PDA

View Full Version : Are you pre-ordering?

banzai_billy
02-03-2007, 07:48 PM
I just pre-ordered mine. Personally I believe that if they pay attention to what they did right in SH3 at all they can't come out with a bad product. Is anyone else pre-ordering?

macker33
02-03-2007, 09:37 PM
I would but the only message i got when i went to order was
" Exclusive Limited Edition - Coming Soon !"

Kingcobra24
02-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Nope...nor am I about to. Why pay $50 or more for a product that hasn't proven it's worth that much as yet?
I'll wait about a year, and this way, the price will lower by 50% or more, and mods will be all over the place to make the game what it should have been from the onset.

Remember the old saying: "Those who don't learn from the past are destined to repeat it." I learned from SH3 not to expect a GREAT sim just because the devs say it is. After all, their job is to hype it to the max in order to sell as many copies as they can.

Maverick_U2007
02-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Can understand the last comment, but for someone like me who has come in on the back on the tail end of SH3, I have had to search all the forums for answers to questions, like updates, patches mods etc.
This time I will come in at the start and will be able to follow all the patches and mods etc as they appear.
Have to accept though, that within 12 months the 'Modders' will have opened it up, rebuilt it and made it the game it was intended to be!!!.
Just as an aside I have ordered my copy....£24.99p (UK)

TheRealPotoroo
02-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Maverick_U2007:
Have to accept though, that within 12 months the 'Modders' will have opened it up, rebuilt it and made it the game it was intended to be!!!.
Intended by whom? It's a mistake to confuse a few hard-core über-realism nuts with the game designers.

tambor198
02-04-2007, 06:12 PM
I've pre-ordered mine for only one reason. I've been waiting for SH to come back to the Pacific since they first came out with SH2. heck I still play SH1 once a month.

tambor198 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

banzai_billy
02-05-2007, 02:40 PM
thanks for replying. wondering if i was the only one.