PDA

View Full Version : IUB 102 Questions

dc19622006
01-28-2006, 05:39 PM
I've played Silent Hunter for some time with RUB 1.45 installed. I recently discovered the IUB 102 mod and was hoping to get some more info on it. Is 1.45 included in the IUB 102 mod? What are the main differences between the two? Any know problems with its installation? Thanks for your help

AO1_AW_SW_USN
01-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by dc19622006:
I've played Silent Hunter for some time with RUB 1.45 installed. I recently discovered the IUB 102 mod and was hoping to get some more info on it. Is 1.45 included in the IUB 102 mod? What are the main differences between the two? Any know problems with its installation? Thanks for your help

Without typing a complete analysis, I can say this:

The difference is preference. Personally, I enjoy the IUB over the RUB for the simple fact that the map in RUB drives me nuts (with it's contact shapes and hydroplone contact lines).

My suggestion is to try both and see the differences between the two. Then pick your own preference.

vanjast
01-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by dc19622006:

Remember that there are 3 types of mod(ders). Those who change the graphics, the campaigns, and both.

RuB = emphasis on Campaigns and psuedo realities.
IUB = emphasis on graphics and to a lesser extent, psuedo realities. (I haven't used this)

Jonesoft MOD enabler is the software to install this lot.
Just don't install one over the other and keep your Mods to a minimum!
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Blue_Ninja63
01-28-2006, 06:28 PM
the main difference is that IUB102 is a compilation of the best mods on the net including rub. It is a 600mb mod that greatly increases realism in all aspects. You must use jsgme(Jonesoft Mod Enabler) to install the program and you must read and understand the readme text to successfully install IUB102 without problems