and triple posting I would have reported you for writing in caps right after pointing out that that is against the forum rules http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif *Makes sure to run faster than BTOG*</span>

*p1nk1f13d!!!111!!!!*

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif You do know its against the rules to backseat mod right http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Also, writing ONE word all in caps is to put focus on that which is normal without it being considered yelling.

Looks like I caused quite a storm around here....http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Sorry...I didn't know you are Alderbranch....my bad:|

My sig didnt give me away?! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
It can otherwise give me some nasty ideas if it works on other ppl then http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Originally posted by ChaosArchon85:
I'm again disappointed to see the prevalence of mediocre unique abilities (especially the "+X weekly growth of Y")

I second that... Those abilities suck.
Directly interactive abilites are better.
The same goes for resourceheroes. Luckily we have yet to see those.

Metamagician
05-06-2011, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by BlueLore:

so you want to tell me that yougen,a hero of the sanctuary,is a girl because he is a magic hero?
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/forums/pictures/heroes6/Generic_Sanctuary_Yugen.jpg

LOL, I won't even touch a faction that has 3(almost half) explicitly female units.

They really lost the plot.

Ro.Floro
05-06-2011, 02:31 AM
At LONG last!!! I understand what "sig" means...I thought you meant to write "sigh"...
I'm not usually this stupid...just this once, because I weren't understanding what you were talking about...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
P.S.: Excuse me if I make grammar mistakes...english is not my native language...I just screw up the tenses http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Metamagician
05-06-2011, 02:36 AM
And every time I click on any part of this site there is a background image of a female hero in big-tittied armor..

What the hell is wrong with people who are making this game?
They are really going overboard with this matriarchy thing.

Ro.Floro
05-06-2011, 02:44 AM
Matemagician?
I really don't understand you?
Don't you see them everyday on the street? Have they tried to eat you or something?
What's wrong with women? You'll be able to make your own hero and you can exteriorize your adversity toward women(by beating the **** out of them in the game)...Or you can play with my favourite, Sir Jaywoods http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Kartabon
05-06-2011, 04:22 AM
<span class="ev_code_PINK">Do not start again with the female-male topic guys, just keep on the thread.</span>

@Alder: <span class="ev_code_PINK"> since when your name is Thorgin? :P</span>
p1nk1f13d!!!!11111!!!!

Justice
05-06-2011, 05:51 AM

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif You do know its against the rules to backseat mod right http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

If it is illegal to backseat mods you will either have to lift that rule when it comes to BTOG or ban most of the forum. I mean, he is old! How can someone who is old run? ... Oh, right... His jet driven wheelchair, and he is aiming right for me, right? Goodbye http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Matemagician?

Just ignore him. He is clearly just trolling. Talking about the same subject over and over again, threatening to leave just to return, spamming every single thread he can find with the same topic... Clearly no point in replying to him.

Thunion
05-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Just ignore him. He is clearly just trolling. Talking about the same subject over and over again, threatening to leave just to return, spamming every single thread he can find with the same topic... Clearly no point in replying to him.
Yeah i guess its just pointless to try to argue with him,he will flame game for every famale he sees with the same false arguments, like hero is avatar of him in game(in rpg it is,in strategy,ESPECIALLY in heroes most of the time its not....)
But my last try,Metamagician whats wrong with matriarchy if it would be this way? i mean at earlier ages there was and matriarchy to,its like return to ancients :P.But anyway its aint matriarchy,its more that 99% of games
are patriarchical a.k.a more males then famales and heroes aint exception.

Ro.Floro
05-06-2011, 06:22 AM

You're right...why am I wasting my time explaining.....Thunion, can't you write "females"? :P

ChaosArchon85
05-06-2011, 06:50 AM
I second that... Those abilities suck.
Directly interactive abilites are better.
The same goes for resourceheroes. Luckily we have yet to see those.

Exactly what I think! Iirc, MMH6 is expected to have many more heroes that become available as unlockables... probably the more complex and rewarding unique abilities will belong to those heroes that are more difficult to unlock.

Alderbranchh
05-06-2011, 07:02 AM
@ALL: We concluded the week of heroes now. I persisted there were 7 days in the week but the dev-team said we only have 5 factions and 5 workdays ^^

They are really going overboard with this matriarchy thing.

Make a mod then for gods sake... "ALL male"-mod for all those that think women are suited for ironing and cooking.

oh and you gave me a tip for a new faction.

ALL FEMALE!
Amazons
Mighthero: Amazon
Magichero: Metamagician

Originally posted by Justice:
If it is illegal to backseat mods you will either have to lift that rule when it comes to BTOG or ban most of the forum. I mean, he is old! How can someone who is old run? ... Oh, right... His jet driven wheelchair, and he is aiming right for me, right? Goodbye http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

And now that chase was over and he is yet again aimin for my whiskybarrels since he forgot why he was rushin out in that chair again... *sigh*.... if he just was a little less senile...

Originally posted by Kartabon:
<span class="ev_code_PINK">Do not start again with the female-male topic guys, just keep on the thread.</span>

@Alder: <span class="ev_code_PINK"> since when your name is Thorgin? :P</span>
p1nk1f13d!!!!11111!!!!

Karta, you aint safe just cause you are a mod... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
And soon youll be an hrs drive away... I just might stand outside your door one day with a bucket of pink paint. ^^

Metamagician
05-06-2011, 01:52 PM
for all those that think women are suited for ironing and cooking.

You are strawmanning again...stop it, you know what this is about and why perfectly well.

Alderbranchh
05-06-2011, 03:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">for all those that think women are suited for ironing and cooking.

You are strawmanning again...stop it, you know what this is about and why perfectly well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Humor is lost on some it seems...

To spell it out as bluntly as possible. Yeah ive already said this discussion has been done and that its been covered and that you should get a moveon on the matter. Do persist and I will consider it a violation of the rules.
If you have any problems with it then please take it up with a global mod or with a forum manager. The possibility that they are less forgiving than I am is quite frankly very plausible.

Justice
05-06-2011, 06:53 PM
I showed one global mod his posts since I found them to be somewhere between funny and tragic. The global mod replied that the only reason he hadn't banned him already was that "Alder got a bit miffed" last time he stole a ban on Alder's forum, hehe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And now that chase was over and he is yet again aimin for my whiskybarrels since he forgot why he was rushin out in that chair again... *sigh*.... if he just was a little less senile...

A little less senile? No, if only he was a little more senile I could probably get away with stealing the whisky from him once he has stolen it from you. As it is he is probably likely to ban me just for mentioning the possibility of stealing whisky from him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Myster_Guile
05-07-2011, 03:26 AM
If you have any problems with it then please take it up with a global mod or with a forum manager. The possibility that they are less forgiving than I am is quite frankly very plausible.

I hope so, <STRIKE>Commander</STRIKE> Metamagician,for your sake. The <STRIKE>Emperor</STRIKE> Global Mod is not as forgiving as I am.

Kartabon
05-07-2011, 04:50 AM
<span class="ev_code_PINK">It was nice to have those heroes and that information posted in the forums </span>ALDERBRANCH, <span class="ev_code_PINK">thanks =)</span>

<span class="ev_code_PINK"> @Metamagician: I'm not as forgiving and as understanding as </span> ALDERBRANCH <span class="ev_code_PINK"> can be. One more word about females, one more try to create polemic, and you will be punished. Last warning http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ( Guys please, just don't feed him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )</span>

@Alderbranch: <span class="ev_code_PINK">A bucket of pink paint, waiting outside of my door? I should avoid telling you my address :P :P</span>

p1nk1f13d!!!!!1111!!!

Ro.Floro
05-08-2011, 04:09 AM
More to the subject, Mr. Alderbranch.
Will there be new heroes you will show us next week?

Alderbranchh
05-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Ive not recieved any more news on that no.
So youll have to make do without them for now ^^

Ro.Floro
05-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Another week of "not showing anything to the public", then, eh?
Nice...though in the summer you will have to advertise it a lot, so we'll see a lot of things then...anyway...the game will be great, I know it!

karin003
05-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Other than that I merely prefer if ppl use my actual nickname - Alderbranch and not Thorgin (which is ubis fault)...
Could someone please explain to me why people are calling Alderbranch Thorgin? I even saw on the previous page that it quoted something Alderbranch wrote, yet it said "Thorgin said". And how is that Ubi's fault? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

And I'm also one of those that thought it was Alderbranchh with two h-es. That's the way it's displayed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

BTOG46
05-10-2011, 05:23 PM
It's a long story, but basically, "Thorgin" was Alder's old account name, but years ago, way back when the forums allowed display name changes, he decided to change it to "Alderbranch"

Unfortunately, he made a slight spelling error and added a second 'h'.

Even more unfortunately, before he could edit it, a combination of forum software updates and changes removed the ability to change display names, and he's been stuck with it ever since.

Every now and then, possibly when the IT guys are doing maintenance on the forums, the software decides to display his old name for a while, but eventually it goes back to normal.

karin003
05-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the much informative reply.

Kudos for making it sound like an interesting fairytale in the form of:
A long time ago...
But suddenly and unfortunately...
And he's been stuck with it ever since...
But every now and then...
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Alderbranchh
05-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Actually its not a typo but lets all sit down and enjoy the further developments in the "Story of Alderbranch"

There was also the gaming account named "alderbranch" which I use but it wasnt possible to use it at the old boards (before the current piece of **** forumsoftware currently in place that is) so I had to draw up another account with the consent of UBI.
The account recieved the name of a hero I made in a game (Warlords Battlecry 2) which was a Dark dwarven Assasin. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
An avatar if you will, so that I could type amongst the mortals.

When one could change ones displayname I aptly took my time to fix the thorgin account by making it Alderbranchh cause one couldnt have a displayname that was already in use as a account-name.

Now nearly a decade has passed since that unfortunate day known as "the Great Loss" and alderbranch has yet to return to his full glory. ^^

Cheers!

*starts thinking of making a thread thats locked and adding it to my sig so I dont have to explain this over and over again (thrice a month nearly)*

Randart1951
05-11-2011, 01:18 AM
This could also be called, 'The Tail of Two hh's' or how 'Thorgin's Miss Hap' came to be! Or, well I guess it could have many titles all as telling as has been lain down in this lore that is becoming a legend in Alder Branch's mind... Or as we used to say in the 60's, "Melts in your mind not in your hands...." That is another tale entirely!